Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

xtal191 wrote: »
    Can you still trade in the One X and 3 games to Gamestop?
    Yes, that offer will be available until launch.

Games list might change too. I plan on handing over my One X and games in last week of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Think it's only available to people who have a confirmed order with GS for one of those consoles

Is it a discount on Cyberpunk?

Anyone know how much of a discount it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It discounts Cyberpunk down to €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You save €20 with the discount. Series X + Cyberpunk for 539.99 so the game is costing you €39.99.

The game is launching at €59.99 on Microsoft, Argos, Smyths etc. So that's about €75 in Gamestop... oh I am a fickle so and so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Haven't pre ordered it yet but not worried if I don't get it day one, think there is a separate thread but what would be a good tv to get to suit the series X (around €500-600)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

ZiabR wrote: »
    You save €20 with the discount. Series X + Cyberpunk for 539.99 so the game is costing you €39.99.

The game is launching at €59.99 on Microsoft, Argos, Smyths etc. So that's about €75 in Gamestop... oh I am a fickle so and so :)

Now if gamestop just told people who will definitely be getting the console on launch day then may be able to avail of that offer.

Hococop wrote: »
    Haven't pre ordered it yet but not worried if I don't get it day one, think there is a separate thread but what would be a good tv to get to suit the series X (around €500-600)

For 500-600 you will find it very hard to get a TV that will get the use out of Series X.

You need to be looking for HDMI 2.1, HDR 10(minimum) or HDR 10+, high refresh rates, 4k display etc.

For 500-600 you will find that next to impossible. If I were you I would get onto Richersounds.ie and ask the lads for advice on TVs within your budget. They will be able to help you get them most out of your money.

They also have a presence on boards and are highly thought of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For 500-600 you will find it very hard to get a TV that will get the use out of Series X.

You need to be looking for HDMI 2.1, HDR 10(minimum) or HDR 10+, high refresh rates, 4k display etc.

For 500-600 you will find that next to impossible. If I were you I would get onto Richersounds.ie and ask the lads for advice on TVs within your budget. They will be able to help you get them most out of your money.

They also have a presence on boards and are highly thought of.

That spec list is probably reaching a bit high for that budget.

If I was buying in that range, I'd be looking for a HDR10 panel (making sure it's a 10 bit panel, not an 8 bit panel that is HDR10 compatible) with 4k.

It'll look great, but if you spend more, you'll obviously get a much better screen, better able to utilise all the tech that the Series X has. At that price, it's all trade offs, to be honest.

Second recommendation for Richersounds though, they seem like sound folk, and one of the nice things is that they're employee owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

[HTML][/HTML]
    Derek.. wrote: »
    I would consider this, I've been tasked with getting one for the nephew myself.
    I assumed I had secured one from Currys 2 weeks ago but still no email.
    It's from Santa so I'm feeling the pressure now!

I also pre ordered on Currys and got no e-mail (they took my €5 and I have screenshot of the preorder number).
    Rang them this morning so see if my preorder in the system and they said they're getting tons of similar calls and they are working through it.

So maybe its ok how knows! similar here where it will be on Santa list so fingers crossed!

GameStop Corp and Microsoft Corp on Thursday signed a multi-year partnership agreement under which the videogame retailer will use the software maker's cloud and hardware services to streamline its business.

To me, Microsoft have contracted Gonorrhea... and the Plague is well and truly alive.

On a serious note, Microsoft may have just saved Gamestop from going under. I was expecting them to close within 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

GameStop Corp and Microsoft Corp on Thursday signed a multi-year partnership agreement under which the videogame retailer will use the software maker's cloud and hardware services to streamline its business.

To me, Microsoft have contracted Gonorrhea... and the Plague is well and truly alive.

On a serious note, Microsoft may have just saved Gamestop from going under. I was expecting them to close within 12 months.

I see reference to Xbox All Access in there. If that is rolled out globally via GameStop, that would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I still can't see Gamestop surviving even with this deal.

More and more people, myself included,are going digital and PS 5 and MS are now offering digital only consoles.

So they'll be dependent on Consoles sales and gaming merchandise in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

murpho999 wrote: »
    I still can't see Gamestop surviving even with this deal.

More and more people, myself included,are going digital and PS 5 and MS are now offering digital only consoles.

So they'll be dependent on Consoles sales and gaming merchandise in future.

