Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I sure hope the code they send out is unique....

It's a strange idea but only priority customers with a valid code.

So you can't buy at the high price.

Must be to stop bots.

Of course the "newspaper" doesn't portray it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've the ARCTIS 3, would I see much of a jump in sound quality going up to the 7x or 9x, Razer Nari is on offer on prime today with 42% off...

The 3 is the worst headset Steelseries offer. I would imagine there is quite a jump in quality.

I would favour the 7x over the 9x due to the PS5 and Switch compatibility, if that doesn't bother you the 9x might be worth the extra €20 to not have a dongle taking up a usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CiaranIRE

The 3 is the worst headset Steelseries offer. I would imagine there is quite a jump in quality.

I would favour the 7x over the 9x due to the PS5 and Switch compatibility, if that doesn't bother you the 9x might be worth the extra €20 to not have a dongle taking up a usb port.

I have an Arctis 3 and Arctis Pro(without the GameDAC, although I do have a separate one I use for single player).

The Pro is *slightly* better, but not worth the difference in price. I got it for €55 euro so I wasn’t complaining 😄

I also had a PlayStation gold headset which was garbage.

If I had to buy again tomorrow, I’d be very happy with just the Arctis 3. I still use mine for work.

There’s an Arctis 5 white on amazon warehouse for €72 euro with the extra 20% today. Saving of about 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ah here, I'm starting to feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

What are people thinking on rechargeable AA versus battery packs for the controllers?

I'm undecided but I was looking at a 1 hour charger with 4 AA batteries for 26.
    I can't make my mind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Derek.. wrote: »
    What are people thinking on rechargeable AA versus battery packs for the controllers?

I can't make my mind up

I'm not sure, I have packs and a docking station but their life isn't great these days. I want something that can be done by the usb c anyway as I always have a cable plugged in beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I can't make my mind up

I've always gone with the AA charger and batteries, they can always be used in something else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm still using the rechargeable AAs I bought at Xbone launch, still get great life out of them.

I have 6 batteries, 2 in the pad and keep 4 charged for swapping out.

Was never really impressed with play and charge kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Panasonic Eneloop batteries are the way to go, just get the proper charger to go along with them, last for ages.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZBX8DQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rHbIFb5TKSDVS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Stupid question, I take it if I had rechargeable AAs that I couldn't just plug in the USB C cable to recharge?

• Advertisement

Correct, you cannot charge them in the controller

I can't make my mind up
    I get rechargeable batteries in IKEA, their Ladda White are rebranded Eneloops (very good). 4 pack of 2450mAh AA for €7

I use enthusiast chargers (voltage readings etc) which are probably overkill for most people. A basic charger will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I have a play and charge kit that I got with my launch Xbox One and it's still holding a good charge, I already have plenty of USB-C charger cables so I'll just keep using that. I might even just keep using the controller that I have already, depends on if I prefer the new one or not, great to be able to keep using everything I already have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Champagne problem here but does anyone know if you can get a white plug and charge kit. I'm getting a series S but don't want a black charge kit on the back of the white controller. Haven't seen any of the new USB c kits in white yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Champagne problem here but does anyone know if you can get a white plug and charge kit. I'm getting a series S but don't want a black charge kit on the back of the white controller. Haven't seen any of the new USB c kits in white yet

I think you misunderstand the charge kit. It is only the internal battery that is black. The back of your white controller still goes over the battery so it is hidden.

Ooh is that new? I only remember the play and charge kits that replaced the whole battery cover

maximoose wrote: »
    Ooh is that new? I only remember the play and charge kits that replaced the whole battery cover

No, ive had 3 charge kits since Xbox One launch in 2013. I have bought another one recently and its still the same design. Its the Microsoft official one and it is the same size as 2 AA batteries stuck together if that makes sense. So you remove the back cover, insert and then replace the back cover.

I have the new one in the Elite Series 2 controller and I charge it via the USB C port. Ive never had one that replaces the back cover before.

EDIT - I have 3 of these. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-one-play-charge-kit/8tzdq3k9f52m

No replacement back cover and they hold a great charge, normally days for me and I play daily.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Will existing charge kits (micro-USB) work on the new controllers, assume they would?

Yes they do, no issues. I have been using them with the new Elite Series 2 controller.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Ive never had one that replaces the back cover before.

TBF I'm going back to the 360, and they were probably third party ones

maximoose wrote: »
    TBF I'm going back to the 360, and they were probably third party ones

Yeah I was thinking that Maxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

i got that energizer less than 1 hour charge kit and never looked back it tbh, i cant see you having a problem with either or the play and charge kits, i just don't like being tethered to a wire when gaming.

energizer with two spare batteries so 6 in total and i am sorted and if a friend is over no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Is there an equivalent of this for Xbox? Would love to combine this with the official plug and charge kit

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-accessories/dualsense%e2%84%a2-charging-station/p/191999

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Is there an equivalent of this for Xbox? Would love to combine this with the official plug and charge kit

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-accessories/dualsense%e2%84%a2-charging-station/p/191999

ORB did a very similar item to that, considering that xbox are committed to bringing peripherals forward, i'm going to cautiously say 'maybe'.

It all depends if they've redesigned the battery bay of the controller.

that orb one was a disaster for me, if you farted the thing would stop charging the controllers had to be so delicately balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

recyclops wrote: »
    i got that energizer less than 1 hour charge kit and never looked back it tbh, i cant see you having a problem with either or the play and charge kits, i just don't like being tethered to a wire when gaming.

energizer with two spare batteries so 6 in total and i am sorted and if a friend is over no issues at all.

I tend to just plug it in when I'm watching Netflix or something and that keeps it constantly charged, still get ages out of mine and I've had it since launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looks like some embargoes have been lifted and reviewers can review more details.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »

Looks like some embargoes have been lifted and reviewers can review more details.

Yeah, the only thing that they're not allowed do is call it a review. All the ones I've read have been pretty glowing.

• Advertisement

from everything I have seen I can see myself not being as wowed as previous launch consoles, its like the transition from a new phone which I dont mind.

the normality will be an oddity in 2020 haha

Advertisement