Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pcadhain wrote: »
    Anyone else get their Xbox Series X cancelled in an email from Microsoft? I ordered within 10 minutes of the Series X going live on the 22nd of September. No warning and no payment issues (its the same Paypal on my account that I've recently used to buy games and DLC with). I got it at 4am this morning

https://imgur.com/a/jk4f0av

That's a bit concerning. Is it definitely cancelled on your Microsoft account page as well? Give them a call pcadhain, and let us all know how you get on please.

Man, I thought I was going to avoid all this messing by going with MS, turns out they might be as bad as the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You don't need to call them, they can be quite good using the website Chat facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Check you store history guys

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/j4i7sm/microsoft_store_cancelled_my_xbox_series_x_pre/

Not sure you can just trust what's said on there, but
    MSFT Support Chat: "Your pre order looks just fine. it does look like we have a bug in our systems that's why you can't see the pre order on your end. out engineers are working on this issue. but there's nothing wrong with your pre order"

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Just home from work and just finished chat. It's cancelled because on the morning of the preorders, Bank of Ireland temporarily froze my card until I would text back that yes, I recognise that charge of 499 so soon after preordering the PS5. It had an authorisation error linked from day one that was out of my hands so now it's gone to someone else. I asked if there's any chance of changing payment methods or having enough of a paypal balance but unfortunately, it's gone to someone else.

Unless I get very lucky with Argos or somewhere, it'll be the first launch day Xbox or Playstation that I miss since 2002.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Check you store history guys

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/j4i7sm/microsoft_store_cancelled_my_xbox_series_x_pre/

Not sure you can just trust what's said on there, but

In those cases, the order had simply vanished. I was hoping mine was the same but it was straight-up cancelled. Thanks for looking though. Guess I have to stick with a PS5 for now like a pleb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just home from work and just finished chat. It's cancelled because on the morning of the preorders, Bank of Ireland temporarily froze my card until I would text back that yes, I recognise that charge of 499 so soon after preordering the PS5. It had an authorisation error linked from day one that was out of my hands so now it's gone to someone else. I asked if there's any chance of changing payment methods or having enough of a paypal balance but unfortunately, it's gone to someone else.

Unless I get very lucky with Argos or somewhere, it'll be the first launch day Xbox or Playstation that I miss since 2002.

Posted this already but I have a pre order with MS for a series x that I’m not going to take, not sure if it’s possible to transfer the reservation to you? I bought a series s instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Yep my order is gone. They can't tell me why, they think it might be my bank rejecting the request from Microsoft but couldn't be sure.

Edit: so I got through to sales who told me my bank, Revolut, rejected the transaction. No option to change payment methods, just cancelled, only option is to try and pre order series S again. Gutted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In those cases, the order had simply vanished. I was hoping mine was the same but it was straight-up cancelled. Thanks for looking though. Guess I have to stick with a PS5 for now like a pleb.

Pfftt, peasant!

In all seriousness, that's some rough luck, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

That a shame if you had the €500 in Microsoft credit you would had being fine.My Xbox series x full paid off and have money left over from converting my Microsoft rewards points into Microsoft credit.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Posted this already but I have a pre order with MS for a series x that I’m not going to take, not sure if it’s possible to transfer the reservation to you? I bought a series s instead

Thanks a million for the offer but it'll only be more hassle for you than it's worth. I'll set up alerts for a few different stores and get it as soon as it pops up.
    rob808 wrote: »
    That a shame if you had the €500 in Microsoft credit you would had being fine.My Xbox series x full paid off and have money left over from converting my Microsoft rewards points into Microsoft credit.

I had it in mind to buy from Smyths first thing in the morning but that red minion of death said not today. I was hesitant in using Microsoft only because of a few bad experiences with UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Yep my order is gone. They can't tell me why, they think it might be my bank rejecting the request from Microsoft but couldn't be sure.

Edit: so I got through to sales who told me my bank, Revolut, rejected the transaction. No option to change payment methods, just cancelled, only option is to try and pre order series S again. Gutted

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, the idea of them trying to charge so early has me worried though.

