Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Nedved85 wrote: »
    My gamestop pre order "join the queue" xbox series x order was reverted... money is now back in my Revolut.

No communication/email from Gamestop though.

This happened anyone else?
    Happened to PS5 pre orders too. Give them a call I would say
    Have a read of the replies in the GS Twitter thread regarding PS5 pre-orders.
    Same thing happened to people pre ordering PS5 "join the queue".

GS replied to some, saying it was just for authorization purposes and their
    queue place is still good.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1309484015997550592?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Was that not as store credit?

Cash has been €148 since I checked last week.

No was definitely cash , I went into the one in d2 and the controller was 31 euro boxed

Maybe prices have been updated immediately after , who knows ?

But that’s what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

No was definitely cash , I went into the one in d2 and the controller was 31 euro boxed

Maybe prices have been updated immediately after , who knows ?

But that’s what I was told

Was definitely 198 for boxed One X when I checked last week. They dropped it fast. I was thinking of trading mine but I'd hang onto it before I'd sell a boxed One X to them for 148

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Birneybau wrote: »
    And there's a global pandemic with subsequent lockdowns.

very true, it seems like a wise investment right now.
    there's nothing quite like an online game with friends to pass the time when you cant get out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Hi guys, new here. I can't see anyone mention this but in the mad scramble to preorder a new Xbox Harvey Norman seem to have charged me 3 times, I only just noticed it. Now I'd normally give them a shout but it seems they don't have a contact number for internet orders and I just know that if I do get to speak to someone about it they'll accidentally cancel all orders, it's inevitable. So I just wondered if they will send back that money without me having to chase it? I only have one order confirmation email from them.

• Advertisement

Probes wrote: »
    Hi guys, new here. I can't see anyone mention this but in the mad scramble to preorder a new Xbox Harvey Norman seem to have charged me 3 times, I only just noticed it. Now I'd normally give them a shout but it seems they don't have a contact number for internet orders and I just know that if I do get to speak to someone about it they'll accidentally cancel all orders, it's inevitable. So I just wondered if they will send back that money without me having to chase it? I only have one order confirmation email from them.

I was in the exact same boat. You need to email online.customerservice@ie.harveynorman.com, and they will sort you out. I had the grand back in my account within a few days.

Probably going to cancel the preorder that went through as well, as I have one in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Similar happened to me , was charged twice , same order number but one email confirm

Email them at this address:

Online.customerservice@ie.harveynorman.com

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Thanks guys, I've emailed them, just nervous that they'll end up cancelling my order by mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Thanks guys, I've emailed them, just nervous that they'll end up cancelling my order by mistake!

I had a bit of hassle as I was charged once on PayPal and once on my debit card but managed to cancel both and get refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

When I cancelled I got an email regarding my order to confirm I wanted to delete it. It was from carrickmines store but I was convinced I clicked home delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Do Gamestop accept the same game if its on different consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

xtal191 wrote: »
    Do Gamestop accept the same game if its on different consoles?

Yes, it is counted as a different title in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been out of the Xbox ecosystem for a good few years now but I'm considering a Series S. I've a question about backwards compatibility on the Series S.

As it is a digital only machine, is there any way to validate you own 360 games and get a digital copy? Or, is it simply that you just have to rebuy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I've been out of the Xbox ecosystem for a good few years now but I'm considering a Series S. I've a question about backwards compatibility on the Series S.

As it is a digital only machine, is there any way to validate you own 360 games and get a digital copy? Or, is it simply that you just have to rebuy them?

Yeah we are changing from an Xbox one to a series s so it would be a shame to lose the physical copies of games we have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

If you own digital copies from previous consoles, you're golden. If you have 360 or Xbox One disks, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone have any headset recommendations for Series X and PS5 wireless ones..

Looking to spend 200 to 300 but don't want to buy one that won't be compatible with both consoles.. Argos seem to be selling arctis headsets which are either xbox or playstation, do they work wirelessly with both?