Not me, digital is a rip off compared to disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I'm with you on this, I still prefer physical games rather than digital, and find they are better value too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I think that's just a deal where Gamestop use MS products in their shops, so they will use surface devices and their cloud based software like Microsoft Dynamics. I don't think this is anything more than that from what I read, it's not like GS stores will have MS branding on them or anything and the average consumer won't even know anything has changed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I rarely buy games soon after release anymore, I usually wait at least 9 months or so. The digital price is usually pretty good in a sale then, and the convenience of having it digitally far outweighs the cheaper cost of buying a physical copy.

I miss out on the zeitgeist of experiencing a game at the same time as everyone else, but to be honest, I don't miss that anymore either. By the time that I get around to it, it's gone through several patches, and most of the issues are fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://youtu.be/DIMAujZpry0

First tv ad looks pretty amazing and sweet Labrinth track *gets excited*

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

[HTML][/HTML]

I also pre ordered on Currys and got no e-mail (they took my €5 and I have screenshot of the preorder number).
    Rang them this morning so see if my preorder in the system and they said they're getting tons of similar calls and they are working through it.

So maybe its ok how knows! similar here where it will be on Santa list so fingers crossed!
    This is what customer care sent me about it by email.

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your email dated 7th October 2020.

We have been made aware that a number of customers who have successfully placed a pre-order for both the new Xbox and PS5 have not received the confirmation email. We are working to fix this issue, and you should receive the mail shortly. You will also receive a second email shortly before release to advise on the process to complete your order. This should be received around the 22nd October

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Paul

Team Knowhow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is actually really good value. Considering I was going to spend over €450 just for a new AMD CPU. You get a whole gaming system with fast SSD all for only €500.

Bad thing is I never pre-ordered anywhere so may be without one for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Haven't had a Xbox since the 360, but considering getting a Series S. I don't have that huge a TV (40in) so I'm assuming 1440p will be enough for me. Digital-only is fine also as I think I bought just one physical game for my PS4. I'm also interested in Gamepass and exploring stuff I missed on Microsoft last gen. Is all this a reasonable line of thought?

• Advertisement

dohboy wrote: »
    Haven't had a Xbox since the 360, but considering getting a Series S. I don't have that huge a TV (40in) so I'm assuming 1440p will be enough for me. Digital-only is fine also as I think I bought just one physical game for my PS4. I'm also interested in Gamepass and exploring stuff I missed on Microsoft last gen. Is all this a reasonable line of thought?

What resolution is your Tv? I don't know any Tv that is natively 1440p.

dohboy wrote: »
    You are pretty much the target audience.

Series S is targeting people who wouldn't mind the odd game but are not so big into gaming that they'd drop €500 on a system at launch. Also the smaller the TV the less benefit you get from 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Still on an OG one here but it gets played every day, even with 3 kids, one of whom is starting to get into gaming a little bit. Planning to upgrade in the new year when the p21 tax returns come out. Never buy physical games anymore, I assume I would notice a massive improvement even with the series S.

I currently game on a 55inch 4k tv

stuchyg wrote: »
    Still on an OG one here but it gets played every day, even with 3 kids, one of whom is starting to get into gaming a little bit. Planning to upgrade in the new year when the p21 tax returns come out. Never buy physical games anymore, I assume I would notice a massive improvement even with the series S.
    Since you are not planning to buy until the New Year, I would revisit the question closer to then.

1 Month to go, folks, looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CatInABox wrote: »
    1 Month to go, folks, looking forward to it now.

Can't wait to to see it in the flesh. Same with the shock blue controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Can't wait to to see it in the flesh. Shame with the shock blue controller.

What’s the problem with the controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kingbowser

Wondering whether to trade One x for this at GameStop. Think I might hold on a few years and clear up backlog ... it's a never ending arms race ... However ...

the series x is certainly looking like a brilliantly designed console. Super quiet, incredibly fast, beautiful design and brilliant backward compatibility. Makes older games run so much smoother and auto HDR too. Much faster loading of older games and fast resume. Plus game pass is brilliant value if you are a regular gamer.

If you could get Nintendo games on there it would be nirvana.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    What’s the problem with the controller?

Meant to say same.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Meant to say same.

I had replied saying that's what you meant to say but ended up deleting the post. :)

Advertisement