Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Series S is back on sale at Amazon if anyone was looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lamposts wrote: »
    Series S is back on sale at Amazon if anyone was looking for one.

They're also on Xbox Website which may be a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    its always going to sell out at this stage, not enough supply

I went in to gamestop on saturday last, and changed my preorder from the Series S to the X. guy behind the counter couldn't give the slightest commitment on when I'd have it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

BigGpu380 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely surprised by the demand of the Series X. It's awesome to see though.

Why? it's going to be an amazing console

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I went in to gamestop on saturday last, and changed my preorder from the Series S to the X. guy behind the counter couldn't give the slightest commitment on when I'd have it though.

What made you change? Were you worried about performance or was the S originally supposed to be your Gamespass console and you were getting the PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How can he.
    You only pre-ordered a series x on Saturday, I'd be surprised if you get it this year.

At a guess there are a few hundred on a list ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

bazzz wrote: »
    I did it today in GS, Xbox One X and three of the list games. Got €326 in total,
    using my level four card. Then just paid off the rest.

Same done here, all nice and easy, lads in Henry St more than helpful.

ZiabR wrote: »
    What made you change? Were you worried about performance or was the S originally supposed to be your Gamespass console and you were getting the PS5?

I've moved to PC recently, so was happy with my decision on the S.
    however, as more details emerged regarding the the price of the add on storage, and taking into account the reduced capabilty of the backwards compatibility, considering the fact that I have 2 fairly decent 4k HDR tvs, I felt it was perhaps a bit of a false economy to not spend the extra few euros for the premium console.

F1ngers wrote: »
    How can he.
    You only pre-ordered a series x on Saturday, I'd be surprised if you get it this year.

At a guess there are a few hundred on a list ahead of you.

I'm not fussed about the wait time for the console, have a good pc so no panic, just happy I got to avail of a good trade in rate on my one X.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alongwaytotipp

Any thoughts on where are my best chances of getting the Series X in time for Christmas as I haven't yet placed an order anywhere ? Gamestop giving no commitment on delivery and asking for a €50 deposit. Cannot order with Amazon, Microsoft or Smyths until November. Lots available on ebay of course but I'm not paying those opportunists ! Any suggestions ?

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on where are my best chances of getting the Series X in time for Christmas as I haven't yet placed an order anywhere ? Gamestop giving no commitment on delivery and asking for a €50 deposit. Cannot order with Amazon, Microsoft or Smyths until November. Lots available on ebay of course but I'm not paying those opportunists ! Any suggestions ?

Id keep an eye on Microsoft, they're realistically the only ones who can guarantee the availability of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Why? it's going to be an amazing console

And there's a global pandemic with subsequent lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

My gamestop pre order "join the queue" xbox series x order was reverted... money is now back in my Revolut.

No communication/email from Gamestop though.

This happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Only get €144/€148(boxed) for the One X now in CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Nedved85 wrote: »
    My gamestop pre order "join the queue" xbox series x order was reverted... money is now back in my Revolut.

That doesn’t sound good. When did you join the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

xtal191 wrote: »

i may just try to put mine on adverts and swap for a switch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    That doesn’t sound good. When did you join the queue?

The morning that pre orders commenced.

Strange that there is no email though..

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I got quoted 198 today for a boxed one x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I have a series X pre ordered on Microsoft that I’m not going to take as I’ve purchased the S instead. Is there any way I can transfer the X to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

FYI anyone that preordered from Curry’s, just been in contact with them and they say pre-order confirmations are STILL being sent out. As long as you have a pre-order number, the order is secure.

First Xbox ever and so excited!

• Advertisement

New prices on their website, unless its a mistake

https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=xbox%20one%20x%201tb

Looks like Gamestop changed the trade in list, a few games aren't on it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nedved85 wrote: »

Happened to PS5 pre orders too. Give them a call I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

On the note of pre-orders, I'm guessing nobody else has heard from Currys yet on theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Was that not as store credit?

Cash has been €148 since I checked last week.

On the note of pre-orders, I'm guessing nobody else has heard from Currys yet on theirs?

Someone mentioned that just a few posts above yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Looks like Gamestop changed the trade in list, a few games aren't on it anymore

Yeah. I checked the list this morning. Luckily, I've three non-priority Switch games to trade, although I'd prefer to hang onto Binding of Isaac.

I was going to bring in my One X earlier this week, but will hold for a bit further into October now.

druss wrote: »
    Yeah. I checked the list this morning. Luckily, I've three non-priority Switch games to trade, although I'd prefer to hang onto Binding of Isaac.

I was going to bring in my One X earlier this week, but will hold for a bit further into October now.

Wonder if you'd get a Series X this side of Christmas with Gamestop if you trade in this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wonder if you'd get a Series X this side of Christmas with Gamestop if you trade in this month

I put a deposit down a while back. The trade-in will go against that pre-order. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

My gamestop order is showing as confirmed on the website with a comment that the console will be available for collection in my chosen store on release day.
    Hoping that that means the order isn't going to be pushed back but from reading online I'm not confident.

Advertisement