Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Anyone else having trouble getting into a Halo MP match? Waiting for other players for about 5 mins and then "There was a problem with the dedicated server".

I hope this isn't going to be a buggy mess. If there's one thing that puts me off playing a game it's not being able to get into matches. You'd have thought releasing it early they'd have made sure it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It is not a full release yet though, it's labelled as a Beta.

Getting in now. Not sure about the game tbh. Feels really dated.

What does that mean these days? Games stay in Beta forever. Fortnite is still in beta for example.

They're taking money for cosmetics and battle pass. That's not a typical Beta.

• Advertisement

I know and I agree with you that it's not fair to pony up money for beta content. But company's use that tag to get away with issues that they are trying to iron out.

You've a right to be annoyed about matchmaking issues, but for me I'd be slightly more forgiving, just cos it's tagged as Beta.

Once it's out of Beta, I'd be livid though 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I nominate one of ye to start a Halo Infinite thread in the main Gaming (General) forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Bahahahaaa and interrupt the only conversation on Halo they are having...which is....whether the live action TV show will take his helmet off or not 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My gaming monitor is a 4K OLED TV. Massive improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ah, so it's a "them" and "us" situation? Got it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm having some issues with my XB1 that I'm hoping someone might have a solution for or point me in the right direction.

After turning the console on for the first time in a couple of months, the green loading screen appeared and the small 'Hi Mark' icon appears but the screen just goes black and stays like that. If I press the logo button on the controller, it will show the usual turn off/restart screen.

I've tried holding the power button, unplugging and plugging in again. I've checked and changed ports for the hdmi but I'm still being met with the black screen.

Is there any coming back from this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Could it be this?

There's a fix in there, basically factory reset by turning it off and holding down the eject + power buttons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Right folks, it's almost that time of year again, mistletoe, bad Christmas jumpers, etc. Normally this involves a fair number of questions arriving in here, so I'm going to revive the thread that I sometimes do at Christmas, a kind of "how to" or "what's what" on all things Xbox at Christmas time. Any threads that do crop up, I'll merge into this new thread eventually (if I can figure out how to merge threads on this new platform 😂)

Topics that I'm going to cover and my suggestions:

• Xbox One/S/X; Basically, don't buy. The Series S is a better budget device in most ways that matter.
    • Series S; A very good mid range device, great for kids that won't be bothered by not having the highest quality visuals. Pair with Game Pass for best results.
    • Series X; Excellent choice, but near impossible to get. Get if money no object or if you want the best visuals. Pair with Game Pass for best results.
    • Game Pass + Game Pass Ultimate; Incredible deal, particularly if you do the live upgrade deal. I'll include a link to the Game Pass deal thread.
    • General advice; set up the console beforehand, install games beforehand.

Anything else that I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

You can get accessories for the elite controller but don’t have any experience with them. New colours on the triggers etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Controller-Replacement-Custom-Accessory/dp/B08Z59CPGS?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is Microsoft Edge not working for anyone else?

Any one else check out the Xbox Museum? Some interesting stuff there, and they don't pull their punches about their own history (trying to buy nintendo and the Xbox One launch come to mind), but the stats are more interesting. I've spent longer playing Witcher 3 than any other game, and one of the first games I ever played on Xbox Live was Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Must have played that for only about 5 minutes, just didn't get on with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ I see you had the Original Xbox. I wish I had that console.

I only started this tag in 2006.

I had a previous gamertag called marcbrophy that I used on original xbox and 360 for it's first year. Had about 30 - 40,000 score on that, but it's lost to the ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I had original xbox and 360 as well. Had just over 100k gamescore. Moved out of parents house about 9 years ago, left 360 behind and It broke last year. I couldn't remember my password or log in for it so had to create a new one for series x I got. Have about 3k gamerscore now sadly. I should of backed up details on USB from the 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Here is mine.

I actually had the original Xbox but I never connected to the internet with it due to not having internet back then. 🤣

Call of Duty Cold War is my most played game across all generations, ha! Think I'll play some more today. I was going to retire from the game once Halo came out but it's been a huge disappointment for me. Speaking of Xbox museum, it feels really dated and just very boring. Reminds me a bit like Man United, the whole playing the "united way". You mean play like a team from the 1990's, yeah that's clearly not working. Halo is similar with the whole keeping the Halo spirit in the game. Nah, you just need to make a really good game in a Halo universe. not a game that feels like its out of 2001.

Found it slightly amusing that these images are hosted by google rather than on MS's own platforms.

Was curious about your one alright! I knew you are a completionist when it comes to achievements. My hat's off to you 🤠😃

Over 27,000 of mine are since March last year 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Damn I haven't played gears 1 in like a decade .lol

Picked up an Xbox series s this evening.

Downloading the upgrade for games now, can't wait to see the difference in this and the Xbox one s.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭seaviewphotos

I'm new to the gaming world and I'm hoping you might give me some pointers, we previously had the WII and I'm looking for something to replace it with. What exactly do I need and is there any chance I'd pick one up before Xmas. I've a 12 year daughter so she'd probably the one who would be playing most often.

I'm thinking an Xbox series S maybe, also could you recommend any family games?

Thanks a mill.

Sorry if a stupid question but how do you get the picture above and to share it? I sign in and go to the personal museum but can't see an option when walking around.

Thanks

Yooka Laylee, Yooka Layee and the impossible Lair, Psychonauts, Psychonauts 2, New Super Lucky's Tale and Supra ball. That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the minute

Walk to the screen that is the same as those pictures above and click share and a link opens in Browser and then copy that link to boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Get a series s. They're €299 and widely available. If you pay for gamepass there's tonnes of games (plenty for kids too) at no extra charge. Means you don't need to worry about buying new games.

Just to note though, the series s has no disk drive. So you have to download games over the Internet (and can stream too if you get gamepass ultimate), so a decent Internet connection is needed.

Advertisement