Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rob808 wrote: »
    Im hope im getting this right you can cancel your perorder on your xbox series x console in gamestop.Im just wondering I trade in switch and got trade credit so could I cancel xbox series x and just buy xbox credit and get it of Microsoft store. I know you cant with trade in games.

I think you should be able to. I definitely bought xbox/microsoft credit with trade in credit in gamestop before. That was a couple of years ago though so maybe they changed their policy since.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any word on trade-in offers for the One X?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any word on trade-in offers for the One X?

Probably won't be any info on the offers until release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Probably won't be any info on the offers until release.

U think better getting rid of it now in store with them or wait until closer the time? Was going to go in today with it and ps4 slim plus some games would have guts of 450 off paid then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Any further info on cross play with the One? I assume that as long at the game is on both platforms I can kick the kids ass playing in the other room?
    And this might be an existing thing already, if I have a Series X and One with the same Xbox account, can a game be played simultaneously on both with different profiles? I guess it might be something to do with setting up a Family and gamer sharing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Hurrache wrote: »
    Any further info on cross play with the One? I assume that as long at the game is on both platforms I can kick the kids ass playing in the other room?
    And this might be an existing thing already, if I have a Series X and One with the same Xbox account, can a game be played simultaneously on both with different profiles? I guess it might be something to do with setting up a Family and gamer sharing?

Yes to everything there. Set one as the home console and make sure the other one is always online and you can enjoy whooping your kids on the game of your choice.

If your kid will be playing on the One, set that as your home console. They have access to all your stuff then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cheers people.

Talked to chap in gamestop balbriggan said if I traded in my xbox one x and ps4 500gb slim I would get 330 then as level 3 10% on top of that so say 363 against the new Xbox. Said he believes they will be doing an offer on the xbox one x against the new one but not sure what it will be. So I am not sure if I should wait now or not and chance my arm on this or just trade them in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's no All Access (the Microsoft run financing deal) in Ireland, though.

Well that sucks, was actually looking to pick up one of the consoles with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1306662081312231430

8am, which really doesn't suit me. Ah well, still convinced that anyone that wants to get one before launch will get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Talked to chap in gamestop balbriggan said if I traded in my xbox one x and ps4 500gb slim I would get 330 then as level 3 10% on top of that so say 363 against the new Xbox. Said he believes they will be doing an offer on the xbox one x against the new one but not sure what it will be. So I am not sure if I should wait now or not and chance my arm on this or just trade them in now.

After the ****e they pulled with the ps5 launch I wouldn't touch them at all if you want to be guaranteed a console at launch.

recyclops wrote: »
    After the ****e they pulled with the ps5 launch I wouldn't touch them at all if you want to be guaranteed a console at launch.

Yeah I won't bother I will pick it up down the line I think. I have the ps5 sorted so I will wait to get this a few mths later unless gamestop do a great deal against xbox 1 x trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's the right way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1306662081312231430

8am, which really doesn't suit me. Ah well, still convinced that anyone that wants to get one before launch will get one.

We already know that Pre Orders for the most part stopped hours after they started for the PS5 with all retailers stating that they had literally sold out of their allocation.

What makes you think the Series S/X will be any different? This time around Microsoft have technically a more powerful machine going on sale for the same price as the PS5. I completely understand people staying with Sony due to massive back catalogues of games to play and finish but it is clear that production due to Covid 19 is going to hit sales in 2020 for both Sony and Microsoft.

I am going to try and pre order my Series X on Tuesday morning but I wouldn't be surprised if retailers also sell out of their pre order allocations faster than you think.

Some clarity from both Sony and Microsoft would be helpful, how many units they hope to have available for day one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

ZiabR wrote: »
    Some clarity from both Sony and Microsoft would be helpful, how many units they hope to have available for day one?

I always figured MS showed off the series X design and specs early so they could start production earlier in the year and wouldn't have to worry about assembly line pics leaking. Not too sure now given the pandemic and the S is a total wildcard.

If they have somehow managed to build up a healthy supply, it's a great opportunity for them to capitalise on the PS5 shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

There will be a lot of demand for them now that the PS5 is sold out worldwide. A lot more people will be lining up for Xbox this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

There will be a lot of demand for them now that the PS5 is sold out worldwide. A lot more people will be lining up for Xbox this year

I cant see people switching to Xbox just because they are unable to get a day one PS5. The demand will be so high on these consoles that anyone that wants one from Santa I feel is going to have trouble.

Remember back to the Switch, it was sold out everywhere and took a long time to get stock back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I cant see people switching to Xbox just because they are unable to get a day one PS5. The demand will be so high on these consoles that anyone that wants one from Santa I feel is going to have trouble.

Remember back to the Switch, it was sold out everywhere and took a long time to get stock back in.

I think by the time kids/parents realize there is a new xbox/ps5 it will be far too late to ask for one or get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I’m not feeling confident at all

Can imagine everyone waiting for the sites to open then sites crashing and being a disaster for most

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

We already know that Pre Orders for the most part stopped hours after they started for the PS5 with all retailers stating that they had literally sold out of their allocation.

What makes you think the Series S/X will be any different? This time around Microsoft have technically a more powerful machine going on sale for the same price as the PS5. I completely understand people staying with Sony due to massive back catalogues of games to play and finish but it is clear that production due to Covid 19 is going to hit sales in 2020 for both Sony and Microsoft.

I am going to try and pre order my Series X on Tuesday morning but I wouldn't be surprised if retailers also sell out of their pre order allocations faster than you think.

I'm pretty sure that there'll be more pre-orders released before launch day, this was just the initial allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

After failing to get a PS5 pre-order, I started looking into the Series X. Haven't bought a Microsoft console ever in my life. The chances of me actually committing to a pre-order for one is low, but I did turn to the Xbox once it became clear I wouldn't be getting a PS5.

After failing to get a PS5 pre-order, I started looking into the Series X. Haven't bought a Microsoft console ever in my life. The chances of me actually committing to a pre-order for one is low, but I did turn to the Xbox once it became clear I wouldn't be getting a PS5.

I think a lot of people will also look into getting the Series S instead as well, as if they can't easily get a PS5, they may decide to say "Well, I was going to get a Series S in a few years anyway, might as well get one now."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I think a lot of people will also look into getting the Series S instead as well, as if they can't easily get a PS5, they may decide to say "Well, I was going to get a Series S in a few years anyway, might as well get one now."

If there was a PS5 "S", at same price point as Series S, I'd be really tempted to get Series X and that on day 1.

Likewise, if there was the All Access option here, I'd probably go for Series X and PS5 Digital on day 1.

Suppose I should be grateful that economics and supply and demand are protecting me from myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Any benefit to preordering with Microsoft over Smyths or GS? I'll be doing it online, just want to pick one retailer and be ready to go when the preorders go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

fifth wrote: »
    Any benefit to preordering with Microsoft over Smyths or GS? I'll be doing it online, just want to pick one retailer and be ready to go when the preorders go live.

If you have some reward points you can convert them to MS credit. Might knock a few quid off. Other than that it'll be much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Just got this in the Gamestop mailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I’ve €300 in credit in GameStop after trading in my Xbox. I’m thinking of going in and converting it to MS credit. How exactly does it work? Is it just a load of cards they gave you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Just got this in the Gamestop mailer

I've very few actual games to trade. Hmmm.

Edit: But I have a Switch game or two to bring to the table. Might get there yet.

Advertisement