Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

grahammck wrote: »
    Still no mail from Currys. Went back to the shop last night, no update. could someone post the link that they received in the mail - if possible? I guess it a generic landing page? Thanks

the link is to https://preorder.currys.ie/complete-preorder (mail has some extra stuff at the end but essentially but doesn't seem to make any difference, still need to enter your email)

Still the same, the error message seems to have changed slightly saying it you will get another email but I never do. Called the number but you just get to a "Knowhow" that should be called Know SFA!! very frustrating and this stage giving up hope.
    The guy on the call just said nothing he could do but I could try on the web chat. You could try your luck there I think he was referring to facebook chat as I don't see any other chat facility.

Some will get them on launch day and some won't. I've tracked parcels that were loaded into the van early in the morning, due to be delivered to me. And at 5pm the tracking says "doing back to depot" and he delivers it next morning instead. It just depends where you are on the guys route.

I would have thought securing one was the important thing, who cares what day it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

It's usually a 2 day service from Microsoft via UPS.

Example, if the parcel label generates on a Monday afternoon, it goes through to to Tamworth, UK and onto Finglas on the Tuesday to be routed on again to the nearest depot to you.
    Then delivered on the Wednesday.

So if they dispatch on Friday / Saturday it should be delivered on launch day.

19 days to go...... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Still no mail from Currys. Went back to the shop last night, no update. could someone post the link that they received in the mail - if possible? I guess it a generic landing page? Thanks

I got onto them on Twitter and was sorted within an hour.

So, I'm sorted, as above. Had to jump through some hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you know this or explain it?

Based on companies not required to have it to people on the Tuesday, if they shipped on Friday chances are most would have it early but there is no necessity for any company to do this.

I do hope I get it on the Tuesday but I would think most companies will be shipping on the Monday so luck of the draw as to how quickly you get it but when you think of the amount of products getting delivered and a massive surge that the console will push onto companies capacities to deliver nothing would be guaranteed on that Tuesday.

Regarding the planning, the supplier cannot control the courier and vice versa, there is a tonne of moving parts but just remember the key is none of these moving parts care about 1 individual person and their desire to get a console on the first day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

recyclops wrote: »
    Based on companies not required to have it to people on the Tuesday, if they shipped on Friday chances are most would have it early but there is no necessity for any company to do this.

I do hope I get it on the Tuesday but I would think most companies will be shipping on the Monday so luck of the draw as to how quickly you get it but when you think of the amount of products getting delivered and a massive surge that the console will push onto companies capacities to deliver nothing would be guaranteed on that Tuesday.

Regarding the planning, the supplier cannot control the courier and vice versa, there is a tonne of moving parts but just remember the key is none of these moving parts care about 1 individual person and their desire to get a console on the first day.

Ok, but you're talking about suppliers but I'm referring to Microsoft. I've ordered from their site and I'd expect there's a reasonable chance that I'll have it on launch day. Either way not a problem if it arrives a day or two late due to restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ok, but you're talking about suppliers but I'm referring to Microsoft. I've ordered from their site and I'd expect there's a reasonable chance that I'll have it on launch day. Either way not a problem if it arrives a day or two late due to restrictions.

Suppose that depends on the shipping location. Do Microsoft have a distribution centre in Ireland? If so, they would just ship the thousands of units there and UPS would collect on the Monday. If they are being distributed from the UK then they would need to be collected on the Friday to ensure a launch day delivery.

I am talking about all of them including Microsoft, I have mine ordered from them myself but they will have a central depot and will have to use a courier as well, in their case UPS.

I agree there is a chance with MS but anytime i have spoke to them they have said 3-5 days shipping from release date, obviously doing so to manage expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am talking about all of them including Microsoft, I have mine ordered from them myself but they will have a central depot and will have to use a courier as well, in their case UPS.

I agree their is a chance with MS but anytime i have spoke to them they have said 3-5 days shipping from release date, obviously doing so to manage expectations.

