Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Also available on amazon.de

If you use Parcel Motel - They'll deliver it to them by Nov 10th (select priority delivery)

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B087VM5XC6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Ouch, missed that :/

Yeah sorry I actually offered it on 2 different occasions as I bought an S instead, it’s only for a 7 year old who plays fortnite and a few Lego games so the S is more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Anybody have watchdogs preordered in Gamestop. I don't so just wondering what is happening with your preorders in stores with click and collect or ones that are closed. Persume nobody has heard yet about console preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Akrasia wrote: »
    Other than the fact that all of the dialogue in any game you play wiil be in spanish, it's all good

Wrong. It will be in the region set from the console and language options

Wrong. It will be in the region set from the console and language options

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Haha, there's always one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I know the bit in bold is a joke but the power cord will need an adapter for use in Ireland.

Or just push the earth pin down in the socket and plug it in as the voltage is the same, or change the plug on it. Or use an old Xbox cable or from another device as it's not proprietary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr.S wrote: »
    The voltage is the same but the pins are often not, so while it fits - it’s not always safe.

2min job to change the plug though.

Shouldn't matter with a figure 8 cord though, should it? It doesn't matter which way you plug it in on the device, so the wiring on the plug won't matter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    Shouldn't matter with a figure 8 cord though, should it? It doesn't matter which way you plug it in on the device, so the wiring on the plug won't matter either.

Doesn't really matter anyway, the ac will still convert to dc without issue with the live and neutral reversed. The only reason they are marked differently is to keep the schematics in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Has anyone received word from Gamestop yet as to whether they'll get a console on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Limpar wrote: »
    Has anyone received word from Gamestop yet as to whether they'll get a console on launch day?

Nope. Only traded in an Xbox one x on 23rd of September, so I doubt I’ll get one on launch anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1321437398757072896

They've finished up their BC testing. I had been thinking that maybe they'd be unlocking the games in batches once it came out, but great to see that everything will be available on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Not a thing. Ordered it on pre order day and it's paid in full. You'd think you'd be told SOMETHING at this stage. Bit of a joke at this stage between no communication from them and curry's acting the bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If they aren't in contact by this time next week then it's probably time to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just got one there from gamestop in regards the ps5 that my order is included with the launch allocation. They will be in contact again in the near future with further details. Now I got nothing about the xbox but I only ordered that on launch day where as I ordered ps5 in December gone so I doubt will get the xbox on launch day but here is hoping. Must be sending out emails at moment so if ps5 is out after xbox they must be sending them out as well so if I don't get one by end of the wk for xbox I presume I won't get one on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Finally got my order sorted with Currys, what an ordeal! Hopefully I'll be able to take annual leave and pick it up on release day :D

Unboxing videos all over You Tube today.

It's not really important but the packaging and presentation of Series X is really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Unboxing videos all over You Tube today.

It's not really important but the packaging and presentation of Series X is really impressive.

With the advent of YouTube and all the unboxing channels.

Packaging can be an art form, and a big part of the experience! :)

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just got one there from gamestop in regards the ps5 that my order is included with the launch allocation. They will be in contact again in the near future with further details. Now I got nothing about the xbox but I only ordered that on launch day where as I ordered ps5 in December gone so I doubt will get the xbox on launch day but here is hoping. Must be sending out emails at moment so if ps5 is out after xbox they must be sending them out as well so if I don't get one by end of the wk for xbox I presume I won't get one on launch day.

Apparently emails are going out over the next 48 hours for PS5 and at a later date for Xbox due to the later preorder date.

1c0161b468bd4b8efabe1afb75599e72.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Finally got my order sorted with Currys, what an ordeal! Hopefully I'll be able to take annual leave and pick it up on release day :D

How did you get it sorted im just going around in circles

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    With the advent of YouTube and all the unboxing channels.

Packaging can be an art form, and a big part of the experience! :)

Yes, I'm a sucker for it too. Unboxing a new product is weirdly rewarding. Xbox and Apple taken it to a new level.

Wish I'd started one of those channels years ago.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Legits wrote: »
    How did you get it sorted im just going around in circles

I got an another corrected email 2 days ago from Currys basically stating there was an issue with the first batch of emails sent around and apologized. I also sent a DM with my details to the CC team on twitter a few days back, not sure if that helped or not though!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Doyler99 wrote: »
    I got an another corrected email 2 days ago from Currys basically stating there was an issue with the first batch of emails sent around and apologized. I also sent a DM with my details to the CC team on twitter a few days back, not sure if that helped or not though!

Yeah I got that corrected email but its still not working.

Love this, they really have embraced the fridge joke.

I wonder how many they made. Saw Snoop Dog & iJustine got one.

Did people get all the game references in the fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If anyone wants a Series S pre-order let me know before I cancel mine.

Apparently emails are going out over the next 48 hours for PS5 and at a later date for Xbox due to the later preorder date.

1c0161b468bd4b8efabe1afb75599e72.jpg

Goes to show how much GameStop s**t the bed on this, people complaining on twitter that they've been confirmed to not be getting a launch PS5 after ordering in July.

Hope the same doesn't happen with the Xbox, stock being available to order on the proper pre-order day unlike the PS5 is a good sign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Would of thought the xbox as out 1st would of sent those emails out before the ps5

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Would of thought the xbox as out 1st would of sent those emails out before the ps5

The preorder date for the Xbox was after the PS5, the Xbox confirmations are being sent at an unspecified later date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

If anyone wants a Series S pre-order let me know before I cancel mine.

Why not put your pre-order into the thread I started just now.

Advertisement