Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Had no problems ordering with gamestop this morning at around ten past eight, added to cart, checked out, confirmation email received so job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Wasn’t sure if hn order was successful so walked into smyths on jervis street just now, no queues and still available

Turns out my hn order is ok

Which one is best to cancel or makes no difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wasn’t sure if hn order was successful so walked into smyths on jervis street just now, no queues and still available

Turns out my hn order is ok

Which one is best to cancel or makes no difference?

Despite their ballsup today, I suspect Smyths would be 'safer'.....not to say those ordering from HN wouldn't get theirs, but to be fair to Smyths, they normally only shift what they intend to have and they are partnered with MS distribution-wise in a manner. So are Gamestop though, so read into that what you will.
    I'd probably go with Smyths personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Cant believe that Smyths site isn't sorted.. Had to purchase on MS Store which won't guarantee me getting it during the first week..

I'd say they'll deliver on launch day. Have faith.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was thinking, for half a second, about trading the XBox One in but, as it has been for the last 20 years, I've decided against it, it will simply ascend into the gaming room in the attic... to never be touched again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I was just in Smyths Carrigmines around 12.30. The guy said they had no idea how many they'd be allotted, but that pre sales where defo for release day and when they where gone the till would simply stop allowing them to sell.

He also said they where opening at midnight on launch day. so, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was thinking, for half a second, about trading the XBox One in but, as it has been for the last 20 years, I've decided against it, it will simply ascend into the gaming room in the attic... to never be touched again...

Correct decision:D I don't think I could part with any of my machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

eas wrote: »
    I was just in Smyths Carrigmines around 12.30. The guy said they had no idea how many they'd be allotted, but that pre sales where defo for release day and when they where gone the till would simply stop allowing them to sell.

He also said they where opening at midnight on launch day. so, fingers crossed.

Orderer one in Smyths Athlone.Asked nice fella is it guarantee to be on relase day.He said yes,otherwose his system wouldnot take it.Tried few time with MS store but no luck.Was charged 3x1euro preauth but got error each time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

A few nervous moments as Mirosoft.com and Xbox.com were having issues with payment processing earlier. Luckily, it eventually worked and just have to wait until 10 November now. Hmm? How many sleeps is that??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Correct decision:D I don't think I could part with any of my machines.

I've kept other consoles. But, unless you have a particular thing for Kinect based games or need a back up Blu-Ray player, I don't see any real benefit to hanging onto my One X once the trade is reasonable value.

Even where Nintendo brings across media and accessories from previous consoles, there is still a certain feel from playing their games on the "right" console. Whereas I think Microsoft (very deliberately) is moving from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Same and on back order too :pac:

Back to them again asking for a refund

Just out of interest, does your email say back order?

Mine doesn't. Would I be wrong to assume the order is good for a release day batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Basil3 wrote: »
    Blanchardstown in Dublin

Ah yeah, probably. I thought he'd just say they open at 8, but show up early because there's going to be a queue. I'll be pissed if 7:50 doesn't have me near the front of that queue :pac:
    might try and stagger people's times on the day with times to show up at. We better not be in full lockdown come then.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I really don't get how the Smyths website is still down. I wonder are they just not doing online and all orders are in store now?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I really don't get how the Smyths website is still down. I wonder are they just not doing online and all orders are in store now?

Yeah, and on top of that, they've just tweeted that all preorders are allocated (for the X at least)

https://twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1308399118264471553

Omnishambles

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, and on top of that, they've just tweeted that all preorders are allocated (for the X at least)

https://twitter.com/SmythsToysIRE/status/1308399118264471553

Question is if its stores x allocation or if its all allocation. I know some people said its separate stocks

Possibly, same way the All Access Pre-Orders in Smyths UK havent been touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Smyths website works and I just placed a pre-order for a Series S. - Series S

Series X is sold out - Series X

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

hi all, was reading on resetera that you can buy 3 years worth of gold and upgrade this to 3 years game pass for €1. Has anyone tried this in Ireland and can I get a bit more info. It sounds a bit dodgy

EDIT: sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Tried , unsuccessfully to preorder with gamestop. Have a 'join the queue' order in with them. Would be nice to grab one on launch day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

R.F. wrote: »
    hi all, was reading on resetera that you can buy 3 years worth of gold and upgrade this to 3 years game pass for €1. Has anyone tried this in Ireland and can I get a bit more info. It sounds a bit dodgy

It's a perfectly legit offer. If you look in the Game Pass thread, you'll see specific details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So:

Series X:

Microsoft - Sold Out
    Smyths - Sold Out
    Amazon - Sold Out
    Harvey Norman - Apparently Sold Out of their allocation
    Gamestop - Who knows? Sure they would tell you whatever you want to hear.

Series S:

Still in stock in all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

its not dodgy at all microsoft basically promote it, the thing is where you get your gold from. once you have that you redeem on the xbox and then once all redeemed convert for 1 euro.

unsure if you can do it on the MS site as i have never done it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

RGARDINR wrote: »
    might try and stagger people's times on the day with times to show up at. We better not be in full lockdown come then.

One of the reasons I went with delivery this time round. I don't mind it coming a couple days later, just in case things get bad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ZiabR wrote: »
    So:

Series X:

Microsoft - Sold Out
    Smyths - Sold Out
    Amazon - Sold Out
    Harvey Norman - Apparently Sold Out of their allocation
    Gamestop - Who knows? Sure they would tell you whatever you want to hear.

Series S:

Still in stock in all of the above.

GameStop have tweeted that they've sold out of their launch allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

McDermotX wrote: »
    Possibly, same way the All Access Pre-Orders in Smyths UK havent been touched.
    it was down to all access and the bundle option It would had let people bundle a turtle beach headset with the xbox sx for £350.The xbox sx £450 on it own it on eurogamer.net

rob808 wrote: »
    it was down to all access and the bundle option It would had let people bundle a turtle beach headset with the xbox sx for £350.The xbox sx £450 on it own it on eurogamer.net

Heard that happened with Game etc, but I'd imagine they will try to cancel anyone who put through an order.

Hope everyone managed to secure what they wanted in any case, even if it meant a trip to Smyths etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Smyths working for Series S anyway.
    Series X is showing as out of stock - it might be but I've not seen the site working up until right now so might still be a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gazman1982

Was able to pop out at lunch from work, went over to Smyths in Swords and managed to pre order the Series X.

The guy behind the counter was saying that unlike Gamestop if you get a pre order confirmation then you will get one on launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Smyths working for Series S anyway.
    Series X is showing as out of stock - it might be but I've not seen the site working up until right now so might still be a glitch.

Its not a glitch, Smyths have confirmed on Twitter that they are out of stock of the X. Taking no more orders.

Advertisement