Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So lots of choices for pre-order.

I'll think I'll just go with Smyths or Microsoft and forget about Games Stop and trade in.

I think I could get more privately on Adverts as it will still be cheaper than what Gamestop will sell a second hand conslole for.

What are most people doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

murpho999 wrote: »

I'll think I'll just go with Smyths or Microsoft and forget about Games Stop and trade in.

I think I could get more privately on Adverts as it will still be cheaper than what Gamestop will sell a second hand conslole for.

I am doin this. Have enough saved so no need to sell one x on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Is that from Gamestop Australia?:)

Haha gamestop balbriggan so probably there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Going to go with Smyths. I would ideally go Microsoft but, childishly, I want it on launch day. The wait for postage would be torture :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Would a Microsoft Store Pre Order arrive by launch date?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

A big one. The only issue with the S is if the games you have are on disc you will need to repurchase them digitally as there is no disc drive on the Series S.

Is that the only difference between the S and the X? Apologies if already discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

At the ready for 8am tomorrow. Reckon I'll be getting it in Smyths anyway. Reckon they probably won't have a midnight launch with covid restrictions will they?

Synode wrote: »
    Is that the only difference between the S and the X? Apologies if already discussed

Nah. The S is spec'd for 1440p gaming, while the X is aimed at 4K. It depends on what you're looking for really. The S is fantastic value is 4K isn't a big priority for you.

The X also has 1TB of storage, while the S has half that - 512GB

Said in gamestop their pre orders don't have as much as a q so I say should be OK in there impression I got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Would a Microsoft Store Pre Order arrive by launch date?

I asked on the ms store webchat and they firmly said no. Will only ship on launch, then have to wait 3-7 business days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mr.S wrote: »

I see some reviews are up already :D

527030.png

His name checks out :D

I think that's a bit weird that even Gamestop / Amazon will ship but MS won't?!

Amazon will ship before launch day?

I think that's a bit weird that even Gamestop / Amazon will ship but MS won't?!

I wouldn't take what some random chat rep told that guy at face value, if I'm being honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I wouldn't take what some random chat rep told that guy at face value, if I'm being honest :)
    it is 3 days to 7 day it on there website for delivery on ms store.I dont think you have it release day.

rob808 wrote: »
    it is 3 days to 7 day it on there website for delivery on ms store.I dont think you have it release day.

Does it really, cos I have looked and I can't find a real answer?
    Yes, it does state regular shipping is 3-4 business days and priority shipping is 2-3 days, but that is not for pre-order items.

I can only really find anecdotal evidence on reddit, with some people saying they get stuff on launch day, and others saying they don't :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Does it really, cos I have looked and I can't find a real answer?
    Yes, it does state regular shipping is 3-4 business days and priority shipping is 2-3 days, but that is not for pre-order items.

I can only really find anecdotal evidence on reddit, with some people saying they get stuff on launch day, and others saying they don't :)
    yea this is a big launch you can imagine the couriers be mad busy.

For pre-orders they generally do.

Hmmm. I've Prime so...maybe it'd arrive for launch? Ah, probably still a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I presume I can do a click and collect preorder from Smyth's? Hearing Microsoft bought Bethesda has convinced me to go for it! That's huge news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

FWIW, MS delivered my original Xbox One on delivery day back on launch, but while they made no claims about delivery on day one, if they are now saying 3-7 days they either have a good reason or are just covering themselves.
    Collection from Smyths seems the most likely if launch day is important to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

I presume I can do a click and collect preorder from Smyth's? Hearing Microsoft bought Bethesda has convinced me to go for it! That's huge news.

I own a gaming PC and have a PS5 preordered, but I am still tempted by the Xbox Series X or at least an S.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Anyone know what the best option is if I need it delivered rather pick up in store? I don't need to have it launch day but that wouldnt hurt. I was thinking Amazon or Microsoft but I can't seem to find their product pages for the preorders yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Anyone know what the best option is if I need it delivered rather pick up in store? I don't need to have it launch day but that wouldnt hurt. I was thinking Amazon or Microsoft but I can't seem to find their product pages for the preorders yet.

I'd definitely say Smyths if you want it delivered. It'll be sent domestically likely the day before by courier so extremely likely to arrive on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

After the recent showcase and seeing how good Gamepass has been getting, plus today's Bethesda acquisition, I've decided that I absolutely have to get a Series X in addition to the PS5. I'll be hopefully getting mine tomorrow morning at Smyths. I've also stacked 3 years of Gamepass using the deal for 90 euro and can share it with my partner on their PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Does anyone know, if I preorder online with smyths will I be able to collect on launch day? Or will I have to wait for delivery?

kiddums wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if I preorder online with smyths will I be able to collect on launch day? Or will I have to wait for delivery?
    yea click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

rob808 wrote: »
    yea click and collect.

Cool, thanks.

So bit the bullet and just putting the xbox one x back to factory settings. I will trade it into gamestop tomorrow with the 3 games, just not sure what time will make it to the store, probably lunch time. Sold my ps4 slim as well today in cex so got 201 for that. So more or less paid for now. Will see tomorrow what happens as not 100% sure if I will get it on launch day even with trading this in but what can you do. I will try and give this more game time as my xbox one x didn't get as much game time this time round as more ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Good luck this morning lads!
    I’m excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks like this is the link to refresh?

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/xbox-series-x#purchase

Advertisement