Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Limpar wrote: »
    Has anyone received word from Gamestop yet as to whether they'll get a console on launch day?
    THIS WAS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM GAMESTOP.
    Please note that pre-orders placed in closed stores CANNOT be collected from any store that is remaining open.

Customer Service unfortunately do not have access to let you know your position in a store queue.
    To this end, we would like to reassure you that we will be in contact again in the near future regarding fulfilment options and availability for your orders.

We appreciate your patience and will be in touch with you soon.

Kind Regards,

GameStop | Elizabeth | Customer Relations Officer - Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1321437398757072896

They've finished up their BC testing. I had been thinking that maybe they'd be unlocking the games in batches once it came out, but great to see that everything will be available on release.

Great job by the team, can't wait! :D

Of course the first reply is some gowl whinging about wanting new games!
    God, I wish I could exert physical violence on these pricks! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

marcbrophy wrote: »

Yes make them blows Connect.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Ironically enough its the old games like Destiny 2 and MW Warzone in looking forward to. I'll even give the gears a campaign 5 a spin again.

Yes make them blows Connect.:P

Ah, I'm just venting, I wouldn't harm a fly :D
    V9 wrote: »
    Ironically enough its the old games like Destiny 2 and MW Warzone in looking forward to. I'll even give the gears a campaign 5 a spin again.

Yeah, me too! No Man's Sky update should be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Ah, I'm just venting, I wouldn't harm a fly :D

Make those blows connect.

Did not want to make the joke too obvious.
    51Xfakg%2BBRL._SX466_.jpg

Yeah, me too! No Man's Sky update should be great :)

I got the joke, I just didn't Kinect with it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I’m new in this thread and instead of reading back I’m just going to ask , when do we reckon they’ll be taking new orders on the series x ? Surely before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I’m new in this thread and instead of reading back I’m just going to ask , when do we reckon they’ll be taking new orders on the series x ? Surely before Xmas
    I would say after launch in places like smyths harvey Norman ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Anyone here that's ordered directly from Microsoft?

They won't take payment until they are shipping it, anyone any idea what date it's expected to be shipped? Want to make sure to have the money on the account ready to go, I assume it'll be shipped a good days earlier if they plan on getting it to everyone by Nov 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

SlitsK92 wrote: »

They won't take payment until they are shipping it, anyone any idea what date it's expected to be shipped? Want to make sure to have the money on the account ready to go, I assume it'll be shipped a good days earlier if they plan on getting it to everyone by Nov 11th
    I would put the money in now only 12 days till launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

SlitsK92 wrote: »

I had thought it was 10 days or so before launch. Could be wrong on that though. Either way I'd say to be safe to put the money in that account now just in case. I've already had one order cancelled on me over an unknown bank issue, not risking it again this close to launch.

It depends on the store but overall there will be more available to order before xmas.

They will sell fast, there's not going to be a point this side of xmas where supply exceeds demand. You'll have to be on the ball, same as with the initial wave of pre-orders. Watching threads closely, setting up notifications etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

I was told by Smyth's that all stock that they have was reserved for preorders but to check on launch day because all future stick they get will go on the website. Anyone know what time that would be on the 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ShaunC wrote: »
    THIS WAS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM GAMESTOP.
    Please note that pre-orders placed in closed stores CANNOT be collected from any store that is remaining open.

Customer Service unfortunately do not have access to let you know your position in a store queue.
    To this end, we would like to reassure you that we will be in contact again in the near future regarding fulfilment options and availability for your orders.

We appreciate your patience and will be in touch with you soon.

Kind Regards,

GameStop | Elizabeth | Customer Relations Officer - Ireland

Just bumping this as I feel it got kinda missed - looks like if you have a preorder in store, you're goosed till they reopen.

The conspiracy theorist in me reckons that they'll pull something shady now. Why bother going to the hassle of organizing someone at closed stores to come in and take delivery of inventory, when they can likely take it all to their online depot, and use that stock to service online preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just bumping this as I feel it got kinda missed - looks like if you have a preorder in store, you're goosed till they reopen.

The conspiracy theorist in me reckons that they'll pull something shady now. Why bother going to the hassle of organizing someone at closed stores to come in and take delivery of inventory, when they can likely take it all to their online depot, and use that stock to service online preorders?

Well I ordered the ps5 in Stephens green store and I got the email from gamestop saying my order is included with the launch allocation. Stephens green gamestop isn't opened so it looks like they will be sorting it out there so I presume same for the xbox. Say be home delivery when I get further contact from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I really don't know how you make all those jumps when it's clear they have to abide by government restrictions and also say that they will be in touch.

I think they'll have to have consoles shipped with clients. If I were Gamestop I'd use that partnership they now have with Xbox and get their pre-orders added to Microsofts pre-orders but I'd say that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I don’t know why there’s any conspiracy since they said with the stores that are closed they’ll be working on getting those consoles ordered in store out for delivery to an address of the recipient.

My take away from their post was they'd courier the units to the home if your local shop was closed. The issue in having is they're leaving it very late in the day to go through the motions to compile addresses etc. They'd want to be getting ready to go this day week or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Our problem is, we are getting anxious about launch day getting close and Gamestop are not giving us firm answers like the way they were quick to take our deposit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm definitely an outlier but I'd be delighted if I could wait until the shops are back open before collecting mine. I have to trade in my One-X to make the numbers work and was nearly resigned to losing my €50 deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Anyone have the inside line with Microsoft online store pre-orders? Should I be guaranteed one at launch even if +1or2 days for delivery with they way things are?

Our problem is, we are getting anxious about launch day getting close and Gamestop are not giving us firm answers like the way they were quick to take our deposit

This is 100% the issue but I'd reckon we would all be a small bit happier if we were told something

Like I'm my situation and I'm sure a few like me, I was trading in my 1X and in a panic I went and paid in full with cash the day before lockdown in the fear they did do something like a click and collect in my local store and wouldn't take a trade in on the day or as they seem to be doing, posting them out.

They never really gave us a concrete plan going forward. I was putting money on it every week to meet the balance with the trade in and I'm sure there are people out there doing similar and don't have the balance clear coming up to launch day.

I'm fully aware in the times we're in things can go a bit arse ways but I'm seeing different retail sites in the country don't seem to have a plan. I had a bad experience with one electronics retailer with a laptop and the communication was brutal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anyone have the inside line with Microsoft online store pre-orders? Should I be guaranteed one at launch even if +1or2 days for delivery with they way things are?

I think it's likely most will get it on launch day, and if there's people missing out on launch day, then it should be there soon after.

That's assuming everything goes well, with no address mistakes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

GameStop email just arrived confirming launch day allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

GameStop email just arrived confirming launch day allocation

Just got mine also :)

Edit: Pre ordered in store in January

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got mine for launch, instore order(wexford) in early june.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

wexdevil wrote: »
    Got mine for launch, instore order(wexford) in early june.

I ordered later than that, mid September-ish. No email. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Got an email there to say I’d be getting one at launch

Mine was ordered 13th of September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No email as of yet, but my communication with GameStop is always weird, they tend to call my house phone over all other communication types.

I'll probably get a text message tomorrow as some people did today with PS5 orders.

Advertisement