Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's on the website. You currently get €180 for a One X, which goes upto €209 depending on your card level.

You can boost this to €300 trade if you also bring in 3 games from the trade list.

Thanks but do you have a link to that? I can't find it on their website which I find terrble.

I found this but XBOX is not on it.
    Also, I my library is all digital so no games to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thanks but do you have a link to that? I can't find it on their website which I find terrble.

I found this but XBOX is not on it.
    Also, I my library is all digital so no games to trade.

Scroll down a bit on this page for the trade in plus games offer..

And on this one you can see the €180 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

druss wrote: »
    Scroll down a bit on this page for the trade in plus games offer..

And on this one you can see the €180 price.

Great thanks. Why is it so hard to find.:)

Anyhow, so they're offering €220 off with one game to trade and no price for console only.
    Edit: Ok, see the €180 trade price now in your second link. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

murpho999 wrote: »
    Great thanks. WHy is it so hard to find.:)

Anyhow, so they'tre offering €220 off with one game to trade and no price for console only.

Yeah, looks to me that Cex have cut their offers for trade in values for Xbox consoles too, unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Went in on Thursday to gamestop to quiz on trade in for my old xbox one around 200 he said I would get. Talked to another person today for some more info on it and 90 said I would only get for it. Unless trade in price has came down last few days looking like I won't be getting one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Went in on Thursday to gamestop to quiz on trade in for my old xbox one around 200 he said I would get. Talked to another person today for some more info on it and 90 said I would only get for it. Unless trade in price has came down last few days looking like I won't be getting one

You have the original Xbox One, the One S or the One X?

If it is the original Xbox One then 90 is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

ZiabR wrote: »

€180 xbox x online so the €200 the right figure given your level 2 or 3.unless it the og xbox yea your right it €90 to €100

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's €90 for a One, €120 for a 500gb One S and €180 for a One X in GameStop atm plus upto an extra 15% depending on your level.

its the original xbox one told that to the guy the first day and he said around 200 depending on condition thought happy days. Dream didnt last long from what other guy told me today. I have a 1tb newish one also so I quizzed him and the trade in on that 120 euro so if that one is 180 trade in online not sure whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Lads what’s the chances of getting a console from santy this year? Will he pick one up somewhere in time for Christmas?

• Advertisement

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Lads what’s the chances of getting a console from santy this year? Will he pick one up somewhere in time for Christmas?

Preorder one tomorrow to be safe.

You'll get one easy enough if you are prepared.

That means knowing when pre-orders open up, knowing all the places you can get them from, having the websites bookmarked, having your account created (with shipping address etc). And keeping an eye on threads like this one which inform of availability.

If you are pro-active you will definitely get one. It's not that hard.

Mr.S wrote: »
    No chance an OG Xbox was worth €200 these days, 90-100 is more accurate.

Probably but the 120 offer for the 1tb seemed a bit off

Thanks I see there is pre order available from 22nd so if I get a pre order in when are they actually on sale?

Thanks I see there is pre order available from 22nd so if I get a pre order in when are they actually on sale?
    They go on sale 10th Nov.

Don't forget that Microsoft sell directly to the public. That's one place to order that you might not have considered. And then there's the usual - Smyths, Gamestop, Amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

November 10th.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What time are the pre-orders live tomorrow again?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What time are the pre-orders live tomorrow again?

8am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I would say you would have a much easier time getting an Xbox over a PS5. You should be ok.

I would say you would have a much easier time getting an Xbox over a PS5. You should be ok.

And even if they sell out, you'll get them for a grand on Adverts, no problem :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

whats the chances of smyths allowing pre orders at midnight? gonna stay up and check anyways just in case. Looking for a series x but also a series s for my daughter for Christmas. I would imagine i will need to make 2 separate pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

whats the chances of smyths allowing pre orders at midnight? gonna stay up and check anyways just in case. Looking for a series x but also a series s for my daughter for Christmas. I would imagine i will need to make 2 separate pre orders

MS said anyone who goes before the 8am mark will have their allocation reduced, wouldn't count on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

It looked like smyths didnt do click and collect for the digital version of the ps5, would people expect the same for the xbox series s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

syboit wrote: »
    It looked like smyths didnt do click and collect for the digital version of the ps5, would people expect the same for the xbox series s ?

I doubt it, PlayStation apparently on released 2 digital editions for every 10 disc editions, so thinking they have done this on purpose to give the illusion of a cheaper PlayStation to compete with MS knowing that most people will just have to end up buying the more expensive disc version because of the unavailability of the digital version

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

I'd imagine a lot would struggle to have many of those games to get the best deal, especially with people using Game Pass and digital download.

Just do a straight forward console trade-in and use the cash against the Series X.

This is the death knell for Gamestop though, the buying of physical games and trading of them is about to get its final blow. Going the way of Movie Rentals....

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Well, I sold my One S (500gb, perfect condition with box). Game Stop were offering me €90 but I sold it for twice that. I threw in a bunch of old games as a sweetner but nothing rare or hard to replace. I collect all my games, so I'm going to rebuy the ones when they are in the bargain bucket. One of the games was Fallout 4. Probably my favourite game out of the bunch.

I'm delighted, I'm about half way there to saving for my Series X. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Smyths is the one I reckon I'll go with. But I'm amazed (shouldn't be!) at the lack of info surrounding this.

Any have anything idea of the process? If we do it online should we expect to pay the full amount or a deposit? Do we get options of bundles etc? Is there a specific link we need to go to?

Cheers folks, it’s for a 7 year old who’s currently using an Xbox one elite and mainly plays all the Lego games and minecraft and fortnite. Is there any reason he should go for the X or would the S do him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cheers folks, it’s for a 7 year old who’s currently using an Xbox one elite and mainly plays all the Lego games and minecraft and fortnite. Is there any reason he should go for the X or would the S do him?

Oh, the S for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Smyths is the one I reckon I'll go with. But I'm amazed (shouldn't be!) at the lack of info surrounding this.

Any have anything idea of the process? If we do it online should we expect to pay the full amount or a deposit? Do we get options of bundles etc? Is there a specific link we need to go to?

All down to individual retailers. Smyths, the card you use will be charged the full whack, not then and there though, I think the day of release.

Bundles though I'm not too sure, I have never pre-ordered online, always in store but I don't want to risk not getting it on launch so I have to do it online.

Advertisement