Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

hots wrote: »
    Has anyone taken gamestop up on the tradein offer (looked through a couple of pages and couldn't see). I'm not fussed about day 1 particularly but wondering if I can go in today with the One X & games and get put on the waiting list or something?

I did yesterday. I bought 3 games in argos for 64 I think it was and traded them in with the console. Have level 3 card so was only 176 in the end. On a q not sure where he said might not get it on launch day they have to see with stock etc. Only took 5/10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I did yesterday. I bought 3 games in argos for 64 I think it was and traded them in with the console. Have level 3 card so was only 176 in the end. On a q not sure where he said might not get it on launch day they have to see with stock etc. Only took 5/10 mins

Good man thanks, I'll give something back to the thread, if you're buying the games to trade in the cheapest prices on amazon are (GBP):

AGE OF WONDERS PLANETFALL XBOX ONE 12.14
    BALDURS GATE ENHANCED EDITION XBOX ONE 16.5
    CALL OF CTHULHU XBOX ONE 17
    DISNEY CLASSIC GAMES: ALADDIN AND THE LION KING XBOX ONE 19
    ASSASSINS CREED 3 REMASTERED XBOX ONE 22.6
    FADE TO SILENCE XBOX ONE 23.5
    ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE XBOX ONE 24.9

Good man thanks, I'll give something back to the thread, if you're buying the games to trade in the cheapest prices on amazon are (GBP):

You can get 3 games cheaper then what I paid in smyths from the list for 60 ghost recon 20, resident evil 2 ps4 2 and the Disney lion King game 20. I just didn't have time to drive up and get them from there. Just gamestop's list can change fast enough if ordering from amazon might of changed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

You can get 3 games cheaper then what I paid in smyths from the list for 60 ghost recon 20, resident evil 2 ps4 2 and the Disney lion King game 20. I just didn't have time to drive up and get them from there. Just gamestop's list can change fast enough if ordering from amazon might of changed by then.

I didn't even think about checking prices for the games on the other platforms, ah well not to worry. One other question, do you need to handover just the machine or all wires and a controller too?

I didn't even think about checking prices for the games on the other platforms, ah well not to worry. One other question, do you need to handover just the machine or all wires and a controller too?

Yeah hdmi wire, plug wire and controller. I didn't give the controller charger wire. Had it in my pocket incase they asked for it. But they didn't for that wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I see some d!ckhead in Donegal on Donedeal with a PS5 and a Series X for 1k each.

and so the scalping begins, hopefully there will be a lot more stock to come so people like him/her can't profit

and so the scalping begins, hopefully there will be a lot more stock to come so people like him/her can't profit

I see there is still stock to pre order the s version in smyths anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Guessing the €1 offer isn't going to last forever?
    Can I do all of this before getting the console?
    You only get 1 chance at I think, basically you want to buy 2/3 years of gold subscription cheap as you can, then take up the €1 offer to convert it all to an ultimate subscription.

Just to clarify, you only get one chance at the £€1 conversion offer. However, if you have already used it and your GPU has expired, you can stack XBL subs again (Brazil is cheap) and convert buy simply buying a 1 Month (or more) GPU sub.

Granted if you do it right the first time and stack 36 months of XBL before using the £€1 conversion, you'll likely never need the slightly more expensive option as I think XBL will be done away with within those 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

They don't have to be Xbox games, so I went with Aladdin/Lion King, Mario Rabbids and Overcooked 2, all on Switch.

If I'm left with those, I won't cry too much, although I already have Mario-Rabbids in digital format.

I really don't want to trade yet though. Was half thinking of waiting until October and hoping the games list remains untouched. I want my One X for a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

that's a good value option IMO, thankfully I managed to get an X pre ordered myself.
    getting a 120 HZ Tv on the other hand is way out of my price range at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

theteal wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you only get one chance at the £€1 conversion offer. However, if you have already used it and your GPU has expired, you can stack XBL subs again (Brazil is cheap) and convert buy simply buying a 1 Month (or more) GPU sub.

Granted if you do it right the first time and stack 36 months of XBL before using the £€1 conversion, you'll likely never need the slightly more expensive option as I think XBL will be done away with within those 3 years.

Yeh I'm going to do it today or tomorrow, 3 years of XBL and convert, great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

Will they take 3 of the same game from the list in GameStop?

Will they take 3 of the same game from the list in GameStop?

No, or they are not obliged to anyway,

"Applies to purchase of standard edition only. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative.
    Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale. Valid in-store only. List is subject to change."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Celtic_Warrior6

druss wrote: »

"Applies to purchase of standard edition only. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative.
    Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale. Valid in-store only. List is subject to change."

Cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Same on the Microsoft site. I wonder did they just flood the market or just a low uptake. The S seems to have sold out in the US so strange they wouldn't relocate the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Does anyone have an idea what Cex etc are offering for the Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

What version console did you trade in?

Vudgie wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea what Cex etc are offering for the Xbox One?

https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=xbox%20one%20x&view=list&categoryIds=994

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Question for you fine folks, I placed a pre order with GameStop, plan on a trade in. Do i need to do that now or can I do that when i collect on the day? Do GameStop need to be notified?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

BrookieD wrote: »
    Question for you fine folks, I placed a pre order with GameStop, plan on a trade in. Do i need to do that now or can I do that when i collect on the day? Do GameStop need to be notified?

Thanks in advance

I speculating but I don't think it would be the best idea to trade in your console on the day. Its going to be hectic as it is on launch (presuming you are talking about launch day). And what if the trade-in value depreciated between now and then?

I would, if possible, trade in your console as soon as as possible, so they have the store credit added to your account. You never know, but that might even help you secure your console over someone that plans on trading on the day.

Again, this is just me speculating. I actually don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

@Hexago Sun - Cheers mate, thanks for the info

I can't imagine they will do trade-ins on the day. It can take them a good half hour to check consoles when they're running their usual trade-in promotions. I'd say they would flat-out refuse on the day a console launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks in advance

When, I switched from PS4 to PS4 pro, I went in a few days before hand and did the trade in against my PS4 pro. They generally don't do trade in's on a launch day (they told me at the time), as its very busy. So trade in sometime before launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks in advance

Have you paid in full?

Would be best to trade in now as they might change the values by launch. You can use the credit towards the Series X and pay balance at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

druss wrote: »

They wont take 3 games for same transaction.

If you were ordering 2 console and trading in 2 then they would take the same game twice seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

**This is a response to another thread that got merged.

Any game your lad bought through his gamer profile should be able to be downloaded again on the Series X and saved games, saved to the cloud should exist on Micrsoft's servers, so he wont lose his progress in games.

He should be able to be in a party/online chat with friends over Xbox Live, no problem. In fact, he should still be able to play with friends on older games and older hardware.

From Reddit from a guy asking same question:
    "You’ll be able to play with people on Xbox One whist you’re on a Series X; Microsoft have made it plain they aren’t splitting the community between generations anymore, all XB1 accessories like controllers and headsets will work on SX as well. So don’t worry, you won’t be leaving your friends behind."

So is it worthy buying Level 3 just for the launch and trade? Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Anyone else noticed the gamestop trade in list for xbox stops at F!

Same on the Microsoft site. I wonder did they just flood the market or just a low uptake. The S seems to have sold out in the US so strange they wouldn't relocate the stock.

Wonder if to do with the plug and are boxed up and already sealed to go come November

• Advertisement

What version console did you trade in?

Xbox one x

Advertisement