Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

ozmo wrote: »
    Ahh! - I managed to get the Currys preorder page working for me - press the link you are given - then - *Delete your Email address* that's entered in for you on the page and *retype it* exactly as it was.

It didn't work for me without retyping my email address.

When you click submit you will get a second email within seconds - that email brings you to a page where you can enter payment details.

Not working for me the email I get just sends me the same email again its loop of never ending emails.

Tried it 11 times and have 11 email none of which brought me to a payment page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

murpho999 wrote: »
    Biggest deal for them was the 60fps. I personally don't see that but wonder if that's You Tube or my eyes. Wonder if I'll see it on my TV.

Ah you will, the jump from 30fps to 60fps is remarkable. Forget about 120fps. If we get solid and I mean solid 60fps, at 4K or even 1440p we are in for a treat. FPS is everything, and I would argue that it is much more important than resolution. You can have beautiful high definition textures with a 1440P/4K resolution and if that is running at 60fps with no drops and no screen tearing then I will be delighted.

You should watch some of the YouTube comparison videos of 30fps vs 60fps. Its like night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jefferson73

Ahh! - I managed to get the Currys preorder page working for me - press the link you are given - then - *Delete your Email address* that's entered in for you on the page and *retype it* exactly as it was.

When you click submit you will get a second email within seconds - that email brings you to a page where you can enter payment details.

This worked for me too, now just need them to hand it over November 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ZiabR wrote: »
    As many old games will benefit from the extra horsepower, like loading times and frame rates I intend to just copy games to and from the external. Whatever 2-5 games I am playing will be the ones on the SSD. The rest will sit on the external drive.

All velocity developed games have to run from the SSD though, but we have to wait for another while before that becomes a major issue.
    I've a similar plan ...
    • Optimised for Series X on the internal (obviously)
    • Xbox One / 360 / OG games that I play regularly also on the internal (if there's space, for the load times. If not, they'll stay on an external SSD and will still have faster load times because of the beefier CPU ... just not as fast as internal).

Some time down the line, after whatever exclusivity period is up for Seagate making the storage cards, we'll see different sizes and better prices come in to play -- I can't find the link to the interview with Jason Robertson from MS about that, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Has anyone here had experience with buying from the Microsoft store before? What are the chances of the console arriving on launch day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

luciddream wrote: »
    Has anyone here had experience with buying from the Microsoft store before? What are the chances of the console arriving on launch day?

One/two good experiences -
    Couple of Xbox Ones (one launch day) ordered from them before. Arrived on launch day by early afternoon. Had a Surface delivered on its launch day as well now that I think about it.

Bad experience -
    An Elite 2 Controller. Shipped fine. UPS delivered it to a location 20 miles away, despite their being no address confusion.
    Took two weeks for it to arrive, and multiple phonecalls.

Anyone know if its possible to switch from collection to delivery on gamestop pre orders? Im guessing those who have ordered for collection from a closed store or a store out of the 5km radius are sh!t out of luck or are they going to do anything for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know if its possible to switch from collection to delivery on gamestop pre orders? Im guessing those who have ordered for collection from a closed store or a store out of the 5km radius are sh!t out of luck or are they going to do anything for us?

Pretty much all of GameStop orders will end up as home delivery, only about 10 stores are staying open for click & collect.

The website states that all outstanding preorders will receive an email with the "next step" a few days before the release of their order.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,479 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ZiabR wrote: »
    Ah you will, the jump from 30fps to 60fps is remarkable. Forget about 120fps. If we get solid and I mean solid 60fps, at 4K or even 1440p we are in for a treat. FPS is everything, and I would argue that it is much more important than resolution. You can have beautiful high definition textures with a 1440P/4K resolution and if that is running at 60fps with no drops and no screen tearing then I will be delighted.

You should watch some of the YouTube comparison videos of 30fps vs 60fps. Its like night and day.

Yes, I've watched plenty of the comparison videos on You Tube via 4k TV but I find it difficult to discern the difference. But it could be just me.

Plenty saying the FPS is more important than the resolution and that's why in the game you need to select the right mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I was told in store by Gamestop today that the consoles will be delivered now. I guess apart from any stores operating click and collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

By the way, I think someone was asking about preordering an Xbox still. Harvey Norman still have Series S available for pre-order. I notice it keeps coming back into stock every so often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This is probably a stupid question, but if I got an external drive to store downloaded games, could I use it for both PS5 and XBox, making a partition or the like, or is the drive going to need to be exclusive to one or the other?

