Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Is the earliest Anyone can preorder is the 22nd sept ? I’m thinking going smyths online

Smyths defo the way to go me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

recyclops wrote: »
    true, but giving someone 50 quid and not be guaranteed a console this side of xmas is a tad mad imo
    yea but even if you preorder of smythtoys or even amazon your not guaranteed to get one at launch.I think you get one for xmas because the ps5 seem to have way more interest.

The Gamestop in blachardstown had like over 300 perorders for the ps5 and xbox series x was no were even close to it.

rob808 wrote: »
    yea but even if you preorder of smythtoys or even amazon your not guaranteed to get one at launch.I think you get one for xmas because the ps5 seem to have way more interest.

The Gamestop in blachardstown had like over 300 perorders for the ps5 and xbox series x was no were even close to it.

Are you saying it will be harder for Gamestop to fulfil a preorder because there is less demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

that is true but your not stuck with one company, least this way i can preorder from a few suppliers and see who is able to fulfil the order quickest

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you saying it will be harder for Gamestop to fulfil a preorder because there is less demand?
    The xbox series x should be easier to get than a ps5.I went to Smyth to register my interest in Ps5 she pull out a book with loads of names on it.I dont know what Xbox series x was like didn't ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody parting with their One X for a Series S?
    Would that be madness?

recyclops wrote: »
    that is true but your not stuck with one company, least this way i can preorder from a few suppliers and see who is able to fulfil the order quickest
    Im gona leave my preorder in Gamestop for series x but probably cancel ps5 im like in 99 0n a list of over 300.Then again no sure what to do probably order of amazon and smythstoy.my nephew want a PS5 he like 300 on list he not get one for launch so probably cancel his and perorder get some were else.

theteal wrote: »
    Would that be madness?

I have 3 One X's. Right now my plan is get rid of 2 of them, one for a Series S, and the other for Series X.

My kids still use discs for some games, so still want to have at least one of the machines besides the Series X with a disc drive.

theteal wrote: »
    Would that be madness?
    it wouldn't be 1440p 120fps ray traying €300 it sell fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is there any hint of a Day One Edition (like 2013)?

I assume we would have heard when pricing and preorder dates were announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

When you pre-order from Smyths etc next week, you'll be getting a pre-order for launch day, based on expected stock allowances, unless otherwise stated on the website or in the shop.

The pre-orders from Gamestop right now are completely hit and hope! They don't have any stock to assign those to and are just hoping they get enough to cover launch! They obviously don't believe they will, as they are telling some people "before Xmas"!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I really don't think there will be many 1440p 120fps raytraced games on the Series S. Still a great upgrade from the One S though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah but no disk drive means it can't replace the One X at the main TV - the Disney collection is annoyingly vast.

The plan (very loose term) was to move the One X into the back room with a new Series X taking pride of place connected to the good TV. "Issue" being that my One X is shockingly loud when some HDR kicks in so I wouldn't mind parting with it so this is where the Series S may be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Ah apologies - I didn't explain correctly.

Back in 2013, Microsoft launched a Day One Edition of the Xbox One. When I picked it up it had a controller with Day One 2013 printed on it as well as a Day One Achievement.

In terms of preordering, I live in Spain - Game is my go to store however, i might order online directly from Microsoft - if there are reward points for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Are there any online retailers that can guarantee delivery the same day it goes live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Grayson wrote: »
    Are there any online retailers that can guarantee delivery the same day it goes live?

The likes of Smyths, GameStop (as much as people hate/think will be out of Business). There's never any guarantee, but as long as you pre-order when they go live. You'll have a good chance of receiving one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I know with the One X Scorpio Edition, i pre ordered in Smyths and went in the day after it was released, they had a pallet of consoles and each customers name was stuck to the box. Easy and fast procedure. Shame the Scorpio Edition died within 6 months and I had to replace it for a standard model...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ZiabR wrote: »
    I know with the One X Scorpio Edition, i pre ordered in Smyths and went in the day after it was released, they had a pallet of consoles and each customers name was stuck to the box. Easy and fast procedure. Shame the Scorpio Edition died within 6 months and I had to replace it for a standard model...

I still have my Scorpio console :D
    It's not worth any more in trade ins, from what I can tell :mad:

ZiabR wrote: »
    yea smyths are pretty good would had perorder of them it just have a good bit of money down on series x in Gamestop.I definitely gona perorder ps5 in smyth and cancel in gamestop then transfer the money from the cancel ps5 to series x.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'll probably order it through Microsoft and get the points again. They got the console to me day one the last time around as well, so that's alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I cant see the cheaper one boosting sales all that much, i mean if you already wanted an xbox with game pass for 200e you could have one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Series S is really small. Like really small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'll probably order it through Microsoft and get the points again. They got the console to me day one the last time around as well, so that's alright.

I considered this myself, i might actually take the punt on them although i find there website awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Is GameStop the only place you can trade your console in against a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Is GameStop the only place you can trade your console in against a new one?

Yes. You could get cash from CEX and trade either or try an independent store.

Expect CEX to have "2nd hand" ones with a €100 mark up on day 1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Good to know, I think I might do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I cant see the cheaper one boosting sales all that much, i mean if you already wanted an xbox with game pass for 200e you could have one.

Of course it'll boost sales, there's gonna be loads of people who intended on only getting the PS5 who'll now get the Series S along with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

What was this? I'm intrigued.

Advertisement