Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

murpho999 wrote: »
    Still enough people in normal employment to generate considerable demand.

Consoles, TVs etc should be tax free for mental health reasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

McDermotX wrote: »
    http://www.twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1308327200370892801

Get to a store......they've mucked this one up

They've mucked up today but, assuming that they get this sorted for tomorrow, there'll be plenty of eager customers to pre-order their entire allocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

I give up, sick of pressing buy now on MS.
    I have the PS5, will grab an x down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They've mucked up today but, assuming that they get this sorted for tomorrow, there'll be plenty of eager customers to pre-order their entire allocation.

and at least people will know of a retailer that'll still have a fair bit of its allocation to shift.

Assuming, everyone hasn't descended on their local store, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got one in my cart on ms website between 8.05 and 8.10 ish

Still trying to pay. Selecting different payment options won't fix it, just getting errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I give up, sick of pressing buy now on MS.
    I have the PS5, will grab an x down the line.

Just keep checking this thread, eventually Smyths will open preorders online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Smyth's is getting there. You can now search for the Series X but then when you click on it the red minion of doom returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

foobar wrote: »
    Have one in the basket but keep getting the dreaded "Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again." :(

Microsoft Store - yes same here - that error on choosing payment - tried again in “Incognito mode” as google suggested - but this time wasn't able get even that far - was getting the error entering my address.

Think I have one now on HN but it was such a hassle with timeouts and errors Im not sure I can trust it will be there on the day.

“Roll it back”

Moiph wrote: »
    Smyth's is getting there. You can now search for the Series X but then when you click on it the red minion of doom returns.

TBH....thats been possible for the last couple days with individual product pages. They updated the prod page late last night as well to reflect the one per customer etc.
    Site was fine and then fell apart on the run up to 8am........whether thats down to a single fail point under stress, the IT lad is in bed, the All Access in other countries etc......who knows.

Can't even get a Malibu Stacy from them, never mind a Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got one in my cart on ms website between 8.05 and 8.10 ish

Still trying to pay. Selecting different payment options won't fix it, just getting errors.

Have you tried PayPal? I added my card earlier and it didn't work for me, but I switched to PayPal and it worked fine.

I reckon it is due to the possibility of scalpers registering new accounts and cards so they might be blocking newly added cards. After buying with PayPal I was able to switch payment method to my card in the order history.

EDIT: Poster below me also had success with PayPal - if you're having trouble give it a go with PayPal instead and you can always try switching it after without a risk of losing your order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

A few issues ordering from Microsoft direct this morning at 8am, but finally got it ordered and received my confirmation mail with order number. Also states on the website that delivery should be for the 10th which means they will likely ship early.

My payment method was PayPal.

TBH....thats been possible for the last couple days with individual product pages. They updated the prod page late last night as well to reflect the one per customer etc.
    Site was fine and then fell apart on the run up to 8am........whether thats down to a single fail point under stress, the IT lad is in bed, the All Access in other countries etc......who knows.

It wouldn't even show any search results for me earlier though so the fact that they're showing up means they're getting there. Someone somewhere at Smyths is getting an earful over this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Got tired of the ms site. Went to Smyth's in Naas, nobody around, preorder done

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Smyths is now returning the Series S and X when you search for them, but clicking on the link gives Red Minion screen... but it is a light bit of progress. Might be able to pre-order off them shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, I managed to bundle 4 consoles together on Harvey Norman site for €1,999.96

You legend:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I've been waiting for the new Malibu Stacy for ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Smyths is now returning the Series S and X when you search for them, but clicking on the link gives Red Minion screen... but it is a light bit of progress. Might be able to pre-order off them shortly.
    He appears on the ps5 as well lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Both the Series X and Series S still available on Amazon - demand does not seem to be high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I assume Gamestop will turn around and go, "right the demand was nuts after all, so order system it is, all ye who payed in cash over the last few weeks will go top of the queue".

I assume...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got mine this morning, 8:15 from MS. All the more impressive that I managed it while cycling the two kids to school.

"Dad, why are we stopping, what are you doing?"

"Just have to check something"

"Why are we stopping so often, dad?

"BECAUSE THIS WEBSITE IS TELLING ME I'VE ALREADY GOT ONE IN THE BASKET, WHEN I DON'T!! SON OF A BEACH BALL!!! Oh, it just worked, let's go!"

Got them there on time, in one piece, with a pre-order. Not a bad morning.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    He appears on the ps5 as well lol.

Its the entire system. Probably some inventory tie-in that down. Cant even get that single red Lego brick I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Flibble wrote: »
    Got tired of the ms site. Went to Smyth's in Naas, nobody around, preorder done

Same here, Smyth's in Galway was equally quite.

For those who ordered the blue controller, did you order it on the MS store? Can't seem to find it on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

daddy pig wrote: »
    Both the Series X and Series S still available on Amazon - demand does not seem to be high.

X hasn't been available on Amazon UK for ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

For those who ordered the blue controller, did you order it on the MS store? Can't seem to find it on there

Direct link: https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller#blue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Hasn't been available on Amazon UK for ages?

the X hasnt but you can get the S now if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I tried to find it when they offer the add-ons at checkout, but then I panicked and shoved the order through. Maybe they will add it later once the initial rush dies down?

Never mind, just ordered through the link posted above :D

I too got an order in for the shock blue controller! And a play and charge kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, I got it on there. It was one of the options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Well done in gamestop was 176.39 with trading in Xbox one x plus 3 games. I am level 3.

Advertisement