Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I have a 4TB external harddrive that most of my Xbox one games are on. Can I just plug this into the series X and they'll be ready to play or will I have to download all the games again?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Traded in 1tb Xbox one x (no games) = €231

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I have a 4TB external harddrive that most of my Xbox one games are on. Can I just plug this into the series X and they'll be ready to play or will I have to download all the games again?

Thanks

I dont think so.

There are proprietary expansions for Series X. Your games might run off your current harddrive but not games optimized for Series X or next gen games.

Incidentally, Sony said they may not have expansions currently compatible with their SSD by launch. Im glad Micrsoft sorted this by making proprietary Seagate expansions to avoid people getting incompatible ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

the corpo wrote: »
    I put down a deposit in Gamestop Dundrum for the X yesterday, totally forgot to ask where I was on the list. Just rang to ask and they said they weren't doing a list as of yet, they expect to have more than enough consoles. Said they were for the PS5 as interest seems to be much higher. Fools!

Pretty excited, and I know I should box up the One X here, and bring it in, but my son would kill me if I took away gamespass for the next two months!
    That why im gona cancel my ps5 perorder in Gamestop and preorder in smyths should know Wednesday when sony opening perorders.
    I think smyth we have a good idea of how many ps5 they have at launch as well as series x.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is that risky Incase you don’t get the preorder?

I’m thinking of doing the same

I have a boxed Scorpio , got it from GameStop as they offered 2x credit if trade in a ps4 pro

Got 500euro credit

Scorpio was 500

I'm in no rush, PC is where I'm gaming now, I'm only getting the new console to keep access to my library of games. And also because it's costing me very little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Thanks

They will be ready to play. You can play Xbox One games from your current external harddrive on the new consoles but you won't be able to use it to play Series S and X games. I believe you can store next gen games on there tho to swap between harddrives when needed instead of having to redownload games when you have to make space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well just sold my Oculus quest for 400 euro so all ready to pre order the series X, have a one x but not doing without until series X arrives. I only have an elite controller I wonder is it possible to trade one x without controller or would I have to sell privately

Well just sold my Oculus quest for 400 euro so all ready to pre order the series X, have a one x but not doing without until series X arrives. I only have an elite controller I wonder is it possible to trade one x without controller or would I have to sell privately
    I would get a cheap wire xbox one controller you might lose a little in trade but then again you might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do Gamestop take trade-ins without the box?

Anyone know what they are offering for a One S at the moment? Have an extra one at home and will trade it in before the Series X comes out.

CEX are offering €156.00, but would prefer to get credit for GameStop.

They do. You just need the console, controller, HDMI and power cables.

Not sure what their value is on a One S atm as it isn't listed on their website. Doubt it is as much as the €144 cash unboxed CEX are offering though.

Mr.S wrote: »
    CEX are offering €156 cash for the 1TB model, so will probably just go for that.

Or would GameStop potentially do trade in offers for the Series X?

They are doing trade offers. Expect a maximum of €200 trade for a One S with 2 games from the trade list. I wouldn't be surprised if it is €150 though.

The €144 cash in CEX I quoted was for the 500gb version.

• Advertisement

They are doing trade offers. Expect a maximum of €200 trade for a One S with 2 games from the trade list. I wouldn't be surprised if it is €150 though.

The €144 cash in CEX I quoted was for the 500gb version.
    Gamestop given €100 for Old version of the xbox 1 the 500gb and €125 for the old 1Tb model so I say they give €150 for the xbox one s model.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Forgot to say when I traded it in & asked if I there was a pre order list I needed to be added to, she said no.....there was for the ps5 though.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Forgot to say when I traded it in & asked if I there was a pre order list I needed to be added to, she said no.....there was for the ps5 though.
    yea the ps5 has a serious number was like 300 on list in blachardstown Gamestop that was few months ago don't wanna know what it is now.I say when the perorders open for ps5 they won't be open long.The series x perorders will sellout fast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

They will be ready to play. You can play Xbox One games from your current external harddrive on the new consoles but you won't be able to use it to play Series S and X games. I believe you can store next gen games on there tho to swap between harddrives when needed instead of having to redownload games when you have to make space.