I thought I'd read on their website we wouldn't be charged until dispatch, and so I don't have the full amount in the bank yet.

Derek.. wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of your bad luck, the idea of them trying to charge so early has me worried though.

I thought I'd read on their website we wouldn't be charged until dispatch, and so I don't have the full amount in the bank yet.

They weren't changing me. It was more like a pre check on the account or something. I just spoke to revolut too and they said there was no transaction request from Microsoft on my account. No idea what's going on

They weren't changing me. It was more like a pre check on the account or something. I just spoke to revolut too and they said there was no transaction request from Microsoft on my account. No idea what's going on

It is quite a strange situation and unfair to say the least.

A few people I know are still waiting for confirmation from Currys, seems like a lot of messing around this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Apparently the Series X gets really hot.

https://gamerant.com/xbox-series-x-overheating-issues/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Apparently thats already been debunked.

Apparently thats already been debunked.

Indeed, no warmer than a One X is the general consensus. Really don't get how this was even a rumour, to be honest. They've literally sent out hundreds of these things to people all over the world, where people can touch and play with it to their hearts content. If it was a problem, then Microsoft wouldn't have sent any out.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Tom Warren from The Verge on Twitter:
    lots of people keep asking me about Xbox Series X heat. I’m under embargo. Just consider this, Microsoft wouldn’t send these consoles to 100s of journalists, streamers, and youtubers if they had heat issues. They just wouldn’t let people touch the console at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I eventually got this resolved. I was onto their chat help desk who couldn't tell me what happened but did help me ore order the series S from the Polish MS store. Will still cost the same and free postage. Hopefully this bank won't reject the check/payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

So I eventually got this resolved. I was onto their chat help desk who couldn't tell me what happened but did help me ore order the series S from the Polish MS store. Will still cost the same and free postage. Hopefully this bank won't reject the check/payment.

Whats the story with the warranty if you buy it from outside ireland? I see they have the series x listed as available to buy in the polish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Whats the story with the warranty if you buy it from outside ireland? I see they have the series x listed as available to buy in the polish store.

You'll have the manufacturers warranty from Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    I would imagine it be the same because there a EU country.It be different if you buy it outside of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1313586798296289287?s=20

They misspelt his name and said that he works for Giant Bomb rather than CNET.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems GameStop are doing a discounted Cyberpunk for anyone with a next gen order.

images_IE_CYBERPUNK-PO_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Seems GameStop are doing a discounted Cyberpunk for anyone with a next gen order.

images_IE_CYBERPUNK-PO_04.jpg

I had my phone beside me and just got that as an email alert from Gamestop. Mini-heart jump while I thought it's about my pre-order. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Cyberpunk is going to look so sweet on the Series X (once the enhancement patch drops).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Im late to the preorder party I know but son is looking gor an Xbox X for xmas..thought i could preorder with gamestop or smyths but no dice..

Anyone any ideas when i can preorder again and whats the chances of getting one for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd say direct from Microsoft is your best bet now. No idea when they'll be available to order again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1313586798296289287?s=20

They misspelt his name and said that he works for Giant Bomb rather than CNET.

I've just watched the video. He was actually referring to the expansion card, saying it was hot when he removed it but with respect, NVME SSD cards run at circa 70 Celsius under load. That is completely normal and nothing to worry about. Its all media bull****, trying to stir **** out of nothing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Im late to the preorder party I know but son is looking gor an Xbox X for xmas..thought i could preorder with gamestop or smyths but no dice..

Anyone any ideas when i can preorder again and whats the chances of getting one for xmas

They're still in stock on the polish site: https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/p/xbox-series-x/8wj714n3rbtl?icid=Cat-Xbox-Hero1-CTA1-XSX

I'm tempted to try grab one from there myself.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They're still in stock on the polish site:

I'm tempted to try grab one from there myself.

I would consider this, I've been tasked with getting one for the nephew myself.
    I assumed I had secured one from Currys 2 weeks ago but still no email.
    It's from Santa so I'm feeling the pressure now!

Advertisement