Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KiraNerys

The email says this: Need more help?

Please visit our Help and Support pages, or talk to our pre-orders team on:

1890 400 001

But when you call that number they say there is no such thing as a preorders team, and they can't help. And then hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

KiraNerys wrote: »
    So even if I drive an hour to the store they couldn't help me anyway? This is really stressing me out, I really have to get this console

It’s only a games console it’s not the end of the world,

Just wait and see how GameStop handles this, myself if I get my Xbox I am happy if I don’t I am like meh what can I do,

The Xbox was the console that I wonted however I pre ordered a ps5 as well and that seems like it’s all going to work out ok with amazon depending on delivery delays

Is there anyone else here getting both consoles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

The email says this: Need more help?

Please visit our Help and Support pages, or talk to our pre-orders team on:

1890 400 001

But when you call that number they say there is no such thing as a preorders team, and they can't help. And then hang up.

I rang them and was transfered around the houses, eventually 15 minutes later they got somone, was promised a new email in the next 12 hours, asked for a case ticket to refer back to, was told there as none...so i suspect they were trying to get rid of me. I'll report back if i get a new email based on my pre-order number.

Just wait and see how GameStop handles this, myself if I get my Xbox I am happy if I don’t I am like meh what can I do,

No of course it isn't, but its for my teen who has had a very difficult year and asks for nothing, and this would make him very happy. I badly want to get this console, and I have pre-ordered it to make sure I had it, and now I don't.
    And its Currys, and they are not handling it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

The Xbox was the console that I wonted however I pre ordered a ps5 as well and that seems like it’s all going to work out ok with amazon depending on delivery delays

Im getting my xbox series x of Microsoft store ireland and my ps5 of smythstoy both home delivery.

• Advertisement

No of course it isn't, but its for my teen who has had a very difficult year and asks for nothing, and this would make him very happy. I badly want to get this console, and I have pre-ordered it to make sure I had it, and now I don't.
    And its Currys, and they are not handling it at all.

Don't worry, you'll get it. There's also people like me floating around who ended up with 2 preorders and haven't cancelled one yet (just in case), so will be getting rid of one at face value right around launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Talked to them on twitter too. Pretty clueless and seem very unwilling to help. Just telling to refresh the page... How difficult is it to just fix a Webpage ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What money? The 5€ has, but I can't complete the order to pay for it at all, it won't let me past the landing page

Ah sorry, I had read it as you'd paid, but didn't get an email to confirm that you'd paid.

Currys seems to be a total ****show on this, very disappointing. Hope everyone gets it sorted.

Have you tried opening the link in a different browser? Sometimes that helps when websites are badly coded.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah sorry, I had read it as you'd paid, but didn't get an email to confirm that you'd paid.

Currys seems to be a total ****show on this, very disappointing. Hope everyone gets it sorted.

Have you tried opening the link in a different browser? Sometimes that helps when websites are badly coded.

I tried Chrome, FireFox, Safari and even IE11. Nada. It throws this error (even if you throw in a junk email address that wouldn't have a matching order):
    no translation for "message: check mail for preorder reminder"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

druss wrote: »
    I heard the same, and that they are more confident about Xbox preorder fulfillments.

Off topic, Nintendo seem to having a good Covid-crisis. Two Switch sales, while I was dropping in my One X for testing.

My One X and three Switch games passed their Gamestop test. So I will get the Series X for €125 euro.

I bought Level 3 membership before the trade, which seems to have saved another few euro. (Thanks to sniper_samurai for pointing out that possibility).

Happy days, although still conditional on the overall stock levels and obviously pick up procedures are still to be decided on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Re Curry's: When I rang the number this morning I was told that order/payments expired yesterday for the Xbox. So said they would escalate and call me back.. not much confidence I'll get a callback. Seem to different answers depending who answers the calls! I did point out the mail says I've 7 days to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have a PS5 ordered from Amazon, going to my Ma in NI though so dunno when I'll get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

When preorders came out with Smyths and their site was down I ask my wife to get preorder in store. In Galway.10min away.She said no prob.When I get home she gave me receipt from Smyths Athlone :)
    "Oh i was passing by...Is that any difference"
    :)
    Sent email to them can they move preorder between shop....FFS

Just out of curiosity is there any pre left anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

This is probably a stupid question, but if I got an external drive to store downloaded games, could I use it for both PS5 and XBox, making a partition or the like, or is the drive going to need to be exclusive to one or the other?

I don’t have the money to buy one of these crazy-priced new SSD’s, but with the size of games, I’d like to be able to get a basic one to move games back and forth to the consoles without the hours and hours it takes to re-download...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Traded in this afternoon in Gamestop Dundrum, and to be fair, it went perfectly smoothly. They were friendly and helpful.

They couldn't tell me if I was guaranteed a console on release day though, said all the info has gone to head office and it's in their hands. They did say they will be home delivering to the lucky ones.

