Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

the corpo wrote: »
    Unclear if this means you're part of the virtual queue that's now behind the allocation they sold online this morning?

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1308300645913354241?s=20

No, they posted this a little while after selling out. Consoles were still available when they tweeted that.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1308366240734425089?s=19
    Series S has only a 500gb SSD, and if you want to upgrade to another 500 it will cost you €200 if you go through MS. That’s the full price of the series x when you add the series s and an extra 500gb SSD. Might as well just get the far superior X.
    It's expected to be $219 for a 1TB ssd expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i went for the S as my GamePass machine.

I might upgrade to X in a couple of years, will be interesting to see if there is an X revision in 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

the corpo wrote: »
    It's kind of mad to think about the One X being consigned to the console scrap of time already, it's still an *amazing* piece of hardware

Red dead 2 on one x was breathtaking. I was also tempted to keep it but the GameStop trade offer of 200 for the series x with 3 games was too good to let up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Sales just going live just now in the States...

Just for info - some X's for sale from Target...

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-console/-/A-80790841

--edit---
    10 minutes later - all sold out.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That room contains over 60 machines now... might have chosen the wrong obsession!

I donated my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, Saturn, Gamecube, N64 and PS1 to Crumlin Children's Hospital over 10 years ago. They were sitting in my attic and I thought they would at least get used there. I am a hoarder but I was never really going to use them again. After that I just sold my PS2, Xbox, 360, 360 Eilte, Xbox One and soon Xbox One X on Adverts. With a family and kids, when was I actually going to use them again?

Cant wait for the Series X, as a hardware geek I am genuinely excited with what we will get as games in the next 5+ years. This is a real generational leap. We are going to be spoiled.

I am purposely going to give Assassins Creed a miss on launch and wait a week extra for Cyberpunk. Ubisoft being Ubisoft, Assassins Creed is likely to have alot of bugs and I would rather sink my time into Cyberpunk and wait for Assassins Creed to be patched and drop in price.

Roll on Nov 10th!

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    I can't see the Series S listed anywhere on Smyths website, it was there this morning. Only the Series X seems to be listed and it's out of stock.

You should still be able to get a Series S off Microsoft direct.

That is exactly what Microsoft want and why they released the S. Fair play, the S is still going to be a lovely machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

i dnt know whether to "preorder" from Gamestop since I probably wont get one on launch day anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ZiabR wrote: »
    That is exactly what Microsoft want and why they released the S. Fair play, the S is still going to be a lovely machine.
    I had actually thought to get neither, than the wife said she'd get it as a birthday present so I decided on the S. then Microsoft bought bethesda and I wanted an X!

Would have pre-ordered the X in Smyths if they had stock when the site worked but oh well. The S will do me grand - its really only the SSD size that kinda put me off it. I'll have to be better about not hording digital games!

I had actually thought to get neither, than the wife said she'd get it as a birthday present so I decided on the S. then Microsoft bought bethesda and I wanted an X!

Would have pre-ordered the X in Smyths if they had stock when the site worked but oh well. The S will do me grand - its really only the SSD size that kinda put me off it. I'll have to be better about not hording digital games!

Just pick up the Seagate expansion drive once its available and you will have 1.5TB which should do you grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I donated my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, Saturn, Gamecube, N64 and PS1 to Crumlin Children's Hospital over 10 years ago. They were sitting in my attic and I thought they would at least get used there. I am a hoarder but I was never really going to use them again. After that I just sold my PS2, Xbox, 360, 360 Eilte, Xbox One and soon Xbox One X on Adverts. With a family and kids, when was I actually going to use them again?

Cant wait for the Series X, as a hardware geek I am genuinely excited with what we will get as games in the next 5+ years. This is a real generational leap. We are going to be spoiled.

I am purposely going to give Assassins Creed a miss on launch and wait a week extra for Cyberpunk. Ubisoft being Ubisoft, Assassins Creed is likely to have alot of bugs and I would rather sink my time into Cyberpunk and wait for Assassins Creed to be patched and drop in price.

