Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Got the trade in list in store and some odd games on it shocked there taken them

Even the borderlands remastered game for the switch, however two of the games where download codes for the eshop so there only getting one game and I get to keep both very odd

She told me try and get the consoles in soon as there is a lot pre ordered and they don’t know how they are going to test everything as my local GameStop only has one person working in it on a Saturday !!!!

Is the list you got in store the same as the one online? I have 2 games ATM on the list but knowing GameStop by the time I trade it in the list could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Mr.S wrote: »
    Still can't decide where to pre-order online.

MS sounds like the safest option - and would assume they would dispatch 1-2 days before release so it arrives around launch?
    I wonder how many they get the way thing are going safest option is to pick one up next summer lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Got the trade in list in store and some odd games on it shocked there taken them

Even the borderlands remastered game for the switch, however two of the games where download codes for the eshop so there only getting one game and I get to keep both very odd

She told me try and get the consoles in soon as there is a lot pre ordered and they don’t know how they are going to test everything as my local GameStop only has one person working in it on a Saturday !!!!
    But it says that offer only starts from the 22nd. Can u do the offer now?

Don't have any of the games. Is it worth the effort figuring out the 3 cheapest and buying them just to trade then back in? Whats the one x worth with no games?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Does anyone know how much you have to put down to pre-order? Its not the full amount, is it?

Im considering Smyths or GameStop.

Remember GameStop had this amazing deal to trade in original Xbox Ones and buying FIFA and they gave you a brand new One S. Was almost too good to be true.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how much you have to put down to pre-order? Its not the full amount, is it?

Im considering Smyths or GameStop.

Remember GameStop had this amazing deal to trade in original Xbox Ones and buying FIFA and they gave you a brand new One S. Was almost too good to be true.

Yeah I handed them Fifa right back. Ended up paying €8 to upgrade to the One S.

This time around doesnt look as good unless you own any of those games on disc. Don't think its worth buying them just to trade in, might as well just get cash or credit and make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah I handed them Fifa right back. Ended up paying €8 to upgrade to the One S.

This time around doesnt look as good unless you own any of those games on disc. Don't think its worth buying them just to trade in, might as well just get cash or credit and make up the difference.

Did that too. Traded FIFA back in and got €2.50 credit back after buying Mario Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Don't have any of the games. Is it worth the effort figuring out the 3 cheapest and buying them just to trade then back in? Whats the one x worth with no games?

Currently 220 cash in cex il be doin that closer to the time of launch if I get 200 il be happy, I have only 1 of those games so not too much in the diff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Why are you lot so desperate for the 5? What's on it that the 4 doesn't have?

I know it's mad why people are scrambling to pre order a ps5 why I am waiting til after Christmas.

• Advertisement

Gamestop are taking preorders for the xbox series s/x already.Traded in my one x and some games and controllers, gpt 290 off the series X and its already down as a preorder, no need to do anything on 22nd.

Gamestop are taking preorders for the xbox series s/x already.Traded in my one x and some games and controllers, gpt 290 off the series X and its already down as a preorder, no need to do anything on 22nd.

But will you actually get one on release? They've been taking 'preorders' for so long, did they give you any idea of how far down the list you are?

Basil3 wrote: »
    But will you actually get one on release? They've been taking 'preorders' for so long, did they give you any idea of how far down the list you are?

No they haven't been given any allocation numbers. I dont think there's the same demand as the PS and less again for the X versus S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

You've handed in your One X already? I wouldn't mind being able to hand in the games but would like to stall on the console itself.

druss wrote: »
    You've handed in your One X already? I wouldn't mind being able to hand in the games but would like to stall on the console itself.
    I've a PC to keep me going. Maybe I would get the same price anyway on the day but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

any word on bundles at all with the Series X?

I am trying to figure out the best place to pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Think my pre-order plan is store collection from Symths if I can get it and failing that, MS Store.

GameStop sounds like a bit of a mess going by the PS5 examples and the long list of in-store preorders they're already taking.

I get that logic, but I joined the list of preorders in my local Gamestop yesterday. :pac:

In reality, I may as well trade in my One X. If I bring 3 games to the table, that makes Gamestop a decent deal, even if I decide to buy two of them, rather than hand over two of my better Switch titles. I've handed over €50 deposit already. So that's just another €149.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

I've 200 paid off my series x preorder so far. I've traded assorted games etc I have and I'm trading in my og PS4 tomorrow. Moving from Sony to Microsoft this gen.

Smyths or ms for me will give cex my xbox one x when I get my series x may cost me but can't trust gamestop.

Check your controllers when trading into GameStop. They rejected my pad due to having a small amount of dried battery acid from a dodgy battery on it. The controller still had 100% of it's function.

Bit mad rejecting it over something that would take 5 minutes with some isopropyl and a q-tip to clear up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was in Game Stop in Bray yesterday asking about trade in and pre order and it was really strange.

It was if nobody asked before and girl who was helpful spend ages looking it up on their system.

She couldn't give me a trade in price for One X and was really urging me to pay €50 pre order deposit in order to guarantee a console at launch.

I wasn't happy with that and just said I'd wait and see what's on Gamestop website on Tuesday.

My biggest issue with gamestop was recently when selling the one x off I went through thr system they took payment and sent me a dispatch notice. Two days later got an email to say it was out if stock and I would be refunded.

Thankfully it was for me and not a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just spoke with MS, was tempted to pre-order with them but... "Basically the deliveries for the pre-orders of the new Xbox Series X/S will still follow the standard shipping time frame after the release date. That means, if the release date is on November 10, then the standard shipping will be 3-7 business days after release date."

So they will ship on launch not before. Can't have that.

Smyths toys it is, click and collect, hopefully a midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Interesting, who did you ask?

In the past, pre-orders from the MS web-store have shipped pre-release day.

But yeah Symths collect probably the best.

The webchat on the MS store site.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I was in Game Stop in Bray yesterday asking about trade in and pre order and it was really strange.

It was if nobody asked before and girl who was helpful spend ages looking it up on their system.

She couldn't give me a trade in price for One X and was really urging me to pay €50 pre order deposit in order to guarantee a console at launch.

I wasn't happy with that and just said I'd wait and see what's on Gamestop website on Tuesday.

I don't think we'll see the crush for pre orders for the Xbox like the PS 5 but I'd say if you're going by GameStop id put down the 50 quid if you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I don't think we'll see the crush for pre orders for the Xbox like the PS 5 but I'd say if you're going by GameStop id put down the 50 quid if you could.
    yea the ps5 like the wii sells out fast and you have to scrabble like mad to one.I say Microsoft will handle demand better than sony given the different launch day of nov 12 and nov 19 for the ps5.

rob808 wrote: »
    yea the ps5 like the wii sells out fast and you have to scrabble like mad to one.I say Microsoft will handle demand better than sony given the different launch day of nov 12 and nov 19 for the ps5.

Yeah Sony really fcuked up the pre order announcement. Microsoft gave people weeks advance while Sony flopped it out there and caused pandemonium. I'm glad I'm moving to Microsoft for the backwards compatibly alone. Sony lost me with the top 100 PS4 games foot dragging

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

But I wanted to know what I'd get for trade in my Xbox one X and she couldn't tell me.

Do you mean now or on November 10th?

If you mean November there is no way she would know, gamestop could pull offers on Tuesday, they could get inundated with one x and that'll drive down the price.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    But I wanted to know what I'd get for trade in my Xbox one X and she couldn't tell me.

It's on the website. You currently get €180 for a One X, which goes upto €209 depending on your card level.

You can boost this to €300 trade if you also bring in 3 games from the trade list.

Advertisement