Well I wouldn't really worry about what call centre workers say, they just follow a script and manage expectations as you say.

I'd say MS's aim is to have as many people playing new consoles on launch day and are planning as such and will work with UPS on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

When is MS going to debit the amount for the console? Saw something earlier in the thread about 10 days before it's shipped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

fifth wrote: »
    When is MS going to debit the amount for the console? Saw something earlier in the thread about 10 days before it's shipped?

That's the line that they give anyway

I saw on reddit this morning some MS Store orders in US/Singapore are starting to bill, think it could be soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Same issue here. Last time I buy from Currys to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Same issue here. Last time I buy from Currys to be honest.

Even if you get an email it doesnt let me pay just an infinite link on receiving emails its a nightmare.

Website is https://preorder.currys.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

I really hope Currys come through for the people still unable to pay.
    I know all to well how frustrating their level of incompetence can be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has anyone who ordered from Microsoft bought vouchers to top up their account? I figured it would be the easiest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Del

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered from Microsoft bought vouchers to top up their account? I figured it would be the easiest way.
    I bought a €50 code and put it onto my account but I can't see how to use it against the console, is there a way to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

dor83 wrote: »
    I bought a €50 code and put it onto my account but I can't see how to use it against the console, is there a way to do that?

Any time I've bought digital games they charge any balance on my microsoft account first before my bank card. I'd imagine it's the same for hardware.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Any time I've bought digital games they charge any balance on my microsoft account first before my bank card.

Yeah, I was thinking that but I don't want to put €500 worth on it and then they don't use it, there is a good saving to be had if you can use the credit to pay for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Yeah, I was thinking that but I don't want to put €500 worth on it and then they don't use it, there is a good saving to be had if you can use the credit to pay for it though.

Can't you test that (to the brink of purchase) with the €50?

• Advertisement

I have about ~130 quid credit on my account, I was chatting to support last week and they told me it would be used first. We'll see though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

How does on use this?

druss wrote: »
    Can't you test that (to the brink of purchase) with the €50?
    Yeah, I know that it works to buy hardware but I don't know how it works since I have already pre-ordered the console. When I select "change how you pay" it doesn't give me the option to use the credit so I'm not sure and was wondering if anyone else had done it before or I was missing something to get it to apply.

maximoose wrote: »
    I have about ~130 quid credit on my account, I was chatting to support last week and they told me it would be used first. We'll see though!

That's grand, might just load up on credit and save a few quid then.

where is it possible to credit cheaper than normal ?

Instant Gaming were doing €50 top ups for €47 so could save 30 quid on the X.

I was tempted to load up but I don't want to chance it now :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Instant Gaming were doing €50 top ups for €47 so could save 30 quid on the X.

I was tempted to load up but I don't want to chance it now :pac:

yeah unless it was guaranteed to work i aint risking it for €30.00 also 500 euro gets an awful lot of xbox reward points

I got a couple of €50 codes from Gamivo for €42.72 each using the code AKS3 to get a small discount on orders under €60, so I put them on my account. I have €140 that cost me €118 so it's not a bad saving and I can use it for games if they don't use it for the console. I might chance getting a few more codes and putting them on, if I knew for certain it would work then I'd do the whole lot and it would be a saving of over €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

I got a couple of €50 codes from Gamivo for €42.72 each using the code AKS3 to get a small discount on orders under €60, so I put them on my account. I have €140 that cost me €118 so it's not a bad saving and I can use it for games if they don't use it for the console. I might chance getting a few more codes and putting them on, if I knew for certain it would work then I'd do the whole lot and it would be a saving of over €70.
    Do you mean buying the series x with Microsoft credit of the Microsoft store.Ive done this for my series x full paid off just waiting till it dispatch for launch.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    Do you mean buying the series x with Microsoft credit of the Microsoft store.Ive done this for my series x full paid off just waiting till it dispatch for launch.

Yeah, did you select store credit when you pre-ordered? My payment method is showing as PayPal and I can't change it to store credit now so not sure if it will work.

Advertisement