Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm getting

Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again.

That's the one, just keep hitting the pay button. Takes ages, but should go through eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Oh, really? Is optical a no-go anymore?

I've a in-ear headset at the moment and although it's bang average, I much prefer that style to others. But...it won't work with the new controller? It connects via aux/headphone connection.

Some headset are being updated to work via USB:
    https://www.engadget.com/astro-gaming-headsets-ps5-xbox-series-x-a20-070142065.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHC-O-poU8sUaqBKBgASUzIk9HkOCwEryXxA6ludDgLLiVJ5qOX-bqFD7-jhWoTisTS7zCKW2XXhVlhsFPwfObUTzioTJ8kozScZIdiaS84sk2yqEN70iiCiH7igB84PaqyzbK98JGxw17tgLiwxDYZMymHe6Eq7VpI7XgT4wwtF

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

Does anyone know when GameStop will be able to confirm launch day orders if you have paid the deposit in store before today?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Msft website seems to be accepting orders again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does anyone know when GameStop will be able to confirm launch day orders if you have paid the deposit in store before today?

I'd say you'll be fine. They had orders available for home delivery which is usually a good indication of them having unallocated stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I'd say you'll be fine. They had orders available for home delivery which is usually a good indication of them having unallocated stock.

Just said to me today can't guarantee launch day order when I paid for it but saying that I have ps5 pre ordered since December and they cannot 100% say I will defo get one on launch day but said highly likely. Just probably don't know how many they got in store as of yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Msft website seems to be accepting orders again.

Says out of stock for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

Fingers crossed. I did get an order placed on MS website this morning as a back up but would prefer to collect on the day and trade in my One X a few days before.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just said to me today can't guarantee launch day order when I paid for it but saying that I have ps5 pre ordered since December and they cannot 100% say I will defo get one on launch day but said highly likely. Just probably don't know how many they got in store as of yet.

They'll always say that. Their entire allocation may not arrive on time or they get shorted. There will be no real guarantee for anyone until a few days before the release when the stock actually arrives, including from the MS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's the one, just keep hitting the pay button. Takes ages, but should go through eventually.

I've go to the complete order page a few times where I need to put in my aib code, all looks good then get an error has occurred...still on hold... about to throw my hat at it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Says out of stock for me.

Yeah its sold out on MS direct. Under 4 hours to sell out means its either been a very successful launch OR they don't have a large about of stock due to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yeah its sold out on MS direct. Under 4 hours to sell out means its either been a very successful launch OR they don't have a large about of stock due to Covid.
    I think Microsoft consoles went into mass production before sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I strolled in to Smyths today and put my deposit down. Pity they won't accept more than €25. However, the guy did suggest to save the money on a Smyths gift card which I thought was a smart idea, particularlly for someone like me that likes to spend money at every opportunity.

He also said Smyths guarantee purchases. They wont allow people to pre-order if they don't have the stock. Pretty good practice.

I did, however put down a deposit on Cyberpunk in Game Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I strolled in to Smyths today and put my deposit down. Pity they won't accept more than €25. However, the guy did suggest to save the money on a Smyths gift card which I thought was a smart idea, particularlly for someone like me that likes to spend money at every opportunity.

He also said Smyths guarantee purchases. They wont allow people to pre-order if they don't have the stock. Pretty good practice.

I did, however put down a deposit on Cyberpunk in Game Stop.
    I perorder the wii and ps3 on launch day got them no problem in smyths.

When I ordered in person at Smyth's the guy serving me said they would open early on release day, and to show up at 7:50am on November 10th. I thought it was a weird specific time to give.

Well seems I forgot today was the day. Oh well I'm sure MS will have more stock later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

rob808 wrote: »
    I perorder the wii and ps3 on launch day got them no problem in smyths.

That is reassuring.
    Basil3 wrote:
    When I ordered in person at Smyth's the guy serving me said they would open early on release day, and to show up at 7:50am on November 10th. I thought it was a weird specific time to give.

May I ask which store or even county that was?

Well seems I forgot today was the day. Oh well I'm sure MS will have more stock later in the year.

Smyths still have stock for in store order. Their website got borked and no one could order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Basil3 wrote: »

Must be opening at 8 so, he probably just meant to be near the top of the q arrive 10 mins early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

haha id have to cross the lockdown border to get to carrickmines for my nearest smyths, im gonna play it safe with MS and get it when it arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

ZiabR wrote: »

Series S still available in MS Store for those looking for one of them

May I ask which store or even county that was?

Blanchardstown in Dublin
    RGARDINR wrote: »
    Must be opening at 8 so, he probably just meant to be near the top of the q arrive 10 mins early

Ah yeah, probably. I thought he'd just say they open at 8, but show up early because there's going to be a queue. I'll be pissed if 7:50 doesn't have me near the front of that queue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just a head up for anyone who got charged by Harvey Norman but didn't get a confirmation email.

I spoke to them on Live Chat and they confirmed my order wasn't taken. In order to get my money back I have to email them. So it won't come back to you automatically.

And now I just got an email confirming my order.

Shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

MrStuffins wrote: »
    And now I just got an email confirming my order.

Shambles!

Same and on back order too :pac:

Back to them again asking for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

my original email to them was just saying i would like to cancel the preorder if it went through and get a refund anyway so hope that suffices

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

For orders from MS - Can you change the payment method afterwards to MS Credit?

Tempted to buy 10x €50 gift cards for €473 to save a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

maximoose wrote: »
    For orders from MS - Can you change the payment method afterwards to MS Credit?

Tempted to buy 10x €50 gift cards for €473 to save a few quid

Some people have had trouble with ordering the XSX with credit today - it might be blocked due to scalping? People could make duplicate accounts and buy lots of credit to get many Series X consoles. That's my theory behind why it wouldn't work.

Anyway - I wouldn't risk it to save 27 quid if I were you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Cant believe that Smyths site isn't sorted.. Had to purchase on MS Store which won't guarantee me getting it during the first week..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

At least they put the blue controller up.........not that you can buy it or anything mad like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

wes wrote: »
    I managed to order one earlier....

From Smyths ? Or MS ?
    Have one with MS myself, but Smyths have only updated the site today with the blue one - so at least they can manage that. They just can't sell it :pac:

Advertisement