Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

With GameStop I've got my series X fully paid and it looks like my store will be closed so presumably I'll have to pay postage soon? Anyone get any contact from GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah, did you select store credit when you pre-ordered? My payment method is showing as PayPal and I can't change it to store credit now so not sure if it will work.
    yea it should they take payment straight away so make sure you have the full money there.I would first have chat with them online to make sure you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

I got a couple of €50 codes from Gamivo for €42.72 each using the code AKS3 to get a small discount on orders under €60, so I put them on my account. I have €140 that cost me €118 so it's not a bad saving and I can use it for games if they don't use it for the console. I might chance getting a few more codes and putting them on, if I knew for certain it would work then I'd do the whole lot and it would be a saving of over €70.

Did you use a VPN? when I select Ireland it tries to add 23% tax.
    This takes my total to over €53 for a €50 Xbox live card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Derek.. wrote: »
    Did you use a VPN? when I select Ireland it tries to add 23% tax.
    This takes my total to over €53 for a €50 Xbox live card

Didn't use a VPN, I set the account up to buy and Argentinian game so it could be because of that but I don't remember having to select a country. I never used a VPN to buy from there even though I've bought codes for different regions.

EDIT: I just checked and it automatically selects outside EU 0%, did you try changing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Didn't use a VPN, I set the account up to buy and Argentinian game so it could be because of that but I don't remember having to select a country. I never used a VPN to buy from there even though I've bought codes for different regions.

EDIT: I just checked and it automatically selects outside EU 0%, did you try changing it?

I do have the option of changing it to outside EU, thanks for that

• Advertisement

There's been a couple of people mentioning they have paid their gamestop pre orders in full. Did you get an email telling you to do this? Is it something we have to to secure the pre order?

I've had no correspondence at all about my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There's been a couple of people mentioning they have paid their gamestop pre orders in full. Did you get an email telling you to do this? Is it something we have to to secure the pre order?

I've paid it off in store. They stated that people with outstanding preorders will be contacted near time of release for their order.

Just for anyone hoping to use store credit against their pre-order, I was on the chat to a MS store associate and asked if I could use the store credit against my pre-order, she said it can't be done.
    Unfortunately, as of the moment we don't have an option to use the store credits for pre order that was already completed. My apologies. The Xbox series X is currently of stock so cancellation is not a good idea.

Your store credits doesn't expire which you can always use for different products in our website either digital or physical.

So it looks like I'll have to spend it on something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just for anyone hoping to use store credit against their pre-order, I was on the chat to a MS store associate and asked if I could use the store credit against my pre-order, she said it can't be done.

So it looks like I'll have to spend it on something else.

I'd call bullsh1t on that. I've topped up my Microsoft credit to €500. My two payment options are Microsoft credit first and my bank card after that.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'd call bullsh1t on that. I've topped up my Microsoft credit to €500. My two payment options are Microsoft credit first and my bank card after that.
    Mine doesn't have credit as an option, just paypal or add another card. Did you select store credit when you placed the order?

• Advertisement

Mine doesn't have credit as an option, just paypal or add another card. Did you select store credit when you placed the order?

I just topped up my account. They always charge my microsoft account first, then my card if I don't have enough in my MS account. It's hard to imagine they'd suddenly change that.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

I just topped up my account. They always charge my microsoft account first, then my card if I don't have enough in my MS account. It's hard to imagine they'd suddenly change that.

I think it's because I picked paypal as my default payment method, when I buy games it does take the credit if I have it but I thought that it took the credit when you placed the order, or is that just for digital items and not for physical?

I think it's because I picked paypal as my default payment method, when I buy games it does take the credit if I have it but I thought that it took the credit when you placed the order, or is that just for digital items and not for physical?
    it give you a choice when your preordering pay with Microsoft credit or bank card.If you pick Microsoft credit payment taken straight away if you pick bank card the payment taken closer to launch.

