Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is it a deposit for the pre order or do you have to pay up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Finally got it to work on the MS store. Phew! Was panicking there for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Finally got one to go through on the Microsoft Store! Do you reckon they'll actually deliver on November 10th as it says on the pre-order with them?

Was thinking of trying for Smyths when they eventually come back up but might leave it if people think MS will deliver on release day themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Managed to get all the way to the Paypal page on Harvey Norman. Paypal timed out on me, but a few seconds later I got an email from Paypal to say the amount had been taken.

But no confirmation from HN

Harvey Norman hung on the processing page for 5 minutes, then a 500 error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Finally got it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

Got mine on the MS Store. Kept getting the error message that I had added the max to my cart but eventually worked. Keep trying it and you should hopefully come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

deano546 wrote: »

This is still working. Worked for me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Had to get mine on the MS Store too. Will keep checking Smyths though and cancel the MS one if I get a Smyths one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Managed to get all the way to the Paypal page on Harvey Norman. Paypal timed out on me, but a few seconds later I got an email from Paypal to say the amount had been taken.

But no confirmation from HN

That money will be returned, your order is incomplete.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they charge immediately? Smyths were saying to me last week they would charge immediately which would guarantee a console on day one. MS store says it will be charged once the order is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Went with MS in the end too. Cheers to everyone who posted links, gave updates etc. Hope you all get sorted.

Smyths was the sh*t show I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Went with MS in the end too. Cheers to everyone who posted links, gave updates etc. Hope you all get sorted.

Smyths was the sh*t show I expected.

You literally can't look at anything on Smyths at the moment.

Moiph wrote: »
    Anyone know if they charge immediately? Smyths were saying to me last week they would charge immediately which would guarantee a console on day one. MS store says it will be charged once the order is processed.

Didn't have to pay a cent for the PS5. Smyths will take the money just before dispatch/release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone know how preorders work with trade ins in Gamestop please ?
    Hoping the young lad will trade in his One X

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Ordered through the MS store. Get kepting an error message until I cleared my cookies for their site, and then the order went through with no issues. Expected delivery date is 10/11/2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭dor83

Don't know about any of the others but the email I got from MS says they will chare when it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Got both of them via the Microsoft store but it was very slow (and quite tense) - thankfully the orders went through in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

so looks like i got one on ms and on harvey norman though i got a 500 error when processing payment with harvey norman but they took the case will get onto them soon

that was a cluster****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

rizzla wrote: »
    You literally can't look at anything on Smyths at the moment.

The image of that red Minion will be forever burned onto my retina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

MS for me too. Fingers crossed for the 10th. Although the fact that they won't take your money until it ships seems a bit dodgy. They're MS, so won't they just have a theoretical infinite amount of stock they'll keep letting people book, if that's the case?

Mr.S wrote: »
    MS Store will charge the day before it ships.

Do you reckon we'll be guaranteed one day one from the MS store?

long_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know how preorders work with trade ins in Gamestop please ?
    Hoping the young lad will trade in his One X

Needs to be in store. Once console and games are traded in the store credit can be either applied to your account or payed towards the balance of the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

peejay1986 wrote: »
    The image of that red Minion will be forever burned onto my retina.

Makes it worse, I hate those cunce with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got there with GameStop, looks like they took a while to turn the order system on. I have a One X to trade so was kinda forced to go with them, but €50 isn't too much of a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any live yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Do you reckon we'll be guaranteed one day one from the MS store?

If you got an order in yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rizzla wrote: »
    Had to get mine on the MS Store too. Will keep checking Smyths though and cancel the MS one if I get a Smyths one.

I got mine on MS too and shoing delivery on 10 Novermber, so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Even limiting to one per customer, Smyths took a bit of a beating. Shame, would prefer to pick up in person but MS were on the money with regard to delivery with the One launch, so would expect the same now.

• Advertisement

Finally got one for collection from Harvey Norman after multiple 500 errors at payment processing.

What a **** show.

Advertisement