Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

just got one on Harvey Norman if you haven't tried there? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I'm worried now about my Gamestop pre-pre-order. Could be a queue at the store at midnight pain in the arse job.

Gamestop told me categorically, times that we live in, they won't be doing a midnight opening. They can't do anything to encourage crowds. I'd imagine they'll offer collection slots or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

peteeeed wrote: »

Ah, I'll stop refreshing the page every so often then. I got the MS store preorder and even if I don't get it launch, worse case scenario is launch week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

peteeeed wrote: »
    were you pressing buy now a lot?
    I was and keep saying maximum has been reached and try basket got url error but keep at it and got it in the end wasn't the best of it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

skerry wrote: »
    Don't order from the MS store much. Have some One4all vouchers to spend and thinking of getting MS Store credit with them. Anyone know if they take credit off your account on payment or will they just use the card I put the order in with, Im thinking the latter. Can always use the vouchers for Cyber Punk I guess

They let you use the credit first then the rest of the bill goes onto your next payment method (VISA etc). I've just done this and used €15 worth of credit off the total :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

If you want an extra controller, Amazon has them up for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SKJCFXF?tag=eurgam-df-uk-21

Black and White available. £54.99 each

Won't ship to a ROI address, must be shipped to a UK/NI address like the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Happy to wait and see how these turn out before ordering one. I have a One X which leaves the upgrade pass a bit messier tbh, not sure if a Series S would be a sideways move in some ways, so am going to see how they are in the real world before making any decision (as the “most powerful console in the world“ loses even more value...)

Microsoft seem to be pulling out all the stops to be able to offer good propositions so hard to complain but they’re setting it up so next gen titles will need to support 4 different platforms now? Going to see how this pans out in actuality first. PlayStation seemed so much simpler - do you want a disc-drive or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ravenholm wrote: »
    just got one on Harvey Norman if you haven't tried there? :cool:

wow that worked , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

kirkfx wrote: »
    If you want an extra controller, Amazon has them up for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SKJCFXF?tag=eurgam-df-uk-21

Black and White available. £54.99 each

Won't ship to a ROI address, must be shipped to a UK/NI address like the console.

You can get them from Microsoft for €59.99 - https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/accessories

I just got the blue one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Is there any word on when the Seagate expansion cards will be available to order/pre-order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Cousin of mine just pre-ordered in store at Smyths in Dundalk. Not another soul in site.

€25 deposit. The rest on collection.

No mentioned from them of bundles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Had loads of problems trying to checkout on the MS page so just dropped down to my local Smyths. Straight in and out with a guaranteed launch day console. They just charge you €25 there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Tried twice MS and revolut was preauth twice but doesnt show in my orders.Fùck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    You can get them from Microsoft for €59.99 - https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/accessories

That blue is savage. The white back makes it. Think I will nab one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MS now saying out of stock trying to add the X to basket

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

MS site is a joke...looks like they weren’t anticipating the rush either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I dunno guys....added a Series X to the cart there no problem ?

Keep plugging away I guess. Effortless experience a little earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think most people thought the One was gash and went with PS. A lot of those doubters and PS buyers have a different perspective this time around.

I think this time around there wont be millions of units at release purely due to the pandemic.

I think the opposite in relation to the pandemic.

People are gaming more as they're home more. Therefore demand for new consoles is higher.

Once manufacturing is not interrupted much then there'll be millions of Xbox and PS5s shipping on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

maximoose wrote: »
    MS now saying out of stock trying to add the X to basket

Have one in the basket but keep getting the dreaded "Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

McDermotX wrote: »

on the MS site I could add it to the cart (in Incognito mode, or Safari) but once I tried to pay it errored out every time.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think the opposite in relation to the pandemic.

People are gaming more as they're home more. Therefore demand for new consoles is higher.

Once manufacturing is not interrupted much then there'll be millions of Xbox and PS5s shipping on launch day.

Gaming more, yes. However uncertainty around finances, jobs etc. Each person will have different circumstances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

McDermotX wrote: »

Keep plugging away I guess. Effortless experience a little earlier.

You get right to ‘buy now’ and it doesn’t go through

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Glad I got one on Microsoft but when I spoke to their chat last night they said it would only be sent on release day and will take 2 to 3 business days for delivery

I would say that's just MS covering themselves.

I'm pretty confident I'll get it on Nov 10 and if it's a day late then so be it.

foobar wrote: »
    Have one in the basket but keep getting the dreaded "Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again." :(
    on the MS site I could add it to the cart (in Incognito mode, or Safari) but once I tried to pay it errored out every time.

Annoying. Don't wanna risk trying to put through another order on the console to find out, but an accessory purchase about 15mins ago went through their payment backend no problem

Possible the X console is limited alright, though I had a lad just saying he bought an S in the last couple mins.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Gaming more, yes. However uncertainty around finances, jobs etc. Each person will have different circumstances though.

Still enough people in normal employment to generate considerable demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Vudgie wrote: »
    MS site is a joke...looks like they weren’t anticipating the rush either :D

It worked earlier on. Was a bit slow, but a lot of us got orders through. Keep at it.

http://www.twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1308327200370892801

Get to a store......they've mucked this one up

murpho999 wrote: »
    Still enough people in normal employment to generate considerable demand.

For sure, yeah. I don't think MS or Sony will be too upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

They let you use the credit first then the rest of the bill goes onto your next payment method (VISA etc). I've just done this and used €15 worth of credit off the total :)

Sound. Is there a button to put the credit towards the purchase. Dont have credit in account currently but checked there and it gives option to change payment method but I'm afraid to go messing with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cheers for that, was looking for a 2nd controller! Got the blue one as well, and some play and charge kits.

All set now!!!

Advertisement