Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone know the 3 cheapest games you can pick up to trade in?

Does the list of games change quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

xtal191 wrote: »
    Anyone know the 3 cheapest games you can pick up to trade in?

Does the list of games change quickly?

It usually changes at the end of the month.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 PS4 is €20 in GameStop, Resident Evil 2 PS is €20 in Smyths. Disney Aladdin is €20 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Has anyone else still not received any confirmation from pc world? Pre ordered on the Tuesday batch but never received a confirmation. Only the 5€ taken

Any update?

I ordered mine Wednesday afternoon (not terribly hopeful). Still no email. If it’s not going to be on release day I feel like I’ll wait until next year at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Any update?

I ordered mine Wednesday afternoon (not terribly hopeful). Still no email. If it’s not going to be on release day I feel like I’ll wait until next year at this stage...

I would be interested to know if anyone has got the confirmation email too, no luck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yakuza Kiwami 2 PS4 is €20 in GameStop, Resident Evil 2 PS is €20 in Smyths. Disney Aladdin is €20 in Smyths.

Not seeing RE2 on smyths site. Is that in store?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like we'll be getting some hands on impressions soon, at least of the BC stuff and UI anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yeah its the same battery just with a USB-C as opposed to a USB-Micro.

Well, if it's the same battery, then there'll be no issues. I thought it might be bigger capacity or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nice one, may as well wait until the 1st to see if the list changes.

I'm guessing the games don't have to be from the one console then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

For those asking, fellow Currys/PC World pre-order person here.

No email as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

xtal191 wrote: »
    Nice one, may as well wait until the 1st to see if the list changes.

I'm guessing the games don't have to be from the one console then?
    No, I traded in my Xbox One X with 2 Xbox One games and 1 PS4 game and nothing was said.

As long as the games are on the Trade List it's grand regardless of console.

• Advertisement

Not seeing RE2 on smyths site. Is that in store?

Not seeing it on the site either, seen that price in store last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yeah its the same battery just with a USB-C as opposed to a USB-Micro.

Ok, good to hear.

Was reading comments on Unbox Therapy video where he revealed the controller and extra storage and lots of Sony fans on dissing Xbox that you still have to get a play and charge kit.

But the truth is you don't have to buy them and you've got lots of options including using your own rechargeables.

I think it's the right option as Sony's internal battery does deterioate over time an is more difficult to replace.

Serious Fanboyism, watching Xbox related content just to comment like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's a new Video regard Series X and S, from Tom Warren @ the Verge. Not too much new information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ok, good to hear.

Was reading comments on Unbox Therapy video where he revealed the controller and extra storage and lots of Sony fans on dissing Xbox that you still have to get a play and charge kit.

But the truth is you don't have to buy them and you've got lots of options including using your own rechargeables.

I think it's the right option as Sony's internal battery does deterioate over time an is more difficult to replace.

I haven't bothered with play and charge kits since the 360. They die eventually, are far more expensive to replace than some AA rechargeables, and you would need a spare one to ensure you never have to play with the controller plugged in to a power source which again is much more expensive than two spare rechargeable AAs.

Also I can expense in AA batteries through my company, Xbox play and charge kits not so much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

https://www.twitch.tv/tomwarren this guy is playing series x now live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Have my play and charge kit about 5 years now.

Completed my trade in for the One S(€138) and the PS4 Pro(€287.50), got a combined €425.50 trade value leaving me with €24.50 to pay off for the Series X.

• Advertisement

Completed my trade in for the One S(€138) and the PS4 Pro(€287.50), got a combined €425.50 trade value leaving me with €24.50 to pay off for the Series X.

nice work sir, any word on how Gta V might run on Series X yet?
    It's one of my favourites even after all this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

nice work sir, any word on how Gta V might run on Series X yet?
    It's one of my favourites even after all this time

One of the videos (can't remember which one) mentioned they can't show that yet. Might be something to do with there no doubt being some sort of next gen version that will require another purchase :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Was that a One S 500GB ?

How long to wait before the new X is in your hands?

Treppen wrote: »
    Was that a One S 500GB ?

How long to wait before the new X is in your hands?

Yeah 500gb One S, €120 trade plus 15%. Have a Series X sorted for November 10th, still have a One X until then. Will miss the PS4 though as I mainly play Destiny 2 on that platform, just too much a dip in value to leave it beyond Wednesday. GameStop are boosting Switch and PS4 Pro trade values this month to €250, expect the PS4 Pro to drop to a maximum of €180 on Thursday.

I expect Series X to be inherently better at back compat - in terms of existing games just working, uncapped games having better framerate etc - than PS5. I'm basing that on the system software, and the groundwork they have been laying for several years.

The fact that they are showing it off already, letting journalists play around with it on actual hardware units would seem to support this. They are confident, bullish even. You show off your strengths and hide your weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Some really good gains in there. Can't wait now, it's starting to get more real.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Yeah 500gb One S, €120 trade plus 15%. Have a Series X sorted for November 10th, still have a One X until then. Will miss the PS4 though as I mainly play Destiny 2 on that platform, just too much a dip in value to leave it beyond Wednesday. GameStop are boosting Switch and PS4 Pro trade values this month to €250, expect the PS4 Pro to drop to a maximum of €180 on Thursday.

Wow that’s great value! Do you know what you need to trade in with that? Do you need the HDMI/microUSB cable, the earphones? Was gonna gift my PS4 pro to a friend but feck that now, hah!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Between getting a pre-order in and these videos coming out I'm like a kid counting down to days to November 10 as if it's Christmas.

• Advertisement

Wow that’s great value! Do you know what you need to trade in with that? Do you need the HDMI/microUSB cable, the earphones? Was gonna gift my PS4 pro to a friend but feck that now, hah!

Console, controller, hdmi, micro usb and the power cable.

The trade boost ends on Wednesday. The base trade value will drop from €250 to €180 at most.

Advertisement