Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Stichy wrote: »
    Hi, if you pre order off the Microsoft website do you pay the full price upfront? cheers
    It depends. If paying by card, it won't come out until 2 working weeks before hand at the latest. If by gift cards its straight away. If both then it's all taken out up to 2 weeks beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Should of brought the Xbox to gamestop only giving 180 for Xbox one x I see on their website nw. Few days back 243 with level 1. Wasn't near one at all last few days.

I'd rather keep it and use it in another room than sell it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Trade in deal should be much better hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Trade in deal should be much better hopefully.
    I cant see them doing better, its gamestop we are talking bout they will offer series x for 350 or max 300 by the time its released. They will give people what they feel they can get back and nobody will be buying a one x with the series s being so affordable

I would be rather save the 500 now and buy elsewhere and donate my one X to charity than deal with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Yeah I will see their trade in offer down the line when it comes out. In the parents house they have the 360 and it's on its last legs so I might give them the xbox x down the line and it's there so my kids and their cousins can play it there then. Will see what they offer when it's out as it going from 243 credit to 180 feck that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

We still thinking that supply wont be an issue? Im not so sure. I can see it selling out in UK/IRL. That said, im not sure what the split will be like... series x / series s sales wise. I can see the series s doing quite well, particularly for people who want a second console to access game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Should of brought the Xbox to gamestop only giving 180 for Xbox one x I see on their website nw. Few days back 243 with level 1. Wasn't near one at all last few days.

Just on this, it was 243 with level 3 - not 1, for the level 3, they give you a bonus tenner trade in, plus 10% extra for your trade, plus another bonus if you use your trade to preorder a console.

in gaming terms, you stack your buffs. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Just on this, it was 243 with level 3 - not 1, for the level 3, they give you a bonus tenner trade in, plus 10% extra for your trade, plus another bonus if you use your trade to preorder a console.

Level 1 got you €231 which is what I got.

I have level 3 I will ring them later and see exactly how much will get at moment with that if preorder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is that available for Ireland?

Yes, you can order directly off MS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I know nobody can predict , but What is the general feeling that preordering on sept 22 will guarantee one for 10/11/20?

GameStop are taking preorders but the guy in the shop said , you then need to arrive early on nov 10th as it’s first come , first served

I know nobody can predict , but What is the general feeling that preordering on sept 22 will guarantee one for 10/11/20?

GameStop are taking preorders but the guy in the shop said , you then need to arrive early on nov 10th as it’s first come , first served
    that's a load of crap they should have a system in place if you put 50 euro down your ahead in a q with your number they hold it for you for the day released and next day if you don't collect within that time you lose it and someone else gets it and you get your 50 euro back. Like what's the point in asking for the 50. I paid 100 off the PS5 in November so I presume I would be ahead of people who just rock up earlier in the day then me and same if I put a 50 deposit down on the xbox if someone done this before me then they get it before me and not if I arrive earlier then them on the day.

ZiabR wrote: »
    We still thinking that supply wont be an issue? Im not so sure. I can see it selling out in UK/IRL. That said, im not sure what the split will be like... series x / series s sales wise. I can see the series s doing quite well, particularly for people who want a second console to access game pass.
    that's a load of crap they should have a system in place if you put 50 euro down your ahead in a q with your number they hold it for you for the day released and next day if you don't collect within that time you lose it and someone else gets it and you get your 50 euro back. Like what's the point in asking for the 50. I paid 100 off the PS5 in November so I presume I would be ahead of people who just rock up earlier in the day then me and same if I put a 50 deposit down on the xbox if someone done this before me then they get it before me and not if I arrive earlier then them on the day.

From my understanding, the 50e allows you to pick one up on release day provided still have stock

If you didn’t preorder, you can’t turn up to purchase on release day

Gamestop are a sham asking people to part with 50 quid and not guaranteeing a console before christmas.

From my understanding, the 50e allows you to pick one up on release day provided still have stock

If you didn’t preorder, you can’t turn up to purchase on release day

But with the 50 euro is it first come first served or well u had it down before me so u should be allowed get it b4 me if I only put 50 down say now?

recyclops wrote: »
    Gamestop are a sham asking people to part with 50 quid and not guaranteeing a console before christmas.