My son is SO mad at me for trading in the Xbox for some magic beans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

GameStop have just issued their Lockdown strategy.
    COVID-19 Updates
    See the latest updates on restrictions and store policy during COVID-19 the lockdown.
    Home delivery is available country wide. Please allow up to 4 working days for delivery due to increased volumes and logistics.
    Click & Collect service will operate in the following stores only:
    Dublin: Blanchardstown, Tallaght, Henry Street & Santry
    Cork: Blackpool & Wilton
    Limerick: William Street
    Carlow
    Wexford Town
    Waterford City
    For all other store information, please See Below
    Once you receive your ready for collection confirmation email, you can proceed to collect your order at your chosen store. We will hold your order at store for two days. Collection email is required to collect your order for security reasons. You may also be asked to produce some identification. Note: Please check store opening hours for availability.
    You may be required to queue outside the store during busy pick up periods. Please observe social distancing of 2 metres during these times.
    Contact will be made with any customer that has outstanding preorders identifying the next steps. Please check you email in the run up to release dates.
    For any queries please contact us hello@gamestop.ie

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this period. Stay safe everyone.

Store

Status
    GameStop Arklow Unit 19, Bridgewater SC, Y14 K227, Arklow, Wicklow Closed
    GameStop Athlone 20 Golden Island SC, N37 KR13, Athlone, Westmeath Closed
    GameStop Balbriggan Unit 10, Millfield SC, K32 C891, Balbriggan, Dublin Closed
    GameStop Ballina Tolan Street, F26 CD32, Ballina, Mayo Closed
    GameStop Blackpool Unit 25, Blackpool SC, T23 V257, Cork Click & Collect
    GameStop Blanchardstown Unit 117, Blanchardstown SC, D15 K377, Dublin 15 Click & Collect
    GameStop Bray 8 Main Street, A98 A4A0, Bray, Wicklow Closed
    GameStop Carlow Unit 22, Fairgreen SC, R93 D651, Carlow Click & Collect
    GameStop Castlebar Bridge Street, F23 EE37, Castlebar, Mayo Closed
    GameStop Clare Hall Unit 14, Clare Hall SC, D17 FY96, Malahide Road, Dublin 17 Closed
    GameStop Clonmel 10 Mitchell Street, E91 RK74, Clonmel, Tipperary Closed
    GameStop Crescent Unit 11X, Crescent SC, V94 DP02, Dooradoyle, Limerick Closed
    GameStop Donaghmede Unit 7A, Donaghmede SC, D13 FK74, Donaghmede, Dublin 13 Closed
    GameStop Douglas Unit 1, Douglas Court SC, T12 WP86, Douglas, Cork Closed
    GameStop Drogheda Unit G-17, Scotch Hall SC, A92 VP03, Drogheda Closed
    GameStop Dundalk 6 Park Street, A91 ED91, Dundalk, Louth Closed
    GameStop Dundrum Unit 8, Dundrum Town Centre, D16 PY73, Dundrum, Dublin 16 Closed
    GameStop Dungarvan Unit 6, Dungarvan SC, X35 EE35, Dungarvan, Waterford Closed
    GameStop Ennis 18 O'Connell Street, V95 DX65, Ennis, Clare Closed
    GameStop Galway Unit 6, Corbett Court, H91 PD8N, Galway Closed
    GameStop Gorey Unit 12, Gorey SC, Y25 A4Y1, Gorey, Wexford Closed
    GameStop Henry St 16 Henry Street, D01 H392, Dublin 1 Click & Collect
    GameStop Kilkenny Unit 12, Market Cross SC, R95 N99E, Kilkenny Closed
    GameStop Killarney New Street, V93 XY48, Killarney, Kerry Closed
    GameStop Liffey St 12 Lower Liffey Street, D01 W9F2, Dublin 1 Closed
    GameStop Mallow 125 Main Street, P51 CN13, Mallow, Cork Closed
    Gamestop Midleton Unit R2 A, Market Green Retail Park, P25 ED25, Midleton, Cork Closed
    GameStop Mullingar 58 Pearse Street, N91 Y579, Mulligar, Westmeath Closed
    GameStop Navan Unit 1A, Navan SC, C15 RH6K, Navan, Meath Closed
    GameStop Newbridge Unit 4, Block D, The Courtyard SC, W12 NW96, Newbridge, Kildare Closed
    GameStop Parkway Unit 33, Parkway SC, V94 T2K6, Limerick Closed
    GameStop Patrick St 47 Saint Patrick's Street, T12 NW50, Cork Closed
    GameStop Pavilions Unit G23, The Pavilions, K67 AY70, Swords, Dublin Closed
    GameStop Portlaoise Unit 2 Lyster Square, R32 V002, Portlaoise Closed
    GameStop Santry Unit 41-43, Omni Park SC, D09 H293, Santry, Dublin 9 Click & Collect
    GameStop Sligo Wine Street, F91 NV05, Sligo Closed
    GameStop Stephens Green Unit 4, Stephen's Green SC, D02 Y303, Dublin 2 Closed
    GameStop Tallaght Unit 237, The Square, D24 E4AC, Tallaght, Dublin 24 Click & Collect
    GameStop Tralee 7 Russell Street, V92 VW83, Tralee, Kerry Closed
    GameStop Tullamore Patrick Street, R35 R602, Tullamore, Offaly Closed
    GameStop Waterford Unit 21, City Square SC, X91 XC83, Waterford Click & Collect
    GameStop Wexford 14 South Main Street, Y35 NA4A, Wexford Click & Collect
    GameStop William St Unit 9A, William Street, V94 RX34, Limerick Click & Collect
    GameStop Wilton Unit 44, Wilton SC, T12 V274, Wilton, Cork Click & Collect