Don't think anyone has answered this yet, but no, you won't be able to use it on both, at least not at the same time. It can only be formatted for one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd assume consoles are been posted out on launch day rather than having it for launch day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd assume consoles are been posted out on launch day rather than having it for launch day

Last time around, they got it to most people on launch day I believe, but this time around it's obviously a lot different with covid wrecking the place.

I would not expect that. I'll be expecting to have mine delivered on launch day.

That's the idea of it. It's launch day not pack & parcel day. They have plenty of time to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In fairness I'd give them a bit of leeway with all the sh!te that's going on

In fairness I'd give them a bit of leeway with all the sh!te that's going on

I'm sure they have it all planned at this stage. Couriers are doing a great job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

bazzz wrote: »
    GameStop have just issued their Lockdown strategy.

So I assume, it does not matter in which gamestop you preordered, right? You will just have to pick it up from the one that is open?

Then again, assuming I will get it this year...

So I assume, it does not matter in which gamestop you preordered, right? You will just have to pick it up from the one that is open?

Collection will be an option if you ordered in one of the stores that are remaining open, the rest will be via home delivery.

Hope you're on good terms with the local couriers, my friend had a present for his daughter covered in tape marked fragile thrown over a 7 foot wall onto his property by DPD. Wouldn't want that happening to anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

They wouldn't be able to reroute orders from closed stores, it would mess up any system. You'll likely get it delivered if the store you pre-ordered in, is closed.
    They will email people who've been successful for a launch day order and if the chosen store is closed. To let you know what's happening.
    Contact will be made with any customer that has outstanding preorders identifying the next steps. Please check your email in the run up to release dates

• Advertisement

Collection will be an option if you ordered in one of the stores that are remaining open, the rest will be via home delivery.

Hope you're on good terms with the local couriers, my friend had a present for his daughter covered in tape marked fragile thrown over a 7 foot wall onto his property by DPD. Wouldn't want that happening to anyone here.

Don't see the point of that here? So one bad courier story means they're all like that.
    I'd say it will be very well packaged anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Goose81

Probes wrote: »
    By the way, I think someone was asking about preordering an Xbox still. Harvey Norman still have Series S available for pre-order. I notice it keeps coming back into stock every so often.
    No they dont, people need to stop with this.

They say it's available bit when you try and order it's not.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't see the point of that here? So one bad courier story means they're all like that.
    I'd say it will be very well packaged anyway.

I didn't say they're all at it, just that like any delivery service the quality of the service can vary drastically by company and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine is coming from Amazon so not expecting it for a week after release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Paid off the balance on my pre order yesterday in GameStop. (Patrick Street, Cork)

Was asked to confirm email address and contact number on the account were up to date on the account. Was told they’d be in touch with regards my pre order. Assume it’ll be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I would say not to think your console is arriving on the 10th,your just in for a bad day. Everyone is your one person who thinks they are the most important in the world and they matter most.

To MS/gamestop/ smyths your just a number who needs a package, same to your courier, the console comes out on a Tuesday as far as I remember MS stuff is not shipped from Ireland, smyths will have some many orders goin out outside of the console and gamestop is anyone's guess.

They won't ship it until Monday at the earliest so that's a very quick turnaround. I myself think what's the point waiting as getting it on Monday v Tuesday couldn't matter that much really.

Now I do hope I get it on launch day but I am giving them a fair few days leeway.

To rule out possible issues with delivery make sure you all give your EirCodes if you have one. These should 100% help DPD to bundle togehter deliveries on the day or days after the 10th.

recyclops wrote: »
    I would say not to think your console is arriving on the 10th,your just in for a bad day. Everyone is your one person who thinks they are the most important in the world and they matter most.

To MS/gamestop/ smyths your just a number who needs a package, same to your courier, the console comes out on a Tuesday as far as I remember MS stuff is not shipped from Ireland, smyths will have some many orders goin out outside of the console and gamestop is anyone's guess.

They won't ship it until Monday at the earliest so that's a very quick turnaround. I myself think what's the point waiting as getting it on Monday v Tuesday couldn't matter that much really.

Now I do hope I get it on launch day but I am giving them a fair few days leeway.

How do you know this or explain it?

I'd say their aim is to have it with people on launch day and they'll plan as such. Of course people can expect delays but they're planning and working towards that.

Not being shipped from Ireland makes no difference as they will all be delivered to the couriers depot and we don't know when they're given to the couriers or if that process has not happened already.

The 10th being a Tuesday, I would expect units to ship on the Friday 6th and Monday the 9th. Some MAY get theirs on the Monday and others wont get theirs until the Wed-Fri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 grahammck

Still no mail from Currys. Went back to the shop last night, no update. could someone post the link that they received in the mail - if possible? I guess it a generic landing page? Thanks

Advertisement