Just when I hear someone saying such and such a store has say a preorder list of 300 people with an order for the PS5 say no way that one gamestop is getting 300 + consoles on the day. I could be wrong tho

But with the 50 euro is it first come first served or well u had it down before me so u should be allowed get it b4 me if I only put 50 down say now?

Yes, doesn’t matter what you pay , it just guaranteed you the chance to get a console if you arrive early

He did say that he doesn’t expect the Xbox to sell out on day one

I decided not to preorder from there as I’d rather preorder as have one booked in my name

Yes, doesn’t matter what you pay , it just guaranteed you the chance to get a console if you arrive early

He did say that he doesn’t expect the Xbox to sell out on day one

I decided not to preorder from there as I’d rather preorder as have one booked in my name
    Thanks for that. Just a silly set up now I have to admit with the 50 euro as you might have it fully paid off in store but for whatever reason you can't get there till 10 mins till closing and there like sorry sold all them within the 1st hr.

recyclops wrote: »
    I cant see them doing better, its gamestop we are talking bout they will offer series x for 350 or max 300 by the time its released. They will give people what they feel they can get back and nobody will be buying a one x with the series s being so affordable

I would be rather save the 500 now and buy elsewhere and donate my one X to charity than deal with them

I'm still hanging on to my One X's until there's a decent trade-in offer, otherwise I'll just sell them after I've picked up my Series X/S. Crazy for me to get rid of one of my machines for 2 months for the sake of an extra €50 or whatever.

I'm still banking on the One X being easy enough to sell on for people who might be considering the Series S, and that's because of the disc drive. A lot of people who are price sensitive like to have the option of picking up cheap games on disc.

Thanks for that. Just a silly set up now I have to admit with the 50 euro as you might have it fully paid off in store but for whatever reason you can't get there till 10 mins till closing and there like sorry sold all them within the 1st hr.

For the one x

I put my band down but was too late for the release day list

They rang me the next day after release day to tell me someone never collected theirs so I can have it

Was the Scorpio , so I can’t knock them either tbf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stichy wrote: »
    Hi, if you pre order off the Microsoft website do you pay the full price upfront? cheers

They're taking the full amount the day before it ships. I'd assume that it's the same in Ireland.

https://twitter.com/samuelofc/status/1305859220320014338

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is that available for Ireland?

You can preorder off the Xbox site here on the 22nd Sept.

There's no All Access (the Microsoft run financing deal) in Ireland, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This idea might be mad, but would there be an option to trade in your console to gamestop, use that credit to buy xbox credit, then buy via the microsoft website?

In theory, it should be possible.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This idea might be mad, but would there be an option to trade in your console to gamestop, use that credit to buy xbox credit, then buy via the microsoft website?

In theory, it should be possible.

Yeah you can definitely do that. I mostly paid for my One X with xbox live credit I bought using my Three mobile credit.

CatInABox wrote: »
    They're taking the full amount the day before it ships. I'd assume that it's the same in Ireland.

https://twitter.com/samuelofc/status/1305859220320014338

delighted they put a time on it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    xbox live credit I bought using my Three mobile credit.

Those were the days...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    Those were the days...

Fact. I'd have been hoarding for a series X for the last couple of years if it was still on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you can definitely do that. I mostly paid for my One X with xbox live credit I bought using my Three mobile credit.
    Im hope im getting this right you can cancel your perorder on your xbox series x console in gamestop.Im just wondering I trade in switch and got trade credit so could I cancel xbox series x and just buy xbox credit and get it of Microsoft store. I know you cant with trade in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This tidbit might be already known, but it was the first I heard of it.

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1304795146442010625?s=20

• Advertisement

Not sure if anyone knows but I know the pre order is not till the 22nd of this month but in gamestop if you pre order you have to put 50 deposit down at moment just wondering if you trade in your xbox one at moment and if you have level 3 card would you get the 10% and 25% extra credit on it as technically they are saying now pre orders opening the 22nd of this month even tho gamestop taking the 50 euro deposit a lot longer? Just the 35% would bring it up a nice amount and was going to trade in slim ps4 as well be more or less 445 for them then if I get the 35% pre order credit. More or less paid for then.

Advertisement