Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Click the link

Enter your email address and click the buttom

It'll give an error but check your emails. A new email will come in from Currys.

Click that link and check your information is correct and pay in whatever method you're going for.

Thanks! No email yet, guess it takes a while to got through the system.
    *Eagerly refreshing emails every 5 mins*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Thanks! No email yet, guess it takes a while to got through the system.
    *Eagerly refreshing emails every 5 mins*

Sure they're only sending them out one by one....... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Halo: MCC is getting an update near the Series launch, with 120fps, up to 4k.

https://twitter.com/XboxZA/status/1318541733668528128

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

druss wrote: »

Damn. I really need to trade my One X in to make it work financially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Damn. I really need to trade my One X in to make it work financially.

Don't go to Dundrum

Basil3 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Smyth's click and collect? I'm planning on paying the balance with some cash I found down the back of the couch. I assume this is OK, and they won't be pushing for a contactless, card only transaction?

Just got a text from Smyth's. Guess that answers my question about paying with cash...
    Hi, Just a quick update on your Smyths Toys Pre-Order which is scheduled to be released during the lockdown period. You will receive a text when your order is ready to collect. The store will be open for collections throughout the lockdown period.

Payment by card only. Photo ID and Pre-Order Receipt are required.

If you cannot travel to a store and do not have anyone to collect for you, we will hold your Pre-Order for you to collect at your nominated store until close of business on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
    Best Wishes,
    Smyths Toys

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Marko83

Did anyone get a confirmation email after payment to Currys or is that gonna take 3 weeks as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Marko83 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a confirmation email after payment to Currys or is that gonna take 3 weeks as well?

Yeah got one straight away....
    Loading 100% complete.
    Your Xbox preorder is now complete. Very exciting...

Please ensure you visit your chosen store for collection from November 10th*. Your console will be waiting for you.

Also, note that you will have up until the 17th November to collect your Xbox console. If you are unable to do so, unfortunately, we will have to issue a full refund.

Just a little reminder

Please bring with you your preorder number found in your confirmation email along with a valid form of ID to verify your purchase (Valid forms of ID include a passport or driving licence).

Pre-order number: PRE000XXXXX
    Your chosen store for collection is:
    Unit 11 Airside Retail Park,
    Swords,
    Co Dublin,
    K67FY06
    Item: Total Paid:
    MICROSOFT Xbox Series X - 1 TB €499.00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is proof of ID a new thing? Never had to show ID collecting a console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is proof of ID a new thing? Never had to show ID collecting a console

I got lego in smyths recently and they requested proof of ID on the click and collect.

Now, no one asked me to present it at collection, so I'd assume its a standard thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KiraNerys

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Click the link

Enter your email address and click the buttom

It'll give an error but check your emails. A new email will come in from Currys.

Click that link and check your information is correct and pay in whatever method you're going for.

No emails for me, and I've tried it a hundred times since this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

KiraNerys wrote: »
    check spam might be in there

Not in spam either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Maybe give them a call with your pre order number.
    A couple of times I got a error messages saying to call them on 1890 400 001 if I couldn't get past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Which courier does the Microsoft store ireland use does anybody know thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Anyone notice how the price of the Xbox and the accessories etc... haven't been adjusted for the lower VAT at present? :P

(or should I say, maybe they have, but not in the passing of the reduction to the consumer... :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

dar83 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how the price of the Xbox and the accessories etc... haven't been adjusted for the lower VAT at present? :P

(or should I say, maybe they have, but not in the passing of the reduction to the consumer... :D )

They set the retail price for the whole of Europe and don't change it for VAT, so it's the same price in all countries with euro pricing regardless of VAT rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

rob808 wrote: »
    Which courier does the Microsoft store ireland use does anybody know thanks.

UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

Not in spam either

not working for me either and not in spam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

dor83 wrote: »
    They set the retail price for the whole of Europe and don't change it for VAT, so it's the same price in all countries with euro pricing regardless of VAT rates.

I feel like part of me has just answered my own question...

Are you ever able to find any of your names novelty license plates in stock? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

We need more Bort license plates in the gift shop

Are you ever able to find any of your names novelty license plates in stock? :confused:

3ea.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I feel like part of me has just answered my own question...

When I was quoting your post I looked for a second and thought "why am I quoting myself" until I realised it was an a not an o.

lafors wrote: »
    Maybe give them a call with your pre order number.
    A couple of times I got a error messages saying to call them on 1890 400 001 if I couldn't get past it.

I'm on with them now, they are aware of the issue but no advice what to do, other than drive 50km to my chosen Currys and they MIGHT be able to complete the payment in store? This is crazy

I'm on with them now, they are aware of the issue but no advice what to do, other than drive 50km to my chosen Currys and they MIGHT be able to complete the payment in store? This is crazy

Has the money come out of your account?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Has the money come out of your account?

What money? The 5€ has, but I can't complete the order to pay for it at all, it won't let me past the landing page

• Registered Users Posts: 16 grahammck

I went to the store this morning and they couldnt take payment as they didnt know what to do! He did say he would find out and call me back.

grahammck wrote: »
    I went to the store this morning and they couldnt take payment as they didnt know what to do! He did say he would find out and call me back.

So even if I drive an hour to the store they couldn't help me anyway? This is really stressing me out, I really have to get this console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

same problem here, can't complete the order on the currys page. Happening since the minute the email arrived in my inbox.

no translation for "message: check mail for preorder reminder"

Advertisement