Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

What a sh!tshow. Managed to get it through MS store in the end. Trying to manage this and get the kids ready was not good for the heart. Surely sites like Smyths know there's gonna be a lot of traffic on the site on pre-order day for a next gen console. Was hoping to click and collect with Smyths but can't be arsed with them now after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Got one on MS store. Did anyone get a receipt or VAT invoice sent to their email yet? I've got nothing and the email it says they are sending it to is wrong.

I used a yahoo email address when I set up my xbox profile years ago and I use that to sign in to xbox stuff. I think its sending it to a hotmail version of my email they created. My email is BLANKblank@yahoo.com but they are sending the receipt to BLANK.blank@hotmail.com instead which I can't access.

I have my preorder number and it shows up in my MS order history just like my gamepass etc. Payment and delivery address and all that is correct. Think I will still be alright even if I never get to see the email?

Yes, I got an email, but in reality you don't need it.

Just login to MS. Go to payment & Billing and then Order History and your order will be there.

Also, you can update your email on the account as they're clearly trying to email your old invalid email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Still looks like it available on MS

skerry wrote: »
    What a sh!tshow. Managed to get it through MS store in the end. Trying to manage this and get the kids ready was not good for the heart. Surely sites like Smyths know there's gonna be a lot of traffic on the site on pre-order day for a next gen console. Was hoping to click and collect with Smyths but can't be arsed with them now after that.

I feel the same about Smyths, clearly just a game to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

peejay1986 wrote: »
    When I went to CHOOSE A RETAILER on MS Store it said €449.99 on GameStop. What's that all about?

(I ordered via MS anyway at 499, just to be sure)

Noo - I choose poorly on that MS page - I chose Collect from Gamestop -

Gamestop had a message at the final page that Looked like they were pulling another ps5 fast one - With a message "Not all pre-Orders guaranteed for Launch Day €50"

Pressed buy anyway - but it crashed out.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

I love how Argos just brings up a headset every time you search Xbox Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The link to register your interest is still live like. https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/xbox-series-x-register

Perhaps they are off by an hour an it will all go live at 9am.

ozmo wrote: »
    Noo - I choose poorly on that MS page - I chose Collect from Gamestop -

Gamestop had a message at the final page that Looked like they were pulling another ps5 fast one - With a message "Not all pre-Orders guaranteed for Launch Day €50"

Pressed buy anyway - but it crashed out.

Just order directlty off MS. I don't like how Smyths or Gamestop have handled this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Currys are available instore at 10AM if anyone wants to queue old school. Don't forget your mask.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Smart-Select-20200922-085408-Chrome.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Some surge to buy this, what's the sell to get one on launch?

It's shiny and its new and I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

rizzla wrote: »
    The link to register your interest is still live like. https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/xbox-series-x-register

Perhaps they are off by an hour an it will all go live at 9am.

I was thinking this as well

New console to play games on? You're going to say something about exclusives, aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭dor83

skerry wrote: »

I'd say they underestimated demand to be honest, the currys uk site has a has a que system so you only get to order when you are at the front to the que with a counter telling you how many people are ahead of you in the que to order. When I went onto the site it said there were 61650 people ahead of me and the wait was over an hour, and I would imagine they wouldn't be even near the busiest for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

I want to play cyberpunk on the most powerful console on the market and then I want to play the medium

It's shiny and its new and I want one.

Now this is legit :D

ShaunC wrote: »
    Did anyone see a bundle deal going anywhere?

Yes, I managed to bundle 4 consoles together on Harvey Norman site for €1,999.96

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Got one on MS store. Did anyone get a receipt or VAT invoice sent to their email yet?

It won't be sent until it's despatched.

So Nov 10 is Tuesday. Is it wrong to take the rest of the week off work?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Got both at Smyths. Decided to drag myself out of bed and physicaly go there. Looks like it was right thing to do, seeing all the problems with online pre-orders.

Maybe Smyths delayed online orders to accomodate people like me? Or maybe it was a major f*** up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

murpho999 wrote: »
    So Nov 10 is Tueaday. Is it wrong to tak the rest of the week off work?:D

Hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, I managed to bundle 4 consoles together on Harvey Norman site for €1,999.96

Flexing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I ordered of HN

I wonder if it’s guaranteed or are they just taking all preorders ?

I also got 2 confirmation emails but with the same order number , I assume I won’t be billed twice?

I’ve emailed them to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Aeghnor wrote: »
    Got both at Smyths. Decided to drag myself out of bed and physicaly go there. Looks like it was right thing to do, seeing all the problems with online pre-orders.

Maybe Smyths delayed online orders to accomodate people like me? Or maybe it was a major f*** up.

Which store. Was there many there

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I ordered of HN

I wonder if it’s guaranteed or are they just taking all preorders ?

I also got 2 confirmation emails but with the same order number , I assume I won’t be billed twice?

I’ve emailed them to ask

Just check your bank, they take the money right away regardless if you even have the order it seems ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

So, has anyone got consoles from HN on release day before? Are they reliable? How are they for stock?

They were my last choice by far.

Had one with MS but at the last second saw they were emailing the receipt to an email address I no longer have access to. Didn't want to chance that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I must have pressed buy now on MS 499.99 times now and nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got one on MS store. Did anyone get a receipt or VAT invoice sent to their email yet? I've got nothing and the email it says they are sending it to is wrong.

I used a yahoo email address when I set up my xbox profile years ago and I use that to sign in to xbox stuff. I think its sending it to a hotmail version of my email they created. My email is BLANKblank@yahoo.com but they are sending the receipt to BLANK.blank@hotmail.com instead which I can't access.

I have my preorder number and it shows up in my MS order history just like my gamepass etc. Payment and delivery address and all that is correct. Think I will still be alright even if I never get to see the email?

I'd say your fine, same happened for me where its going to my old eircom.net account. If you go into the payment website for them, you can edit the email that used, its not the same as what you use for your xbox login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

and the confirmation email from Gamestop just arrived, RESULT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

i think alot of people ( myself included ) underestimated the demand, even though its a pre order launch i was thinking it would be log on then go to a site and be done.

Advertisement