Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Synode wrote: »
    Which store. Was there many there

Galway. There was 4 people there including wife and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Just check your bank, they take the money right away regardless if you even have the order it seems ha

Yes billed 2x

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So, has anyone got consoles from HN on release day before? Are they reliable? How are they for stock?

They were my last choice by far.

Had one with MS but at the last second saw they were emailing the receipt to an email address I no longer have access to. Didn't want to chance that.

Why do you need an email receipt when you have the order showing on your order history on MS site when you login to your account and also maybe update the email address too?

I don't think I've ever needed an email receipt for any online purchase ever apart from claiming stuff back from work or revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Smyths reporting poor sales of new Xbox Console, but sold out of Red Minions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had one with MS but at the last second saw they were emailing the receipt to an email address I no longer have access to. Didn't want to chance that.

that can be changed, if you go into the ms payments website, and edit your details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

I was the same. Just took a screenshot of the page. Also, shows up in your order history when you log into your MS account so there's no risk (changed my e-mail after the order).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Aeghnor wrote: »
    Got both at Smyths. Decided to drag myself out of bed and physicaly go there. Looks like it was right thing to do, seeing all the problems with online pre-orders.

Maybe Smyths delayed online orders to accomodate people like me? Or maybe it was a major f*** up.
    Nah the smythtoy online crap out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Now that the madness has (somewhat) subsided, I'll ask again...

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I ordered on MS Store in such a panic that I didn't check to see if this gets me any MS points or anything. I was logged in. Anyone know?

Someone mentioned an offer last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Beginning to doubt hn

If they have charged me 2x they probably just accepting all orders and have no stock Guaranteed like GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

would you say smyths irl and smyths uk are on the same server and the mess up is them trying to sort the all access out for all orders in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There should be rewards points credited to your account afaik, I haven't got any yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Anyone here buy it from Amazon UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This seems to a much more popular and successful launch than the Xbox One. Don't remember as many problems with pre order.

recyclops wrote: »
    would you say smyths irl and smyths uk are on the same server and the mess up is them trying to sort the all access out for all orders in the UK
    There website got hammered and couldn't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

maximoose wrote: »
    There should be rewards points credited to your account afaik, I haven't got any yet

For which site? MS won't add until you're billed in Nov.

Beginning to doubt hn

If they have charged me 2x they probably just accepting all orders and have no stock Guaranteed like GameStop

From my experience, they are charging every time they try to process a payment (which is having issues), but I'm assuming if you get a confirmation email, you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Glad I got one on Microsoft but when I spoke to their chat last night they said it would only be sent on release day and will take 2 to 3 business days for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Don't order from the MS store much. Have some One4all vouchers to spend and thinking of getting MS Store credit with them. Anyone know if they take credit off your account on payment or will they just use the card I put the order in with, Im thinking the latter. Can always use the vouchers for Cyber Punk I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I was thinking that earlier one alright, as anyone trying to access the UK site is getting the same little red fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I must have pressed buy now on MS 499.99 times now and nothing

me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'd say the Swiss, Austrian and German sites are on that server too.

maximoose wrote: »
    yea me neither maybe it just the xbox store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

rob808 wrote: »
    There website got hammered and couldn't handle it.

Don't think it's this as the rest of the site is working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Got sorted on MS thankfully, the stress! Hope everyone else did by now.

For Smyths, did anyone get through at all?

McDermotX wrote: »
    I was thinking that earlier one alright, as anyone trying to access the UK site is getting the same little red fecker.

Yeah, I have a mate in the UK that has the exact same page. He wants All Access, which is only via Smyths and Game, so is in a queue for Game since 8am. Still has 19 mins to wait in queue (supposedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

murpho999 wrote: »
    This seems to a much more popular and successful launch than the Xbox One. Don't remember as many problems with pre order.

I think most people thought the One was gash and went with PS. A lot of those doubters and PS buyers have a different perspective this time around.

I think this time around there wont be millions of units at release purely due to the pandemic.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Got sorted on MS thankfully, the stress! Hope everyone else did by now.

were you pressing buy now a lot?

Jimdagym wrote: »

No. Am tempted to go 2 mins up the road to preorder in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

peteeeed wrote: »
    were you pressing buy now a lot?

With MS? It wasnt intuitive. Some tips here helped like click the basket when it wasnt progressing. Took me 20 minutes probably

Advertisement