Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

theteal wrote: »
    2 × Brazil 12 month subs and a 1 month Ultimate. Take a trip to Brazil to redeem the subs

So it's two out of region Live codes (which can cause problems for people) and a Ultimate code?

Keep in mind that people have had problems redeeming new codes from Amazon recently. They get a warning along the lines of "you have a subscription from another region".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

theteal wrote: »
    Did mine maybe 6 weeks ago. You can only stack up to 3 years so just get 2 * 12 month subs and then convert with how ever many months of ultimate you want

I've got to leave mine (GPU) expire first on the 21st of this month. Then I'll go for the Gold subs and upgrade to ultimate. Hope it still works then. I already had used the initial convert to Ultimate for €1. When it first came out.

If I understand correctly, I'll be paying €12.99 to convert say 24 months Xbox Live Gold to 24 months GamePass Ultimate... After my current one expires, with auto renew turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Oh, maybe parcel motel to here. Klara do credit to Irish customers

I'm not sure on that. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge, will fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So it's two out of region Live codes (which can cause problems for people) and a Ultimate code?

Keep in mind that people have had problems redeeming new codes from Amazon recently. They get a warning along the lines of "you have a subscription from another region".

Yup, that's it. Those Brazil codes have worked for years and I can confirm that hasn't changed up to very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

bazzz wrote: »
    I've got to leave mine (GPU) expire first on the 21st of this month. Then I'll go for the Gold subs and upgrade to ultimate. Hope it still works then. I already had used the initial convert to Ultimate for €1. When it first came out.

If I understand correctly, I'll be paying €12.99 to convert say 24 months Xbox Live Gold to 24 months GamePass Ultimate... After my current one expires, with auto renew turned off.

I just did this. I had 2 keys from cdkeys, and a code for one month of GPU from Microsoft (I think I got it for rewards). After my sub expired, I redeemed the XBL codes, one at a time, gaining an extra month each time by ticking the recurring payment option. Then, I redeemed the GPU code, which again gave me an extra month in exchange for the recurring payment, so I now have GPU until January 2023.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

bazzz wrote: »

Yep, let it expire first.

Yeah I did it when the £1 deal was available thinking I had a lot longer left to run hence I had to take another trip to Brazil a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of buying the 14 day Ultimate but they dont work, has to be 1 month or more

Also iirc you get another month free for ticking the auto-renew box - wont be staying ticked for long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Want to see the new XBOX box? :pac:

Xbox-Series-X-Retail-Packaging_09-09-20_001.jpg

How about it's backside?

Xbox-Series-X-Retail-Packaging_09-09-20_002.jpg

source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like no Ireland.

Xbox All Access will be available in the following countries this holiday:

Australia at Telstra
    Canada at EB Games
    Denmark at Elgiganten
    Finland at Gigantti
    France at FNAC
    New Zealand at Spark
    Norway at Elkjøp
    Poland at Media Expert
    South Korea at SK Telecom
    Sweden at Elgiganten
    UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
    United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart

Looks like no Ireland.

Xbox All Access will be available in the following countries this holiday:

Australia at Telstra
    Canada at EB Games
    Denmark at Elgiganten
    Finland at Gigantti
    France at FNAC
    New Zealand at Spark
    Norway at Elkjøp
    Poland at Media Expert
    South Korea at SK Telecom
    Sweden at Elgiganten
    UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
    United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart

Interesting that countries like Aussie and NZ are through Telecoms companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

On smyths pre order can you pre order online or better off goin into shop on 22nd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Do you think it would be best to trade in Xbox x now I to gamestop as I would get 243 credit as have level one account and use that to pay more or less half off on it or do u think they will have an offer in store to trade it In against the new console that would be better? Gamestop can have good offers against new computers like this to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

recyclops wrote: »
    On smyths pre order can you pre order online or better off goin into shop on 22nd?

I plan to pre-order online. Pre-ordered the X online without issue.

so next and last question do they go live midnight or later in the day??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I hate to say it but I do see issues with this generation and availability at launch. I don't think production has been as good as previous gens for obvious reasons and I don't think everyone that wants one of these day one (myself included) will be lucky enough to get one. I really hope I am wrong but supply chains are going to be stretched.

well from my phone call to two gamestop branches yesterday both advised it would be 50 down and no guarantee before Xmas :rolleyes::rolleyes:

first one had 33 pre orders and the second had 47 :eek::eek::eek:

il try amazon and smyths and see how i go, Argos as a fall back for day one and if none come to pass then i will wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ZiabR wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I do see issues with this generation and availability at launch. I don't think production has been as good as previous gens for obvious reasons and I don't think everyone that wants one of these day one (myself included) will be lucky enough to get one. I really hope I am wrong but supply chains are going to be stretched.

