Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm surprised that the X is seeing such an uptake, I wonder was the stock available more limited than they were letting on?

I'm surprised that the X is seeing such an uptake, I wonder was the stock available more limited than they were letting on?

I would have expected it to be more popular for early adopters, especially pre-orders. I'd say the Series S will be the top seller eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just wondering how many parents will be delighted with securing an Xbox (one) X thinking they have scored an Xbox Series X...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Just wondering how many parents will be delighted with securing an Xbox (one) X thinking they have scored an Xbox Series X...

I doubt there's many of them left in the wild seeing as production was discontinued a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

wes wrote: »
    One of the reasons I went with delivery this time round. I don't mind it coming a couple days later, just in case things get bad again.

Probably smart thing to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Well, a lot of people, those who've been lucky enough to keep their job, have been at home for 6 months, with money just building up. Around here every second house seems to have started an extension or bought a 202 car.

So it fits that they hear of a shiny new toy, in the basket it goes...

GameStop have tweeted that they've sold out of their launch allocation.

Wonder will I get 1 there on launch day as only went in today and traded in the xbox one x and paid it fully off then or do they mean their online orders

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Wonder will I get 1 there on launch day as only went in today and traded in the xbox one x and paid it fully off then or do they mean their online orders

Nobody knows. It's a lottery, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gazman1982

ozmo wrote: »

This is definitely going to happen, I can see the disappointed faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Out of curiosity, why are you surprised? This is the first console since the 360 that I can really get behind. It is the most powerful console ever and the first real technologic leap in generations of hardware. As gamers, we are really in for a treat with both the Series X and the PS5. It is more bang for your buck than the PS5 and with Microsoft buying up studio after studio for their game pass service I am not surprised in the slightest that this console sold out within hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Series X available from Game.co.uk

I imagine they deliver to Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard (Delivery costs £9.99 for 1 day, £4.99 for 2 day)
    Can also reserve for free instore pickup. Useful if you live near the border.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-series-x-2831406

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RGARDINR wrote: »

Both. Virtual queue now in place like with PS5.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why are you surprised? This is the first console since the 360 that I can really get behind. It is the most powerful console ever and the first real technologic leap in generations of hardware. As gamers, we are really in for a treat with both the Series X and the PS5. It is more bang for your buck than the PS5 and with Microsoft buying up studio after studio for their game pass service I am not surprised in the slightest that this console sold out within hours.

I suppose I just thought a that the 299 price tag on the S would have pushed more people that way.
    Its a funny industry in a lot of ways, and a lot of it is coloured by what goes on in the USA. Its almost like we're not as price sensitive as them.
    over here, you dont; seem to hear about people hanging on to their 1080p tvs, but it seems like a bigger concern to folk in the states.

You dont need to convince me of the value of the X at the moment, I just wouldnt have thought the casual gamers would have grasped it to a level that would see so many preorders

Its the one flaw id have with how they market gamepass - to my eyes, its not being properly marketed to joe public.
    'like netflix for games' or a similar phrasing would drive home the value aspect.

I don't generally put much stock in what goes on in terms of studio acquisitions etc either. - When you're into games, all that stuff is great gossip and a look behind the scenes, but the average buyer off the street that only buys a few games a year doesn't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Deleted as if you add it says its out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Seeing as it's out of stock with MS, do we reckon those who pre-ordered with them are guaranteed one for launch day? You'd imagine out of all the retailers they would be the one to absolutely guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Moiph wrote: »
    Seeing as it's out of stock with MS, do we reckon those who pre-ordered with them are guaranteed one for launch day? You'd imagine out of all the retailers they would be the one to absolutely guarantee it.

They would probably have the best idea of the allocation, so I think it is relatively safe, but you never know with these things, but if you ordered soon after pre-orders started, you are probably fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Moiph wrote: »

Yes, otherwise they would continue with pre orders. They have an allocation just like the retailers. Once the allocation is sold out then they stop taking pre orders. In saying that, I do expect pre orders to open up again in October as more units roll off the production line. How many more? Its very hard to be sure.

It's kind of mad to think about the One X being consigned to the console scrap of time already, it's still an *amazing* piece of hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

the corpo wrote: »
    It's kind of mad to think about the One X being consigned to the console scrap of time already, it's still an *amazing* piece of hardware

Yeah i know its why it kills me to see it be giving away to cex/gamestop reasonably cheap, I am nearly considering giving mine to my nephews or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yes me personally I am going to keep my one x for the bedroom, its a good system and and ideal second console for game pass etc

• Advertisement

Unclear if this means you're part of the virtual queue that's now behind the allocation they sold online this morning?

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1308300645913354241?s=20

Both. Virtual queue now in place like with PS5.

Hey once I get it for Xmas ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm not surprised at all.

It's the most powerful and futureproofed console out there.

Also, I have a 4k tv and I couldn't go back to lower than that on the S.

Unclear if this means you're part of the virtual queue that's now behind the allocation they sold online this morning?

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1308300645913354241?s=20

Lots in the q so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Correct decision:D I don't think I could part with any of my machines.

That room contains over 60 machines now... might have chosen the wrong obsession!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ZiabR wrote: »
    Gamestop - Who knows? Sure they would tell you whatever you want to hear.

They changed it from 'pre-order' to 'join the queue' around 8:30am. Would hope that a pre-order is actually that.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Well, a lot of people, those who've been lucky enough to keep their job, have been at home for 6 months, with money just building up. Around here every second house seems to have started an extension or bought a 202 car.

So it fits that they hear of a shiny new toy, in the basket it goes...

This is it, people are bored, haven't spent much money this year with pubs and holidays being pretty much closed and want to look forward to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was thinking, for half a second, about trading the XBox One in but, as it has been for the last 20 years, I've decided against it, it will simply ascend into the gaming room in the attic... to never be touched again...

This is the first time I think I will trade in, just because the Series X can play everything my One X already does.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I can't see the Series S listed anywhere on Smyths website, it was there this morning. Only the Series X seems to be listed and it's out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Series S has only a 500gb SSD, and if you want to upgrade to another 500 it will cost you €200 if you go through MS. That’s the full price of the series x when you add the series s and an extra 500gb SSD. Might as well just get the far superior X.

Advertisement