Will be getting both consoles on launch.. Is wired the way to go for headsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looking to spend 200 to 300 but don't want to buy one that won't be compatible with both consoles.. Argos seem to be selling arctis headsets which are either xbox or playstation, do they work wirelessly with both?

Astro A20 Gen 2. You need separate dongles for both consoles, but you can buy the opposite dongle to the one packaged with the headset and connect with both. You will need to resync when switching consoles though.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-eu/products/headsets/xbox/a20-gen-2.html

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-eu/products/headsets/playstation/a20-gen-2-usb-transmitter.html#943-000388

€120 for the headset and an additional €20 for the second dongle direct from Astro.

Astro A20 Gen 2. You need separate dongles for both consoles, but you can buy the opposite dongle to the one packaged with the headset and connect with both. You will need to resync when switching consoles though.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-eu/products/headsets/xbox/a20-gen-2.html

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-eu/products/headsets/playstation/a20-gen-2-usb-transmitter.html#943-000388

€120 for the headset and an additional €20 for the second dongle direct from Astro.

Would they be better than the PS Gold Headset which I currently have... Was thinking 200 to 300 would get me a headset that would make my Gold Headset look bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

I bought seperate headsets for my XB1 and PS4. Double the battery life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I've only owned 3 headsets that weren't the cheap ones that come with the console. 1 of them was Turtle Beach, low-end job and the other I can't remember. Both of them were rubbish.. however..

My current headset is the Arctis 5. I'm sure you'll read reviews about how comfortable they are and the great build quality. I'm very impressed by these. I've been using them for a year. No regrets. Nothing has cropped up that made me doubt my decision. They are great value. You could probably for for a newer release that Arctis 5.

This blog from Arctis Steal Series says the Xbox (Arctis 1 and 3) works with PS5 as well. It's a bit confusing because when you click on their own link it doesn't say it's compatible with PS5 as well. But go through their list, their lower-end and mid-range models seem to have dual compatibility.
    https://steelseries.com/blog/arctis-xbox-series-x-playstation-5-compatibility-headsets-344#:~:text=We're%20excited%20to%20announce,and%20other%20next%2Dgen%20issues.

My one is PC/Xbox compatible.
    purchase-gallery-arctis-5-2019-black-laypng__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-3.png__1920x1080_q100_crop-fit_optimize_subsampling-2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are there any wireless earbuds that would work the the Series X? Need to get a pair after getting a phone without a headphone port and would be handy to kill two birds.

This YouTube clip has me seriously pumped for the Series X. Some amazing stuff coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Time will tell doh there no real first party title that has me excited maybe with them buying zenimax that might change. starfield and elders scrolls 6 are years away from being launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hard to know I'd wait until both consoles release Sony are pushing this proprietary 3d surround not sure what Microsoft plans. Astro are saying they will release updates for their current headsets to make them work with PS5 they are talking about a "HDMI to optical"convertor for sound output to the Astro Mix amp.
    Anyway unless buying the official Sony or Microsoft headsets

Hard to know I'd wait until both consoles release Sony are pushing this proprietary 3d surround not sure what Microsoft plans. Astro are saying they will release updates for their current headsets to make them work with PS5 they are talking about a "HDMI to optical"convertor for sound output to the Astro Mix amp.

I was gonna buy the PS5 3D audio headset but at 99euro it seems like it won't be as good as other headsets..

Was tempted to go with the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro for 200euro now... Headsets are easily one of the hardest decisions when it comes to gaming haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft are going with Dolby Atmos, which does much the same thing as the PS5 sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

A moments silence for my Turtle Beach 800x. Gone too soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The more I hear about retailers emailing to say that people might not be able to get their orders on launch day, the happier I am that I managed to snag one from MS themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CatInABox wrote: »
    The more I hear about retailers emailing to say that people might not be able to get their orders on launch day, the happier I am that I managed to snag one from MS themselves.

I'm hoping that I won't get any phone calls or emails from Gameshtop saying that I can't get my Series X on day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

druss wrote: »
    A moments silence for my Turtle Beach 800x. Gone too soon.

Battery?

Advertisement