Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

daddy pig wrote: »
    Both the Series X and Series S still available on Amazon - demand does not seem to be high.

Or Microsoft has MUCH more stock available than Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Well Harvey Norman's preorders sold out. I presume there will be a few back there when those who bought 3 or 4 sort their orders out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Just out of Smyths Jervis Street, not a sinner around for anyone wondering or worried about crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

i was about to order an extra controller but decided against it want to see what new headsets get announced as id rather one of those, anyone who wants to game in mine will be using the original one controller haha

Well Harvey Norman's preorders sold out. I presume there will be a few back there when those who bought 3 or 4 sort their orders out :P

Charged 3 times, 1 confirmed order....which I will cancel.

Even with the disaster that Smyths were on their site, I went in and ordered in person, and I still trust them to actually have a Series X ready for me on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

Is it worth getting this? I'm guessing the standard controller needs disposable batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is a play and charge pretty much essential?

To be fair, everyone saying if you go to Smyths and physically order, there is no one around and no queues.. why would there be?

Its a Tuesday morning, (alot of us are still working and dont have the time to go to a store) and the world we live in is ONLINE. Everyone wants to sit on their arse, myself included :) and just click a button to order my products.

That being said, I expect Smyths stores to be much busier from 5-6pm when people are calling in on their way home from work.

Imagine, being pulled over by the Guards... is your trip essential? Well guard, the Microsoft website was down all morning... and needs must.

GazzaL wrote: »

Is it worth getting this? I'm guessing the standard controller needs disposable batteries?

yeah its worth it although i bought this when on offer as it normally can go to around 18 pound, never had an issue and the batteries charge really quickly just means not stuck to a cable when gaming and charging

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Battery-Batteries-Rechargeable-Included-Black/dp/B001P8OCCS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=35PA451AGE3R4&dchild=1&keywords=energizer+rechargeable+battery+charger&qid=1600768616&quartzVehicle=29-405&replacementKeywords=energizer+rechargeable+battery&sprefix=energixer+%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-6

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is a play and charge pretty much essential?

Nope. Rechargeable AA's sitting in a charger, always ready for a quick swap-out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Well done in gamestop was 176.39 with trading in Xbox one x plus 3 games. I am level 3.

I'm going in soon to trade it did you factory reset the console?

Have to say aswell, I have the Elite Series 1 and 2 and it was very short sighted for Microsoft not to include the "Share" button on the Series 2. Sure no doubt there will be a Series 3 with nothing different other than a Share button and it will be €150... If you cant already tell, yes, I am disappointed with the Series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone managed to order an x off Microsoft, keep getting a payment error, tried a different card and even paypal, I'm sure it's the website and not the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

ZiabR wrote: »
    Have to say aswell, I have the Elite Series 1 and 2 and it was very short sighted for Microsoft not to include the "Share" button on the Series 2. Sure no doubt there will be a Series 3 with nothing different other than a Share button and it will be €150... If you cant already tell, yes, I am disappointed with the Series 2.

Love the controller, but yes, the missing button (unless you count the profile yoke) is annoying.
    Still......the core functionality is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

scottigael wrote: »
    I'm going in soon to trade it did you factory reset the console?

Yeah last night only took a few mins. Ps4 took over 2 hrs to do. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

recyclops wrote: »
    i was about to order an extra controller but decided against it want to see what new headsets get announced as id rather one of those, anyone who wants to game in mine will be using the original one controller haha

Most of the new headsets are just updates of current ones. All current ones will work except the ones requiring optical output.

Of the new headsets the Astro A20 Gen 2 is going to be a good one, especially if you have a PlayStation as well. You can buy the other format dongle seperately and tether the headset to both.

There is now a banner on the Smyths website stating it is offline and to order the consoles in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Most of the new headsets are just updates of current ones. All current ones will work except the ones requiring optical output.

Of the new headsets the Astro A20 Gen 2 is going to be a good one, especially if you have a PlayStation as well. You can buy the other format dongle seperately and tether the headset to both.
    I didn't realise the xbox controllers from xbox one x would work on new generation xbox which is class as I have a spare one so that saves me a few quid now. So xbox paid for. Now to get the other 400 together I owe on the ps5. Sold my xbox one x and slim 1tb ps4 so next gen all the way. Can use the kids ps4 until then so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Do I need a new version of play and charge kit for the new controller folks. Have the current version already

i am hoping they announce something with that partnership with bang and olufsson but i do like the idea of having one that works with ps5 as well.

currently my turtle beach atlas are doing an ok job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Oh, really? Is optical a no-go anymore?

I've a in-ear headset at the moment and although it's bang average, I much prefer that style to others. But...it won't work with the new controller? It connects via aux/headphone connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anyone managed to order an x off Microsoft, keep getting a payment error, tried a different card and even paypal, I'm sure it's the website and not the payment.

Nope, they made a total mess of it tbh after all the hype its been down since just after 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

recyclops wrote: »
    i am hoping they announce something with that partnership with bang and olufsson but i do like the idea of having one that works with ps5 as well.

currently my turtle beach atlas are doing an ok job

Not too badly priced either, they're cheaper than the Gen 1 A20s. €120 for the headset with an Xbox or PS dongle, additional dongles are €40.
    skerry wrote: »
    Do I need a new version of play and charge kit for the new controller folks. Have the current version already

I think the battery is the same, just need a usb-c cable for the new pad.
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    Oh, really? Is optical a no-go anymore?

I've a in-ear headset at the moment and although it's bang average, I much prefer that style to others. But...it won't work with the new controller? It connects via aux/headphone connection.
    That will still work, the jacks are not being removed from the control pad.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Nope, they made a total mess of it tbh after all the hype its been down since just after 8

I'm on hold to the store for the last 15 minutes, wondering should I just hang up...have an order number but didn't pay or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

If it's the 'Can't process payment - try again later' message just keep hitting the pay now button. Took a good 10-15 attempts when I was trying to put on through for my Nephew an hour ago.

Goes through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I'm on hold to the store for the last 15 minutes, wondering should I just hang up...have an order number but didn't pay or anything..
    if you pay by credit card they won't take payment until 10 days before it ship.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If it's the 'Can't process payment - try again later' message just keep hitting the pay now button. Took a good 10-15 attempts when I was trying to put on through for my Nephew an hour ago.

Goes through eventually.

Was the button greyed out when you were doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was the button greyed out when you were doing that?

No it was fine, but every-time I clicked pay now it was coming up with an error. Just had to keep hitting it. Might be a different issue if the button is greyed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just a head up for anyone who got charged by Harvey Norman but didn't get a confirmation email.

I spoke to them on Live Chat and they confirmed my order wasn't taken. In order to get my money back I have to email them. So it won't come back to you automatically.

I'm getting

Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

GazzaL wrote: »

I always get them. I just plug in the cable in a usb phone charger and keep playing when the battery dies down.

Advertisement