Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Same here, wonder if they will charge soon.

I'm also wondering when they'll be charging. I want to make sure I have enough money in the right account when they do.

Would it be safe enough to just load the money into my PayPal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Yep, happened today. I've been checking it everyday in case it gets cancelled again.

Good to know. Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

kiddums wrote: »
    I'm also wondering when they'll be charging. I want to make sure I have enough money in the right account when they do.

Would it be safe enough to just load the money into my PayPal account?

They shouldn’t charge till shipping. They might do a check for a small amount, I thought that what pending was for but I see nothing in my credit card or paypal yet which its linked through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I posted this a while back but my original pre order was cancelled after they did a pre check or something. Nothing ever showed in my bank, Revolut, and they couldn't tell if there was any action from MS so I don't know if it was a lack of funds they were checking for or not. But because of that I'm checking it everyday now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Classic case of its only a good idea if Sony does it. Here we are a generation later only now having a civilised conversation about digital vs physical and its only because of PS5 digital edition.

This was the perfect solution. How ridiculous it looks now in hindsight for people to be complaining about needing an Internet connection on a games/media/streaming console. Were things really that backward in 2013 or was it purely down to fan boi trolling?

In fairness, the plan was only half baked when they announced it. Senior execs couldn't answer basic questions about it, and when they did, they'd issue a correction not 12 hours later.

It was truly that bad. It'll go down as how not to reveal a product.

• Advertisement

Fallout 4 was locked 30fps on Xbox One and One X, the MS back compat team have patched it to run at 60fps on Series S/X. Without the involvement of the original devs. Seems like they plan to do this for quite a few games, engines allowing.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/13/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-backward-compatibility-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Will Xbox and 360 games work on this? I only see them talking about One games but I'd like to keep playing skate and TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Will Xbox and 360 games work on this? I only see them talking about One games but I'd like to keep playing skate and TH.

I'm pretty sure what is back compatible now will be on the series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm pretty sure what is back compatible now will be on the series X.

Yes, every Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One game that is currently playable, except Kinect games, are playable on the Series S|X

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

String wrote: »
    They shouldn’t charge till shipping. They might do a check for a small amount, I thought that what pending was for but I see nothing in my credit card or paypal yet which its linked through

As per a post on Reddit, MS are getting ready to charge the card...https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jafbax/just_called_microsoft_about_the_pending_for_xbox/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Pending here too. Says "Paid with Card XXXX" but card hasn't been charged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

skerry wrote: »
    Pending here too. Says "Paid with Card XXXX" but card hasn't been charged
    Mine pending to paid with Microsoft account credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I’ve just cancelled my Microsoft pre order for the X. I have an S on pre order on littlewoods so I hope it works out as the X was a bit of overkill for a 7 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Are the batteries the same as the Xbox One? I have a docking/charging station thing and wondering if I need to bother buying new charge cables/accessories for the series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

fifth wrote: »
    Are the batteries the same as the Xbox One? I have a docking/charging station thing and wondering if I need to bother buying new charge cables/accessories for the series X.

Not sure yet but if I was to guess, yes. Microsoft are trying to help bring accessories forward too. Your current Xbox One controller will work with Series S/X. They made little changes to the controller. The new controller takes AA batteries too, so I just don't see them changing the size for those rechargeable batteries packs that fit in current controllers. I just doesn't seem in line with the pro-consumer moves they are making, to change them. But I don't know, 100%, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

fifth wrote: »

The batteries are the same but they are changing the charger port to USB-C so if it's a docking station that you sit the controller into then it won't work with the new controller but any USB-C cable you have should charge it like a phone cable for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1313586798296289287?s=20

They misspelt his name and said that he works for Giant Bomb rather than CNET.

Thanks for the clear-up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Has anyone gotten an update from Currys for their preorder? I still haven't gotten a confirmation email from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten an update from Currys for their preorder? I still haven't gotten a confirmation email from them.

I was going to ask the same thing, I haven't heard anything from them. Not overly worried curry's was the back up plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

They told me on the 8th I'd get my confirmation email "soon"
    It feels like soon has come and gone.. again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

I spoke with customer services a few weeks ago and they said as long as you got a pre-order number after finishing the buying process online, you’ve got one.

A couple of pages ago, someone said they were told by customer services that confirmation emails would be sent out ‘shortly’ I think, and then a further email to go through the paying process. This would be around the 22nd.

Muddled, but I’d prefer them over GS

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CiaranIRE

I rang them earlier. Woman on the phone wasn’t sure how to proceed so went off to speak to a manager.

Came back 5 or 6 minutes later and was saying something about the emails being sent out one by one so not to crash the email server and the phone line went dead before I could respond.

They don’t have a preorder page, form what I could see yesterday, on the Currys.ie site like they have on the co.uk site so I don’t really believe what they’re saying. They may not have sent them out to Irish customers yet, but can’t see them sending them out one by one either.

I had issues with a missing part off a new washing machine a couple of years ago and had to deal with their support for months. The UK support don’t seem to have any overview of the Irish side of the business and the Irish side don’t seem to have any support of their own. It’s a strange setup. I ended up having to chase the manufacturer at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CiaranIRE wrote: »
    Came back 5 or 6 minutes later and was saying something about the emails being sent out one by one so not to crash the email server and the phone line went dead before I could respond.

Unless they're running the email server on a gameboy, that's a croc of ****.

I just spat coffee out reading this...

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-10-14-currys-increases-xbox-series-x-s-pre-order-prices-by-gbp2000-surprising-some-customers

Wow this is a bit messy.
    So Curry’s in the UK is basically putting the Series X back up on sale, but for £2449, you’ll be emailed a code that will reduce it by 2k.

Hope they have enough consoles for every pre-order they’ve given...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Enjoy. Might swap out my Arctis 7 headset or retire it to PC and get a set of the 7xs for the Series X and PS5.

I've the ARCTIS 3, would I see much of a jump in sound quality going up to the 7x or 9x, Razer Nari is on offer on prime today with 42% off...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

CatInABox wrote: »
    Unless they're running the email server on a gameboy, that's a croc of ****.

Agreed, surely even if it was one email at a time, at least one person here would of got an email after 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1347320/Xbox-Series-X-preorders-Currys-stock-latest/amp

Wow this is a bit messy.
    So Curry’s in the UK is basically putting the Series X back up on sale, but for £2449, you’ll be emailed a code that will reduce it by 2k.

It's the Express, please don't make people click the link, it's a pure fictional paper.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1347320/Xbox-Series-X-preorders-Currys-stock-latest/amp

Wow this is a bit messy.

This isn't actually a terrible idea. If you're not going to call up everyone that put their name down for one of these pre-orders, then emailing them a discount code is a good enough option.

The Currys back end must be ancient though, really seems to be struggling with all of this. My guess is that they've neglected to invest in updating it at all for years and years, and it's really being shown up now.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's the Express, please don't make people click the link, it's a pure fictional paper.

The one time I’ve ever linked to a right-wing rag and I’m called out on it *facepalm*. Totally agree

I’ll edit it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I sure hope the code they send out is unique....

Advertisement