In my experience they take MS credit first by default. This is just in my experience, with the way things are with covid do not blame me if you go this route and it doesn't work out. I've personally paid €500 in vouchers to my MS account.

rob808 wrote: »
    it give you a choice when your preordering pay with Microsoft credit or bank card.If you pick Microsoft credit payment taken straight away if you pick bank card the payment taken closer to launch.
    Yeah so that means you had to have the credit when ordering to use it, I should have done it before pre-orders went up but I forgot about it, at least I got the credit cheap enough that I can get good value out of it anyway.

Yeah so that means you had to have the credit when ordering to use it, I should have done it before pre-orders went up but I forgot about it, at least I got the credit cheap enough that I can get good value out of it anyway.
    yea pretty much you could buy few games like assassins creed Valhalla and cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't imagine that as you can still change payment now on the order.

I'd say they'll just take it off your balance automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Risky notion, but could you temporarily remove your credit card and PayPal from your Microsoft to try to force them to use the credit? There's a risk they might cancel the order though :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I only paid off in full as I was doing the trade in before lockdown, and thought I may as well top it up, especially if there might be any complications about collecting it.

Risky notion, but could you temporarily remove your credit card and PayPal from your Microsoft to try to force them to use the credit? There's a risk they might cancel the order though :S

I really think it will take it off the balance first and card second.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    yea pretty much you could buy few games like assassins creed Valhalla and cyberpunk

Yeah it makes them a bit cheaper, problem is I usually get my new games from foreign marketplaces so they are even cheaper again, I pre-ordered Cyberpunk and Hitman 3 from the Brazilian store and it cost about €77. I'll either use the credit I got in sales or just wait until the have a good deal on something else I need like a surface or something.

I think I'll just leave it, I don't want to risk not getting one just in case as it looks like they might not be easy to get again before Christmas.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I really think it will take it off the balance first and card second.
    I'll leave the credit on there and see what happens, if they do use it I've saved a few quid and if they don't I'll still have gotten the credit for cheap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre-ordered from Microsoft store, do they ship so you have it on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Word from Ms is 3/5 days after release date but hope is we get it day 1. My own worry is that its released on a Tuesday so hoping for Wed or thur.

Day 1 would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So seen a few reviewers and testers reporting the XSX shutting down after 2 hours from over heating to protect itself... worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    So seen a few reviewers and testers reporting the XSX shutting down after 2 hours from over heating to protect itself... worrying.

Have you a link for those?

You did see the Digital Foundry test last week where they actually used a thermal camera on a unit? Nothing looked out of the ordinary on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have you a link for those?

You did see the Digital Foundry test last week where they actually used a thermal camera on a unit? Nothing looked out of the ordinary on that.

Yes I saw that which is why I'm surprised at others. Gaming podcast I had on YouTube brought it up.

Edit: Done some research, never listen to Shane Satterfield or SIFTD, he was talking sh*te. It gets really hot, not over heating. Amazed a game journalist like him would spread such false info.

All those overheating stories and widely debunked and it's normal for heat to come out of the console.

First I've heard anyone saying the console shuts down, would like to see links for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yes I saw that which is why I'm surprised at others. Gaming podcast I had on YouTube brought it up.

Edit: Done some research, never listen to Shane Satterfield or SIFTD, he was talking sh*te. It gets really hot, not over heating. Amazed a game journalist like him would spread such false info.

The consoles in the wild at the moment aren't actually final retail versions either so what we actually get might be slightly different.

I've the Xbox and PS5 coming but I'm giving the PS5 to my brother and I'll get one early next year. Might actually sell the Xbox as well and just hold off on that as well because work is mental and I'm getting a RTX3080 so I can't make time for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The consoles in the wild at the moment aren't actually final retail versions either so what we actually get might be slightly different.

I've the Xbox and PS5 coming but I'm giving the PS5 to my brother and I'll get one early next year. Might actually sell the Xbox as well and just hold off on that as well because work is mental and I'm getting a RTX3080 so I can't make time for everything.

Thanks again for your earlier post about getting Game Pass on the cheap, had a look into that trick and just got 3 years for about €100, saved myself nearly €400, absolutely delighted with myself, hah! :)

Advertisement