Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I’ve €300 in credit in GameStop after trading in my Xbox. I’m thinking of going in and converting it to MS credit. How exactly does it work? Is it just a load of cards they gave you?

They just print off the codes from the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They just print off the codes from the till.

Would you be much more likely to get it from MS than GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just got this in the Gamestop mailer

As I have a Series X already on pre order (queue spot) I might do that for the S and just trade one of my One X and the 3 games for a free Series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Would you be much more likely to get it from MS than GameStop?

GameStop have been taking orders for a year with a thinly veiled "register your interest" €50 deposit. They converted that list directly to preorders for the PS5 and were already sold out of the disc version before going live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Just got this in the Gamestop mailer

That’s really tempting. I have enough stashed away to buy the series X. Had planned on keeping my one X for the small one, but if I can scrape 2 games together I’d snap at a straight swap for a series S.

• Advertisement

GameStop have been taking orders for a year with a thinly veiled "register your interest" €50 deposit. They converted that list directly to preorders for the PS5 and were already sold out of the disc version before going live.

Wow. When I traded in I asked about a pre order. She said they’re not doing pre orders for Xbox but they were for the ps5. I’ll give them a ring over the weekend. I said I was trading it in for the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wow. When I traded in I asked about a pre order. She said they’re not doing pre orders for Xbox but they were for the ps5. I’ll give them a ring over the weekend. I said I was trading it in for the new one.

I was told the same as sniper_samurai during the week, when I asked about putting in a pre-order next week. "Oh, we've been doing pre-orders on a new Xbox for over a year now"!

Having checked the trade in list, it looks like none of the Xbox games I own are of any interest to Gamestop. Whereas my Switch library has three games, although I was going using one of those for Mario 3D All Stars.

Either way, I reckon my Xbox One X will not be retiring to the study after all. Farewell, faithful friend.

I put my name on the "interest" list earlier when trading in a One S.

Would trade my One X for a Series S too if I didn't want to keep it as a bluray player.

I told her I was trading in against the new one. Does that count as a pre order?

I told her I was trading in against the new one. Does that count as a pre order?

Yes. The receipt shows that you put a deposit on the console as a pre-order.

• Advertisement

Yes. The receipt shows that you put a deposit on the console as a pre-order.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Any idea on the games needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

So even though Pre orders have not started yet they are actually taking Pre orders and money for it even though they do not know their allocation?

I thought it was just registering your interest to be notified when the preorders went live.

Why not just say Pre order now if that’s what they are doing anyway

brav wrote: »
    So even though Pre orders have not started yet they are actually taking Pre orders and money for it even though they do not know their allocation?

I thought it was just registering your interest to be notified when the preorders went live.

Why not just say Pre order now if that’s what they are doing anyway

This is what they tweeted upon opening PS5 orders.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1306334550830854145?s=19

The disc version was already sold out from the "interest" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

This is what they tweeted upon opening PS5 orders.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1306334550830854145?s=19

The disc version was already sold out from the "interest" list.

I don’t plan on preordering it but I would have been pissed if I waited to preorder at 8am on the day the preorders start to find out it was sold out before it even started

brav wrote: »
    I don’t plan on preordering it but I would have been pissed if I waited to preorder at 8am on the day the preorders start to find out it was sold out before it even started

And that was pretty much the reaction to what happened with the PS5.

Was going to order in GS and trade in my PS4 Pro, got an order in Smyths.

I'll trade it in against the Series X, can live without a PlayStation for a week. Would be most likely using the Series X anyway.

recyclops wrote: »
    Any idea on the games needed?

I'm assuming they will run with the list here.

As I said above, the Xbox list is short (and recent) enough. I'll ask tomorrow about accepting games from multiple consoles.

druss wrote: »
    I'm assuming they will run with the list here.

As I said above, the Xbox list is short (and recent) enough. I'll ask tomorrow about accepting games from multiple consoles.

They usually do. If it's on the list it should be accepted for the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

As much as I don't wanna go with them ita a great deal. I just ain't giving up my xbox until day I'm getting my X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just booted up the same game on a Xbox One X with SSD and game took 14 seconds. Very close to Series S.

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    As much as I don't wanna go with them ita a great deal. I just ain't giving up my xbox until day I'm getting my X

That offer should be valid until release, the only thing that will change is the trade list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I just booted up the same game on a Xbox One X with SSD and game took 14 seconds. Very close to Series S.

Yup. Not surprising, when the version of Outer Worlds is the same, i.e. it hasn't had any update to bring in any "velocity architecture" stuff.

Where can I find the list of games they are taking for trade in? What do you have to do to prepare the xbox?

Where can I find the list of games they are taking for trade in? What do you have to do to prepare the xbox?

List is linked above, and you usually just need the xbox, power cable and controller. One time they tested it worked right of front of me, but usually you leave it there with them and come back later

Basil3 wrote: »
    List is linked above, and you usually just need the xbox, power cable and controller. One time they tested it worked right of front of me, but usually you leave it there with them and come back later

You also need the HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Got the trade in list in store and some odd games on it shocked there taken them

Even the borderlands remastered game for the switch, however two of the games where download codes for the eshop so there only getting one game and I get to keep both very odd

She told me try and get the consoles in soon as there is a lot pre ordered and they don’t know how they are going to test everything as my local GameStop only has one person working in it on a Saturday !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Will we be able to get the All Access deal in Ireland?

526806.JPG

Will we be able to get the All Access deal in Ireland?

526806.JPG

No

Got the trade in list in store and some odd games on it shocked there taken them

Even the borderlands remastered game for the switch, however two of the games where download codes for the eshop so there only getting one game and I get to keep both very odd

She told me try and get the consoles in soon as there is a lot pre ordered and they don’t know how they are going to test everything as my local GameStop only has one person working in it on a Saturday !!!!

What does this mean? I don't get it.

To me, as good as the trade-in deal is at Gamestop, it's only probably saving me €50-70 over just selling my One X myself, and I get to keep my One X until whenever I decide to get rid of it.

• Advertisement

I want the deal, but I obviously want to hang onto my current Xbox for as long as possible. I gave away two older Xbox Ones (an S and an original). Wish I hadn't been so generous now!

Is it possible to lay down the deposit and hand in three tradable games now, to be set aside until I hand over the console in November? Would be concerned that my less attractive games could be withdrawn from the list at a later point!

Advertisement