Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Everyone wants the X

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

recyclops wrote: »
    The series X appears to be back on the microsoft site now for pre order
    Thanks for that, just ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Tried but no luck. Did you just keep hitting buy now

Thats what I just did, it said there was a error on their side just tried again and it went through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

recyclops wrote: »
    The series X appears to be back on the microsoft site now for pre order

Can't for the life of me understand why, I checked my details several times to make sure they were fine but just wouldn't work.
    Grabbed the wife's phone, signed in with her account, used her card details and it went through first time...wtf :D

Thanks for the heads up.

PS5 and Series X in the bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Grayson wrote: »
    Reading through the experiences people had today i have to say mine was very different. I went on the ms site at 7:50. Refreshed at 8:01 and flew through the checkout. Had my confirmation mail about 2 minutes later.

Mine was pretty similar, the website was a bit slow, but I had the confirmaton email sent to me by 08:04 am, so it wasn't that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Was anyone else redirected to microsofts UK site to complete the purchase? The price shown went from € to £, hoping that won't affect delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

luciddream wrote: »
    Was anyone else redirected to microsofts UK site to complete the purchase? The price shown went from € to £, hoping that won't affect delivery.

My confirmation email is in euro and the order on the website is in euro as well. Maybe double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

wes wrote: »
    My confirmation email is in euro and the order on the website is in euro as well. Maybe double check.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Just managed to order a Series X through the Microsoft website.

Kept getting errors when I hit "Buy Now" on Chrome but I logged out, switched to Firefox and my order went through first time on that browser. Got the confirmation email about a minute or two afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

wes wrote: »

Thanks, I checked it again and the order history still showed it in pounds. (Never received a confirmation email for the order either). I just cancelled it and reordered on the Irish site, all in the correct currency and also received an instant confirmation email this time. Feel a lot better about it now. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Does it seem Gamestop "pre-order" system is actually a lottery? Got one ordered this morning and have a confirmation email for collection on launch day but slightly nervous reading the previous posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

my order has disappeared from my microsoft account very strange need to get onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

lfc200 wrote: »
    Does it seem Gamestop "pre-order" system is actually a lottery? Got one ordered this morning and have a confirmation email for collection on launch day but slightly nervous reading the previous posts!

From what I can tell - guesswork mostly - it seems like they sold out of pre-orders quickly and changed the product from 'pre-order' to 'join the queue'. Hoping that those with a pre-order from early this morning should be good for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

rafi bomb wrote: »
    How did u cancel it? I cant see an option to cancel

Need to email them , There’s an address at bottom of their page or can message them on messenger

Have to say , very good customer sales and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Wasn't going to bother immediately. But getting a serious case of FOMO so just went on MS site and ordered. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Looks like it is sold out again on MS site

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Looks like it is sold out again on MS site

I just bought one a minute ago on the UK website...

£449.99

Irish delivery address, just logged in with my Microsoft account...if you get a payment type error hit the edit basked then check it out...went through first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

dbloke wrote: »
    Wasn't going to bother immediately. But getting a serious case of FOMO so just went on MS site and ordered. No problems.

For once i feel with a console launch there should be no feeling of FOMO. There's no game coming to Series X/S that you won't be able to play on your current xbox. It's only if you're new to the platform that day one might be important.

Nutmeg wrote: »
    Just managed to order a Series X through the Microsoft website.

Kept getting errors when I hit "Buy Now" on Chrome but I logged out, switched to Firefox and my order went through first time on that browser. Got the confirmation email about a minute or two afterwards too.

Now that you mention it I ended up using the new microsft browser to buy it, was using chrome/firefox earlier on and it just wouldn't work. Have order confirmation email now.
    Spoke with Microsoft earlier on and they told me some on the German website still available but it was the UK one I eventually got it off.

For once i feel with a console launch there should be no feeling of FOMO. There's no game coming to Series X/S that you won't be able to play on your current xbox. It's only if you're new to the platform that day one might be important.

True to be fair

I’ll miss the one x the most out of any console

Amazing machine , I won’t trade it in until I have the series x as I’m happy to lose money than cash it in and go without for 6 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Finally got one pre-ordered on MS site!
    Damn, been at it since before 9am :eek:

I tried to take the survey then after the whole thing! That site fúcking crashed too :mad:

Oh well, breathe! 7 weeks and counting!
    Think how long it's been since we were first in lockdown!
    It'll fly by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've always pre ordered consoles with gamestop and have always gotten it on launch day, i wouldn't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

I managed to get an order in with Microsoft at 8.24 Am (to be exact) don't let the early order fool you though, it was quite frustrating to get it done with all the sites crashing and stuff..

I may have let off a few curses in the process.. but at least it's done :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I just bought the Series X, so have that coming as well as a PS5. I had no interest in the xbox up to yesterday and the big buyout of Bethesda completely changed my mind. I feel this won't be the last of the big buyouts by Microsoft either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I just bought one a minute ago on the UK website...

£449.99

Irish delivery address, just logged in with my Microsoft account...if you get a payment type error hit the edit basked then check it out...went through first time...

You mean this error?

Try that again

Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

upCyAN90qEiEPaxV.25
    2020/09/22 - 17:48:33 UTC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Can you post a pic of the email please?

Same error I was getting earlier, edit card didn't work.

I managed to get an order in with Microsoft at 8.24 Am (to be exact) don't let the early order fool you though, it was quite frustrating to get it done with all the sites crashing and stuff..

I may have let off a few curses in the process.. but at least it's done :pac:
    PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've always pre ordered consoles with gamestop and have always gotten it on launch day, i wouldn't worry about it

Personally , I’ve never had any issues with them , ordered 2x once preorder the other before release date but missed preorder and still made it on launch day

quarryman wrote: »
    You mean this error?

Try that again

Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

upCyAN90qEiEPaxV.25
    2020/09/22 - 17:48:33 UTC

No was getting that one multiple times since this morning...that didn't happen on the UK site it went straight through with Microsoft edge browser but I initially got the error with the default payment option, hitting edit basket fixes that one.

• Advertisement

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation email?
    I just ordered one too but they said they would send confirmation to an email address I had from college about 10 years ago.

Yes, confirmed almost immediately

Advertisement