Re Curry's: When I rang the number this morning I was told that order/payments expired yesterday for the Xbox. So said they would escalate and call me back.. not much confidence I'll get a callback. Seem to different answers depending who answers the calls! I did point out the mail says I've 7 days to pay.

I didn't get the email til late on monday evening, and it says there is 7 days to pay...not that I can! I think they are looking at the UK timelines, their emails went out last week and must have expired yesterday?

I rang the helpline a fourth time and got a man who seemed to know about the issue, said he would email me and I would get a call...neither appeared so far.

I'm really stressing about this.

bazzz wrote: »
    GameStop have just issued their Lockdown strategy.

Confusing as usual, they say collection only available in the following stores but then in the list of all stores there are other stores listed as open for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,479 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is probably a stupid question, but if I got an external drive to store downloaded games, could I use it for both PS5 and XBox, making a partition or the like, or is the drive going to need to be exclusive to one or the other?

I don’t have the money to buy one of these crazy-priced new SSD’s, but with the size of games, I’d like to be able to get a basic one to move games back and forth to the consoles without the hours and hours it takes to re-download...

They will work but Next Gen games won't work on them afaik.

My plan is to keep any new optimised for Series X on the SSD an if getting full just keep older games on external drive.

Hopefully next year there'll be more choice on SSD expansions.

I'm not paying €220 for it.

If not I'll just manage them as I don't really tend to jump around on games. So keeping games I use on the SSD should be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

murpho999 wrote: »
    They will work but Next Gen games won't work on them afaik.

My plan is to keep any new optimised for Series X on the SSD an if getting full just keep older games on external drive.

Hopefully next year there'll be more choice on SSD expansions.

I'm not paying €220 for it.

If not I'll just manage them as I don't really tend to jump around on games. So keeping games I use on the SSD should be enough.

As many old games will benefit from the extra horsepower, like loading times and frame rates I intend to just copy games to and from the external. Whatever 2-5 games I am playing will be the ones on the SSD. The rest will sit on the external drive.

All velocity developed games have to run from the SSD though, but we have to wait for another while before that becomes a major issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Confusing as usual, they say collection only available in the following stores but then in the list of all stores there are other stores listed as open for click and collect.

I don't see any now? The list was updated since. Check it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Ahh! - I managed to get the Currys preorder page working for me - press the link you are given - then - *Delete your Email address* that's entered in for you on the page and *retype it* exactly as it was.

It didn't work for me without retyping my email address.

When you click submit you will get a second email within seconds - that email brings you to a page where you can enter payment details.

“Roll it back”

bazzz wrote: »
    I don't see any now? The list was updated since. Check it again.

Thanks the update fixed confusion over which Wexford store is open. Not the one I have mine ordered at :-(

ozmo wrote: »
    Ahh! - I managed to get the Currys preorder page working for me - press the link you are given - then - *Delete your Email address* that's entered in for you on the page and *retype it* exactly as it was.

It didn't work for me without retyping my email address.

When you click submit you will get a second email within seconds - that email brings you to a page where you can enter payment details.

Tried that but didnt work but thankfully i got it going now too. Thank christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just got a new email with the payment details from Curry’s

ZiabR wrote: »
    As many old games will benefit from the extra horsepower, like loading times and frame rates I intend to just copy games to and from the external. Whatever 2-5 games I am playing will be the ones on the SSD. The rest will sit on the external drive.

All velocity developed games have to run from the SSD though, but we have to wait for another while before that becomes a major issue.

Yes, but do the older games need to be on an SSD to benefit from Series X/S performance boosts?

I will be doing something similar to you. I'll manage on the 1TB for new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes, but do the older games need to be on an SSD to benefit from Series X/S performance boosts?

Yes, to get the better the MUCH faster loading times etc, the game needs to sit on the SSD. No point in running it from a 3.0 USB mechanical drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I will be doing something similar to you. I'll manage on the 1TB for new games.

The games should still get the performance bump, the main change will be the load times due to the slower read/write speeds. Digital Foundry have a good video on this.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yes, to get the better the MUCH faster loading times etc, the game needs to sit on the SSD. No point in running it from a 3.0 USB mechanical drive.

Yes, of course, forgot about the load times. SSD important for that.
    The games should still get the performance bump, the main change will be the load times due to the slower read/write speeds. Digital Foundry have a good video on this.

Saw those videos. Nerd- heaven.

Biggest deal for them was the 60fps. I personally don't see that but wonder if that's You Tube or my eyes. Wonder if I'll see it on my TV.

Advertisement