Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Preorders Back up on microsoft.ie again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Wow that was a stressful day! I finally managed to buy an X from Harvey Norman using PayPal but never got a confirmation email so after a bit of panicking I went back on and bought another one using my debit card which worked perfectly straight away! Now how do I go about getting my €500 from the PayPal purchase back? I’ve emailed Harvey Norman twice today but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Wow that was a stressful day! I finally managed to buy an X from Harvey Norman using PayPal but never got a confirmation email so after a bit of panicking I went back on and bought another one using my debit card which worked perfectly straight away! Now how do I go about getting my €500 from the PayPal purchase back? I’ve emailed Harvey Norman twice today but no reply

The team that deal with the money refunds are all working from home.

Once they read the email , they are quick in replying

They refunded me easy enough

Why do I get the feeling MS are trying to outsell the PS on launch? Talk is all about being happy in 2nd place (some would argue 3rd place), don't care about hardware sales, its all about subscriptions....but we outsold the Playstation at launch would be icing on the cake after the Bethesda acquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Preorders Back up on microsoft.ie again

out of stock for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Why do I get the feeling MS are trying to outsell the PS on launch? Talk is all about being happy in 2nd place (some would argue 3rd place), don't care about hardware sales, its all about subscriptions....but we outsold the Playstation at launch would be icing on the cake after the Bethesda acquisition.

Unlikely to outsell PS on launch if this tweet is to be believed

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1308121277572378624

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Btw people you can order from Microsoft's UK website. They ship to Irish Addresses and the GBP to EUR rate is good if you use Revolut or Curve.

A £250 Series S works out at €272.
    A £450 Series X works out at €490.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

As a new user, not having an xbox since the original what do I need to do with regard to xbox live to get the most out of it?

I see stuff about buying Gold subs and converting to Ultimate?

Created an account just now and want to be good to go for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

quarryman wrote: »
    out of stock for me.

they didn't last long. At a guess they have an allocation of consoles and if someone cancelled an order it my be available. I'd keep watching it if your looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

unhappys10 wrote: »
    As a new user, not having an xbox since the original what do I need to do with regard to xbox live to get the most out of it?

I see stuff about buying Gold subs and converting to Ultimate?

Created an account just now and want to be good to go for launch day.

You only get 1 chance at I think, basically you want to buy 2/3 years of gold subscription cheap as you can, then take up the €1 offer to convert it all to an ultimate subscription.

• Advertisement

You only get 1 chance at I think, basically you want to buy 2/3 years of gold subscription cheap as you can, then take up the €1 offer to convert it all to an ultimate subscription.

Guessing the €1 offer isn't going to last forever?
    Can I do all of this before getting the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Guessing the €1 offer isn't going to last forever?
    Can I do all of this before getting the console?

Yeah, I did it. 3 years of Xbox Live Gold (Brazil), upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate. All ready for the arrival of the Series S!

GazzaL wrote: »
    Yeah, I did it. 3 years of Xbox Live Gold (Brazil), upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate. All ready for the arrival of the Series S!

No problems with using Brazil codes? Need a VPN or anything when buying? Can I activate them without a console to take advantage of the €1 deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

No problems with using Brazil codes? Need a VPN or anything when buying? Can I activate them without a console to take advantage of the €1 deal?

I bought from CDKeys, no VPN needed when buying. You do need a VPN to apply the codes to your Microsoft account, like TunnelBear. No VPN needed then when doing the €1 upgrade. All done on a laptop.

These are the instructions that were posted to help me:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-brazil-ps2110-at-eneba-using-code-vpn-required-3536256

GazzaL wrote: »
    I bought from CDKeys, no VPN needed when buying. You do need a VPN to apply the codes to your Microsoft account, like TunnelBear. No VPN needed then when doing the €1 upgrade. All done on a laptop.

These are the instructions that were posted to help me:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-brazil-ps2110-at-eneba-using-code-vpn-required-3536256

Cool thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

lads does anyone know if I add money to my Microsoft account will it come off my pre order?

also what payment method is best for Brazil live gold on CD keys?
    it didnt work when I tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

lads does anyone know if I add money to my Microsoft account will it come off my pre order?

I have some money on mine and it picked both my balance and my credit card as payment methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

I messed up lads and added 2 extra months for turning off recurring payments so I therefore can't add on a third year,
    I have a spare 12 month Xbox live Brazil code bought of Eneba just there that i'll sell for 25 if anyone wants as it wont be any use to me as I might just upgrade now to get 26 months with ultimate rather than take a chance waiting till November and the offer gets pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

AH92 wrote: »
    I have a spare 12 month Xbox live Brazil code bought of Eneba just there that i'll sell for 25

After you upgrade to 2+ years of GPU, you can redeem this code on top to get another 4 months of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buritothecat

Hi

If anybody could offer me some advice

I have just pre ordered the xbox series S. Will my son be able to do crossplay on fortnite? somebody has just told me that its only available on the x version , hoping thats not true

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

All games that run on the Series X, will run on the Series S. The only difference is resolution. So if cross play is on Series X, it will be on Series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

kirkfx wrote: »
    Unlikely to outsell PS on launch if this tweet is to be believed

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1308121277572378624

Put it this way I think xbox will sell more down the line I think with the cheaper console for 300 and the Bethesda acquisition will get people who normally only buy a PlayStation to pick one of these up down the line as well. The long game I can see Microsoft might come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi

If anybody could offer me some advice

I have just pre ordered the xbox series S. Will my son be able to do crossplay on fortnite? somebody has just told me that its only available on the x version , hoping thats not true

thanks

It's isn't true fornite plays on everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buritothecat

It's isn't true fornite plays on everything

Oh great, thanks for clarifying that for me

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

pcadhain wrote: »
    Try changing payment to or from PayPal. I had the same error this morning

One of the guys in work is having the same problem. With PayPal did you get charged the full amount now?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

One of the guys in work is having the same problem. With PayPal did you get charged the full amount now?

Its charged just before dispatch. Just checked my recent transactions as its all good

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

pcadhain wrote: »
    Its charged just before dispatch. Just checked my recent transactions as its all good

I'll let him know thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

One problem with the Series X/S naming convention...

https://twitter.com/AndrewAlerts/status/1308497697775562752

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Has anyone taken gamestop up on the tradein offer (looked through a couple of pages and couldn't see). I'm not fussed about day 1 particularly but wondering if I can go in today with the One X & games and get put on the waiting list or something?

• Advertisement

I see some d!ckhead in Donegal on Donedeal with a PS5 and a Series X for 1k each.

Advertisement