On the contrary, it seems like both Microsoft and Sony are being very aggressive with their production, Sony has even doubled the amount of consoles being produced. There's no reports that manufacturing has been affected at all.

Personally, I think that anyone who wants a new console won't have to wait to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    On the contrary, it seems like both Microsoft and Sony are being very aggressive with their production, Sony has even doubled the amount of consoles being produced. There's no reports that manufacturing has been affected at all.

Personally, I think that anyone who wants a new console won't have to wait to buy one.

Indeed, Sony will reportedly have 10 million units of the PS5 for launch as opposed to 4 million for the PS4.

Microsoft should also be good considering they discontinued 3 of the 4 Xbox One models only keeping the 1TB One S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So wait.... We can't get the deal with game pass and EA play?

So we have to buy all those games if we want to play them?

I'm a bit confused. Is this a great deal only for those 12 countries mentioned?

It's a deal that allows people in those countries to pay off the cost of the console, as well as having GPU.

We still have access to Game Pass etc, we just need to buy the console outright (or finance it yourself, if you want).

If you have Game Pass you will have EA Play bundled in.

All Access is a program where you pay a certain amount each month for two years and you'll get a new console and Game Pass Ultimate with no up front fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Great, that's me getting a Series S to pair with PS5 and PC.

I have game pass on PC, it's 3 euro per month. Will that give me access to the new service?

I have game pass on PC, it's 3 euro per month. Will that give me access to the new service?

nope you will need to upgrade it to game pass ultimate which is i think 13 a month but you could cancel your subscription and stack gold to convert to GPU

No. You need Game Pass Ultimate to play on both Xbox and PC.

Let you PC subscription expire. Buy two years of Live and an additional 6 months, redeem one and turn on auto renew so you get an additional month of Live. Turn off auto renew. Redeem the second code and turn on auto renew to get another additional month. Turn off auto renew. Redeem your last code and turn on auto renew to get another month. Turn off auto renew.

You should now have two years and nine months of Live. Convert to Game Pass Ultimate for €1 (or €12.99 if you've had it before) and turn on auto renew. That should give you another two months and convert your current Live subscription to Game Pass Ultimate. Turn off auto renew.

Edit: Microsoft just announced the Game Pass for PC is increasing in pricr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think this will be the first xbox I have not bought on day one since the original Xbox nearly 20 years ago :(:(:(

I really want one but I am building a house and renting now and have really ****ty BB I mean real bad:mad::mad: 10mb at best but the worst thing is the lag OMFG it makes games unplayable

Anyway I think one of the prerequisites of buying any new console now is having decent BB, FTTH preferably and the file sizes are massive and only getting bigger. My new house should have NBI FTTH by the time I move in next summer and I am building a dedicated games/media room so I will wait until then

My OneX will have to do for now playing COD MW will ping times of about 140ms :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Basil3 wrote: »
    Interesting that countries like Aussie and NZ are through Telecoms companies.

If i'd to make wild assumptions I'd say the reason is down to how easily they can case debts. Some countries debts can be cased easier so reduses the risk, and more than Aus and NZ using their local phone companies for the deal might mean something there too. Ireland stupidly doesn't even count unpaid bills for your credit score.

Probably why we won't get it.

"Can't pay we take it away" might be reality TV in the UK or US, but might as well be sci-fiction for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Is the earliest Anyone can preorder is the 22nd sept ? I’m thinking going smyths online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Is the earliest Anyone can preorder is the 22nd sept ? I’m thinking going smyths online
    yea that the earliest for everyone

rob808 wrote: »
    yea that the earliest for everyone

unless you were/are mad enough to give gamestop your €50 already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

recyclops wrote: »
    unless you were/are mad enough to give gamestop your €50 already
    yea but still turn into a perorder.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    yea but still turn into a perorder.

true, but giving someone 50 quid and not be guaranteed a console this side of xmas is a tad mad imo

Advertisement