Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks again for your earlier post about getting Game Pass on the cheap, had a look into that trick and just got 3 years for about €100, saved myself nearly €400, absolutely delighted with myself, hah! :)

It's dirt cheap.

I think it's especially good for parents with kids. Get an Series S and 3 years of Game Pass for €400. Includes EA Access now as well so there's loads there to keep kids entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's dirt cheap.

I think it's especially good for parents with kids. Get an Series S and 3 years of Game Pass for €400. Includes EA Access now as well so there's loads there to keep kids entertained.
    my xbox gold ulimate not up till August 2022 just hope the third party 12 month xbox gold codes are still in stock in 2022 since Microsoft discontinued 12 month gold.

This is the downside to xbox will be we be left with no option but to buy the full price ultimate and 3 month gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Isn't there rumours of Xbox getting rid of Xbox Gold fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Just got an xbox series S on game.co.uk who still have a few left it seems.
    Delivered it to parcel motel because it wouldnt let me send it straight to Ireland even though it allows international shipping.
    Weird but I got one so I dont really care. Roll on November

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just got an xbox series S on game.co.uk who still have a few left it seems.
    Delivered it to parcel motel because it wouldnt let me send it straight to Ireland even though it allows international shipping.
    Weird but I got one so I dont really care. Roll on November

They won't ship hardware outside the UK.

PM/PW and a UK issued card like Revolut usually gets around that.

• Advertisement

They won't ship hardware outside the UK.

PM/PW and a UK issued card like Revolut usually gets around that.

I paid with revolut so ill be watching it like a hawk to see if the payment goes through in the next 10 days I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This is neither here nor there, but does this thread take an age to load for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I paid with revolut so ill be watching it like a hawk to see if the payment goes through in the next 10 days I guess.

You should be tine then. Have had issues with this exact problem before as I tried an Irish card. Once the order actually completes you are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone still suffering issues with completing the pre order from Currys?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

still same here, conected them via phone/facebook messenger/twitter and still nothing. all say they'll get new code/link sent out but nothing yet! be surprised at this stage if I get anything! :mad:

• Advertisement

You should be tine then. Have had issues with this exact problem before as I tried an Irish card. Once the order actually completes you are good.

Great to know, trying not to get ahead of myself and start ordering games until I see the price of the console go through on my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's dirt cheap.

I availed of the 1 euro trial a while ago on my PC game pass on my Xbox account last Xmas, is there any way to re stack it or am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Fieldog wrote: »
    I availed of the 1 euro trial a while ago on my PC game pass on my Xbox account last Xmas, is there any way to re stack it or am I screwed?

You just leave your current sub expire and then you can stack XBLG.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

YEs same for me all talk no action

I had the link working but was waiting for savings to be transferred to pay. Typically the site went down and now I can’t access it. Supposed to be a new batch of emails coming today which are valid for 12 hours

I had the link working but was waiting for savings to be transferred to pay. Typically the site went down and now I can’t access it. Supposed to be a new batch of emails coming today which are valid for 12 hours

Heard the same no sign of an email so far

Updated email just arrived

Updated email just arrived

Must sent individually I've nothing in.

I tried the pre order link and it generated an email to be sent to me that said it was now corrected but still not working just and endless cycle of entering my email and receiving the same email again with the same link.

Did your Email work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Legits wrote: »
    I tried the pre order link and it generated an email to be sent to me that said it was now corrected but still not working just and endless cycle of entering my email and receiving the same email again with the same link.

Same here the link just regenerates the e-mail.

Seems to have worked for me. Tried on my work laptop and got authentication failed and then tried on my mobile phone which worked as I needed a verification text and then when I went through the top of the page said "oops we encounterd the following error, This product either does not exist or is no longer available" but when I scroll down it says it's paid.

Just got an email then with ;
    Loading 100% complete.
    Your Xbox preorder is now complete. Very exciting...

Please ensure you visit your chosen store for collection from November 10th*. Your console will be waiting for you.

Also, note that you will have up until the 17th November to collect your Xbox console. If you are unable to do so, unfortunately, we will have to issue a full refund.

Just a little reminder

Please bring with you your preorder number found in your confirmation email along with a valid form of ID to verify your purchase (Valid forms of ID include a passport or driving licence)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Seems to have worked for me. Tried on my work laptop and got authentication failed and then tried on my mobile phone which worked as I needed a verification text and then when I went through the top of the page said "oops we encounterd the following error, This product either does not exist or is no longer available" but when I scroll down it says it's paid.

Just got an email then with ;

I got the same error message at the top of the screen after completing the order, I guess it becomes ‘no longer available’ because you’ve bought it now. I got the confirmation email and funds immediately taken out of my account, you should be sorted. 18 days :)

Yeah I'm not worried once I got the confirmation email. I still had the fall back option in Gamestop and the Series S booked in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Must sent individually I've nothing in.

Same.
    Nothing in from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you able to post something to CEX to sell? Want to offload my 2x One S’s but now with Level 5 restrictions I can’t!

Yes

"Stores across Ireland are closed, you can still Buy and Sell online, plus sellers can Drop & Go at most CeX store locations 11am - 2pm Monday to Friday from 27/10/20."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxb1s500gw001&categoryName=xbox-one-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-one-s-500gb-white-boxed

Assuming this is the correct version for you.

Just click "I want to sell" > Advance to Checkout. Sign in and complete.

Yeah I'm not worried once I got the confirmation email. I still had the fall back option in Gamestop and the Series S booked in Smyths.

I'm worried about curry's if you have a spare pre order I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Series X paper cutout.

For those that didn't get the pre order in.

https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4FGAe

• Advertisement

I'm worried about curry's if you have a spare pre order I'd be interested

My other one is in GameStop Waterford and like the majority I’m waiting to hear from them

Advertisement