Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

ZiabR wrote: »
    Its missing the sticker over the hex screw on the left hand side. You bought the unit new?

Yeah from Smyths but looking at all the pictures on google there's only a covering on the right side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Can anyone here see what they were talking about?

https://imgur.com/a/5xR5R7N

The specs label with the serial number - looks a bit peeled with the heat. They might have thought someone tried swop the serial number?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just back from Gamestop Dundrum, they refused my Xbox saying the seal was broken and its been tampered with. I never touched any seal and most images I've looked up online look the exact same as mine.

Dunno whether to try another Gamestop or will they just give me the same ****e

Big sticker on the right look like it's been taken off?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Big sticker on the right look like it's been taken off?

Its peeling slightly but 100% wasn't removed, pretty sure they were pointing to the screws. I thought it was maybe the left screw missing a cover but I cant find any image online that has a cover on it.

Unless they're looking for any excuse not to take them. I might try Tallaght over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I looked at mine which has been opened and the sticker on the right hand side screw is gone on mine with the Xbox logo.

I see what you guys are talking about the Big sticker on right looks like it was moved at some stage as mine is perfect in place. Yours looks like it was taking off and put back on lower than original place and the bottom left corner is slightly lifted.

But it doesn't look like the security sticker was tampered with so they shouldn't have a issue with taking it. Also ask them why it was refused since security sticker is in place.

If they have a issue with the big sticker ask them to go into settings on Xbox and compare the serial number on Xbox dashboard with one on the big sticker that is slightly peeled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Its peeling slightly but 100% wasn't removed, pretty sure they were pointing to the screws. I thought it was maybe the left screw missing a cover but I cant find any image online that has a cover on it.

Unless they're looking for any excuse not to take them. I might try Tallaght over the weekend

Mine looks the very same as yours and was never touched. Sounds like they didn't want it to bother with it for some reason.

Wish I sold it in CEX when they were offering decent prices, rather not deal with Gamestop at all to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

> Wish I sold it in CEX when they were offering decent prices, rather not deal with Gamestop at all to be honest

They have to sell it on and If they know they have to explain to a customer why the sticker is not perfect - I can see why they wont take on the hassle - I'm sure they have plenty stock.

Maybe Just try another branch or a weekend when the there is a different assistant at the counter - I'd risk using a hairdryer to heat the label very slightly and slide it back into place

I've never had a PS4 myself (just PS original, PSP, Ps2's, Ps3's), but I've been collecting PS4 games recently for the PS5 - they might be worth a replay on ps5 and I wouldn't be trading them into CEX for peanuts anyway.

Any spare controller might be worth hanging onto also for 2 or 3 player games....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Just back from Gamestop Dundrum, they refused my Xbox saying the seal was broken and its been tampered with. I never touched any seal and most images I've looked up online look the exact same as mine.

Would you not try and sell on Facebook or adverts ?

I know it’s a different console but I got 270 for my PS4 pro last weekend on Facebook

Would you not try and sell on Facebook or adverts ?

I know it’s a different console but I got 270 for my PS4 pro last weekend on Facebook

I put it up on both, will see what happens

• Advertisement

That's the anti-tamper seal in red. Doesn't look tampered to me, though the picture is not great.

529554.jpg

The sticker above is crooked but that has nothing to do with anti-tamper. Maybe peel it off (with a hairdryer if necessary) and stick it back on straight. Then try in another Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really wonder about that?

How come there's not an Xbox to be had anywhere then and huge companies' websites crashed on pre-order day due to demand?

Not sure at all. I have both pre ordered myself. Just chap in gamestop saying it to customer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Huh. Apparently the Series S can be faster at loading than the X, mainly because it's using smaller textures.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Not sure at all. I have both pre ordered myself. Just chap in gamestop saying it to customer.

Well I don't believe Sony are selling and manufacturing 4 times more consoles at launch than Xbox.

Didn't even happen at last generation launch which was a disaster for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

That store told me the same thing about my as new/hardly used X. Said there should be the black stickers on both sides covering the screws and it probably peeled off due to heat. I took them at their word but reading this thread it seems they're probably lying to avoid having to take it?

Some shower :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well I don't believe Sony are selling and manufacturing 4 times more consoles at launch than Xbox.