Yes, this is correct, I believe.

Comment from YouTube that pretty much confirms what you said:

Also, you’re still able to STORE your games on external USB 3.0 mechanical/SSD hard drives, you just won’t be able to play off them. So essentially, you can have as much “cheap” storage as you want. You will just have to transfer games quite a bit, which will still be faster than redownloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gamestop will give €136.50 credit for the Xbox one Slim 500GB (without a box and Level 1 )

Gamestop will give €136.50 credit for the Xbox one Slim 500GB (without a box and Level 1 )

Better off going to CEX atm unless you have a level 4 card, €143 at level 3 and €149.50 for level 4.

CEX are currently giving €144 cash or €177 credit unboxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Took my one X into gamestop today, upgraded my loyalty status to level 3.

Got 260 euros trade credit for the console, dying light, and borderlands, the handsome collection (the only games I have physical copies of)

Roll on November 10th, 40 euros more and I'm ready to rock!

This is probably a stupid question but is there any option to sign-up for the deal above, get onto the pre-order list but hold onto your existing console until closer to the Nov 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Limpar wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but is there any option to sign-up for the deal above, get onto the pre-order list but hold onto your existing console until closer to the Nov 10th?

highly unlikley.

you could always put down a few bob to preorder the console, then take your chances with what you'll get for your trade in close to the date, but you'd have to imagine that theyre going to start seeing an influx of second hand consoles now, which will likely drive the values down as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Demo of the Quick Resume feature on a Series S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

highly unlikley.

you could always put down a few bob to preorder the console, then take your chances with what you'll get for your trade in close to the date, but you'd have to imagine that theyre going to start seeing an influx of second hand consoles now, which will likely drive the values down as time goes on.

Not to mention the Series S having a price point of €300 will drive down the value of Xbox One X, S, OG and the All digital edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not to mention the Series S having a price point of €300 will drive down the value of Xbox One X, S, OG and the All digital edition.

If they play their cards right, the One S could be priced in the 'impulse buy' price range - decent games console and 4K bluray / streaming box.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Has there been any video comparing a game released this generation to it's upgraded version yet? I can't seem to see anything anywhere, Xbox or Playstation. You'd think they'd want to give people more reasons to upgrade and actually show what improvements there are.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Has there been any video comparing a game released this generation to it's upgraded version yet? I can't seem to see anything anywhere, Xbox or Playstation. You'd think they'd want to give people more reasons to upgrade and actually show what improvements there are.

Only the Gears 5 comparison on an unoptimized XSX build afaik. Ran at a comparable quality and speed to a 2080TI with everything maxed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Only the Gears 5 comparison on an unoptimized XSX build afaik. Ran at a comparable quality and speed to a 2080TI with everything maxed out.

From what I remember it was more along the lines of a 2080 or a 2080 Super not a 2080ti. Still impressive anyway as it only took a couple of weeks to get it at that standard.

pcadhain wrote: »
    well PlayStation have shown games running on the ps5.were as Microsoft haven't showing games running on Xbox series x which is strange just Gears 5 and minecraft most of game's were showing off running on pc with similar specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Should of brought the Xbox to gamestop only giving 180 for Xbox one x I see on their website nw. Few days back 243 with level 1. Wasn't near one at all last few days.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Should of brought the Xbox to gamestop only giving 180 for Xbox one x I see on their website nw. Few days back 243 with level 1. Wasn't near one at all last few days.
    cex given €192 for xbox one x.It crap that gamestop only given €180 for the xbox one x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

rob808 wrote: »
    cex given €192 for xbox one x.It crap that gamestop only given €180 for the xbox one x.

Own fault I should of traded it in then. Nothing I can do about it nw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Hi, if you pre order off the Microsoft website do you pay the full price upfront? cheers

Advertisement