Roll on Nov 10th!
    Cyberpunk will be getting a proper next gen upgrade in 2021 as well, and CD Projekt - sound lads that they are - have stated that's a free upgrade if you've already bought Cyberpunk. They're doing the same with the Witcher.

I'm trying to decide myself whether to get caught up in the immediate buzz of it or hold out a bit for the souped up version. It'll look great regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I cancelled my order just now on hn

If you go to their website it says preorders are sold out but you can place it in cart , ie my cancelled one if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Reading through the experiences people had today i have to say mine was very different. I went on the ms site at 7:50. Refreshed at 8:01 and flew through the checkout. Had my confirmation mail about 2 minutes later.

The mail says expected delivery 10th November (fingers crossed)

I previously tried to buy a PS4 pro on a black friday sale in GameStop. It was a horrible experience. Myself and a work colleague ordered about 6PM on the thursday on the site, as soon as the orders went live, for collection the next day (we work in the city centre). The next morning I got a mail from them saying my order had been cancelled. So at lunch we went down to smyths because they had them in stock. When we were in the queue my workmate got an email saying that his order had been cancelled too. Since he was standing next to me he just bought the console when we reached the front of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I've completely bought into the S / Gamepass concept. Great for casual gamers to be able to dip in and out of different games without having to buy them all individually and risk having them sit unplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I cancelled my order just now on hn

If you go to their website it says preorders are sold out but you can place it in cart , ie my cancelled one if anyone is interested

How did u cancel it? I cant see an option to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The S will also be my portable GamePass machine with the X as the main console. I’ll set up a games area for the eldest kid where he can have one of my One X consoles to play stuff on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

The series X appears to be back on the microsoft site now for pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Cyberpunk will be getting a proper next gen upgrade in 2021 as well, and CD Projekt - sound lads that they are - have stated that's a free upgrade if you've already bought Cyberpunk. They're doing the same with the Witcher.

I'm trying to decide myself whether to get caught up in the immediate buzz of it or hold out a bit for the souped up version. It'll look great regardless.

I think I'll be playing the one x version on the series x as it launches, definitely too good to wait plus you'll get smoother FPS and loading times, then I'll play it again with a different path and maybe even dlc when the series x patch comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Have an X ordered through HN. Got confirmation email. Was near a Smyths earlier and despite them tweeting that they'd no X's left, I was able to preorder one in store as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

MS shows the pre order listed in order history. No confirmation email received yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

recyclops wrote: »

Not working for me, says to contact Microsoft that there's a problem with payment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got one from the MS site this morning, there still taking orders I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have an X ordered through HN. Got confirmation email. Was near a Smyths earlier and despite them tweeting that they'd no X's left, I was able to preorder one in store as a backup.

So that somebody else ordering one.

Would you not cancel the HN one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

scottigael wrote: »
    I think I'll be playing the one x version on the series x as it launches, definitely too good to wait plus you'll get smoother FPS and loading times, then I'll play it again with a different path and maybe even dlc when the series x patch comes out.

Any word on if the save files carry over? I know the Witcher 3 GOTY edition needed a seperate save to the individually bought game and dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Not working for me, says to contact Microsoft that there's a problem with payment
    Try changing payment to or from PayPal. I had the same error this morning

recyclops wrote: »

Thanks, just managed to get an order in, so fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

pcadhain wrote: »
    Try changing payment to or from PayPal. I had the same error this morning

Tried but no luck. Did you just keep hitting buy now

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Thanks, just managed to get an order in, so fair play.

Did you get a confirmation email?
    I just ordered one too but they said they would send confirmation to an email address I had from college about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

pcadhain wrote: »
    Any word on if the save files carry over? I know the Witcher 3 GOTY edition needed a seperate save to the individually bought game and dlc

Should do. Should just sync from the cloud as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Been trying since 8am and finally got the order through on the ms website.

Advertisement