Didn't even happen at last generation launch which was a disaster for Xbox.
    There just more interest for a ps5 than series x.I still can't believe Microsoft has no first party title for there new xbox consoles at launch.They couldn't even get Halo infinite next gen looking so delay it to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

rob808 wrote: »
    There just more interest for a ps5 than series x.I still can't believe Microsoft has no first party title for there new xbox consoles at launch.They couldn't even get Halo infinite next gen looking so delay it to next year.

Yeah they should of had a massive game out for it. Not even a halo game just something to make more of a splash with that would of gooten more people to look and say hmmm I might not go with Sony this time might get an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

rob808 wrote: »

IMO, they screwed up by needed it to work on the Xbox One and the One S. If they at least targeted the One X, Series S and Series X, I think they would have had an easier time of things.

The Xbox One and One S, could be supported via xcloud imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I'd argue the Bethesda coup has done more to get heads turning than Halo Infinite.

Halo's always been the most Xbox thing ever. It's not going to convert a huge number of people who aren't already into the ecosystem.

Mucashinto wrote: »
    That store told me the same thing about my as new/hardly used X. Said there should be the black stickers on both sides covering the screws and it probably peeled off due to heat. I took them at their word but reading this thread it seems they're probably lying to avoid having to take it?

Some shower :rolleyes:

Yeah I took their word too, I just checked images online out of curiosity and none have a covering on the left screw.

They're def just using it as an excuse not to take them in, cant stand Gamestop only went there to get the trade in deal but will just sell for cash now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are launch titles ever that good?

Even the PS5 doesn't have any decent launch title exclusives. The best thing going for it is a Spiderman sequel that's basically a DLC (also available on PS4). All the 'good' titles are coming in 2021.

Agree that it's a bit of loss not having Halo Infinite launch with the Series X/S, especially as Halo is on the box! But I think Halo is bit of a Xbox OG Fanboy title, no one would switch consoles just for Halo. (and I like Halo!)

very true, the PS4 had a very poor launch line up (knack and Killzone) and look how great things became about a year to 18 months into the PS4 lifecycle. I believe the Xbox will be similar, first year will mostly be cross platform titles and gamespass, then around 2022 we should see the exclusives one after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah imo nothing was gonna really take people from one to the others unless they were a casual as majority of people have built up games in libraries etc for either platform

Now if your a casual gamer and you choose ps5 over a xbox series x that would be an odd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Yeah I took their word too, I just checked images online out of curiosity and none have a covering on the left screw.

They're def just using it as an excuse not to take them in, cant stand Gamestop only went there to get the trade in deal but will just sell for cash now.

Going back a few years but I brought my 360 elite to GameStop and they refused saying it had been tampered with

Brought it to cex 5 mins later and they checked it for 30 mins and said it was in great condition and took it

Think all depends if GameStop are interested in taking it at the time or not

Would prefer honesty though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Some initial thoughts if you're absolutely desperate for news;

Nothing amazingly revelatory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Along with the order change to pending I got a notification on the console lastnight that my order would be billing soon, although when you go into the message it brings to to a blurb that still says 10 days before release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

maximoose wrote: »
    Along with the order change to pending I got a notification on the console lastnight that my order would be billing soon, although when you go into the message it brings to to a blurb that still says 10 days before release

Thanks for this just put money in my revelut just to make its covered should the payment come out early

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

RTE are reporting that retail will close with the latest restrictions. Of course, people's health and lives come first but it's not going to stop me being gutted that the console will likely be delayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Probes wrote: »
    RTE are reporting that retail will close with the latest restrictions. Of course, people's health and lives come first but it's not going to stop me being gutted that the console will likely be delayed!

I was also planning on doing a trade in with Gamestop. Not sure whether to hand it in today or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

According to this, if a retail store can do click & collect, it should be ok, in Level 4 anyway. This could change I guess.

Hopefully stores assign collection time-slots for people, I remember the queue at lunchtime in Smyths on Jervis street when the PS4 released....yeesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

According to this, if a retail store can do click & collect, it should be ok, in Level 4 anyway. This could change I guess.

Hopefully stores assign collection time-slots for people, I remember the queue at lunchtime in Smyths on Jervis street when the PS4 released....yeesh.

Gamestop said they would be doing slot collection anyway, and that was before weekend suggestions of moving to level 4 or 5.

Advertisement