Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Birneybau wrote: »
    Oh, the S for sure.

Cheers will the new S be much of an improvement on the elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Cheers will the new S be much of an improvement on the elite?

A big one. The only issue with the S is if the games you have are on disc you will need to repurchase them digitally as there is no disc drive on the Series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

A big one. The only issue with the S is if the games you have are on disc you will need to repurchase them digitally as there is no disc drive on the Series S.

Anyone have any idea what WiFi chipset is inside the series s, the wifi on the one s isnt great

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

That's a serious, serious acquisition. Pity they hadn't that in the bag in time for the price reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd pre-ordered the PS5 after being with Xbox since the 360. The pictures of the absolute brick that the PS5 console is were making me think twice. That's made my mind up for me now, will be sticking with Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

druss wrote: »
    That's a serious, serious acquisition. Pity they hadn't that in the bag in time for the price reveal.

Official pre-orders for Xbox aren'tlive until tomorrow I think so now's a good time to announce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

rizzla wrote: »
    All down to individual retailers. Smyths, the card you use will be charged the full whack, not then and there though, I think the day of release.

Bundles though I'm not too sure, I have never pre-ordered online, always in store but I don't want to risk not getting it on launch so I have to do it online.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm in the same boat - never pre-ordered online. Always been an XtraVision pre-order and collect for me.

Just sounds like a lot will be a mystery come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Official pre-orders for Xbox aren'tlive until tomorrow I think so now's a good time to announce.

But PS5 official pre-orders have been open. So I think announcing before that would have been better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yowza. Did not see that coming. Also, apologies for saying "yowza".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Is gamestop opening earlier tomorrow? Also do you reckon if you do the offer for trading in the xbox one x and 3 games tomorrow plus 200 euro you would get the console on launch day. I just not sure if silly getting ps5 plus xbox within space of a wk of 1 another. If halo was out I defo would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

From what ive been told from my two local gamestop neither can guarantee a console at launch, i was in the same boat about getting a ps5 and xbox at launch but its too close together really and neither have spectacular launch titles so il get the series X and cyberpunk will tide me over until the medium is out and will review the ps5 after christmas

recyclops wrote: »
    From what ive been told from my two local gamestop neither can guarantee a console at launch, i was in the same boat about getting a ps5 and xbox at launch but its too close together really and neither have spectacular launch titles so il get the series X and cyberpunk will tide me over until the medium is out and will review the ps5 after christmas
    I am other way round I have the ps5 ordered in gamestop and smyths so I will have one on launch day. Just the xbox one x wasn't used a huge amount this time round even tho I prefer xbox I played ps4 more this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What time will Smyths have the pre orders up for Series X? Anyone hazard a guess

And without the monthly payment options here. How much more are we going to end up paying for an Xbox and Game Pass Ultimate?

What time will Smyths have the pre orders up for Series X? Anyone hazard a guess

And without the monthly payment options here. How much more are we going to end up paying for an Xbox and Game Pass Ultimate?

I'm guessing it will be 8am?

Regarding Game Pass Ultimate, I got 2 year's worth for one of my kids for €50 or so, so I wouldn't imagine we really pay that much more (if anything) as long as we take advantage of deals on GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it will be 8am?

Regarding Game Pass Ultimate, I got 2 year's worth for one of my kids for €50 or so, so I wouldn't imagine we really pay that much more (if anything) as long as we take advantage of deals on GPU.

Cheers,

I imagine they will have some deals around launch time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Every retailer should be tuesday at 8am
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/21/what-time-can-you-pre-order-xbox-series-x/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The Zenimax/bethesda announcement is crazy. Mean MS can compete with with Sony this time round.

Also, all those big games on game pass day one and exclusive to Xbox and PC, will be hard to beat.

I am sure games that are already near completion will release on PlayStation, but stuff that is further out won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

That's a huge coup for Microsoft. Bethesda might be the reigning whipping boy studio, but everyone will run out and buy their games anyway, so having them under the Microsoft/Xbox banner suddenly gives their catalogue a huge boost in terms of titles and identity. I have gamepass on PC - which they're about to push like **** even further - so best case scenario I won't be paying for new Bethesda games this generation. Might spell trouble if you're PlayStation only and those IPs mean something to you, though.

I have a gaming laptop that's decent for 2020 - I reckon Cyberpunk would be something that'll push it to the limit - and I'm now seriously considering pre-ordering one of these bad boys tomorrow to future proof my gaming for the next few years. A hobby that's been one of the few bankable things this year.

Plus black boxes rule. I'm one of those lunatics who thinks the original Xbone was what a console should look like.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has exclusivity been confirmed? From what I see they avoided saying that.

Why wouldn't they make the game exclusive eventually? Its going to happen, not right away, as it would be throwing money away, if they already have PS4/5 stuff already mostly done, but stuff that is far off, will almost definitely be exclusive.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    No I agree, just wanted to see if it had been confirmed with the announcement

Ah no announcement yet, as I think the games coming out this year and next year will be multi-platform probably.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »

I reckon it will either be games that are already far along will be on PS5, and maybe the occasional switch title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wes wrote: »
    I reckon it will either be games that are already far along will be on PS5, and maybe the occasional switch title.

Yup, once the games that Zenimax has already signed contracts with Sony are released, then everything after will all be Xbox and PC exclusive.

I'd assume that they'd keep their MMO going on PlayStation as well, at least as long as they're making expansions for it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Got an email from Smyths about 8 am pre-orders. Have my alarm set for 7:30 am!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I’ll be getting my series x from the same place I pre-ordered the PS5, Amazon. Gonna be nuts having both inside 10 days.

In gamestop there. I traded in my ps4 slim in cex I didn't realise was 1tb so got 201 for it. Attached is updated list and game console offer they gave me

Console offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Console offer

Is that from Gamestop Australia?:)

Advertisement