Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Got a 505 error when trying to pay with Harvey Norman but was able to get one with microsoft but then I looked at my bank and harvey norman took my money but no conformation of order :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MS for me too. Fingers crossed for the 10th. Although the fact that they won't take your money until it ships seems a bit dodgy. They're MS, so won't they just have a theoretical infinite amount of stock they'll keep letting people book, if that's the case?

What's dodgy about not taking money till shipment?

Take money when nothing has happened is dodgier imho?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Now that that's done, I can't wait for the obvious hilarity of using it on day one to play a 360 game whilst waiting for Halo: Infinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Got there with GameStop, looks like they took a while to turn the order system on. I have a One X to trade so was kinda forced to go with them, but €50 isn't too much of a deposit.

Did the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I ordered on MS Store in such a panic that I didn't check to see if this gets me any MS points or anything. I was logged in. Anyone know?

Someone mentioned an offer last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has Smyth's even go on the sale? You can't even purchase anything else, seems like the whole site has gone dead.

Only ever got as far as the add to cart for collection.......then nothing ever since.
    Happy to deal with MS instead.

Skynet and its bots must have targeted Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

murpho999 wrote: »

My expectation with most stores would be a deposit at least, although I know even that doesn't secure you a launch date delivery. I guess I was just surprised. Not complaining! I just think theoretically without actually paying anything it enshrines the fact that you're all realistically on one giant waiting list.

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Got a 505 error when trying to pay with Harvey Norman but was able to get one with microsoft but then I looked at my bank and harvey norman took my money but no conformation of order :mad::confused:

Oh damn....€1500 out of my account from Harvey Norman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

murpho999 wrote: »

+ 1, this is common practice with big companies. I ordered an Oculus Quest 2 the other day for delivery in Oct and haven't been charged yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mad that Smyths still isn't working. Suppose they know they'll get snapped up no matter what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are MS taking the full amount now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

did the Gamestop pre order, 50 bucks but no email yet, going to trade in my 1tb One s and a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Haven't got a confirmation email off MS at all yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Basil3 wrote: »

ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

rafi bomb wrote: »

Same for me. When I didn’t receive any mail from them, I went onto the GameStop site and ordered there. Used Credit Card, so transactions won’t show up straight away. Based on your experience, HN have probably taken payment from me but not actually placed the order.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

So Smyths haven't even kicked off yet?
    Amazon showing as unavailable since 8 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Looks like will have to wait to buy an extra controller once things calm down. Want to get the play and charge kits as well.

Will XBox One controllers work on this or are they releasing new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

When I went to CHOOSE A RETAILER on MS Store it said €449.99 on GameStop. What's that all about?

(I ordered via MS anyway at 499, just to be sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Wanted to get in smyths but finally got on ms store, happy days though. Will keep an eye on smyths as I'd rather click and collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Synode wrote: »
    Will XBox One controllers work on this or are they releasing new ones?

Old ones will work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyths site seems totally borked alright, GS seem to be sold out of Series X already and the work PC won't take me to the Microsoft store to order one.
    Amazon won't ship them to Ireland either, so I went for Harvey Norman and they took my money, although I am none too hopeful that they will be able to honour it, we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

lads not gonna lie that was tense and a bit of touch and go, reminiscent of the old ticketmaster days. Hopefully ms come through on the 10th now.

also harvey norman are gonna have some amount of chargebacks this morning haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Series X now "currently unavailable" on Amazon. They still have Series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Finally got through on the MS store.

Harvey norman was a nightmare, got all the way through to the last payment page with the final verification when it crashed - twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ha yes, mine is the same, it counted my "add to cart" clicks and I can't edit it. Ah well I'll just let it go. Got it on MS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They charged me too and the console is still in the basket.

Their live chat will have a busy morning when they crawl out of bed i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MS Store and Smyths still not working, but just got it through on Harvey Norman without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

JD1763 wrote: »

Harvey norman was a nightmare, got all the way through to the last payment page with the final verification when it crashed - twice.

Check your account

• Advertisement

JD1763 wrote: »

Check your bank account. Lot of people saying the funds were taken

Advertisement