Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just bumping this as I feel it got kinda missed - looks like if you have a preorder in store, you're goosed till they reopen.

The conspiracy theorist in me reckons that they'll pull something shady now. Why bother going to the hassle of organizing someone at closed stores to come in and take delivery of inventory, when they can likely take it all to their online depot, and use that stock to service online preorders?
    V9 wrote: »
    This is 100% the issue but I'd reckon we would all be a small bit happier if we were told something

Like I'm my situation and I'm sure a few like me, I was trading in my 1X and in a panic I went and paid in full with cash the day before lockdown in the fear they did do something like a click and collect in my local store and wouldn't take a trade in on the day or as they seem to be doing, posting them out.

They never really gave us a concrete plan going forward. I was putting money on it every week to meet the balance with the trade in and I'm sure there are people out there doing similar and don't have the balance clear coming up to launch day.

I'm fully aware in the times we're in things can go a bit arse ways but I'm seeing different retail sites in the country don't seem to have a plan. I had a bad experience with one electronics retailer with a laptop and the communication was brutal.

GS have said they'll contact people closer to launch. If you've secured a day one order, you'll likely get a email this week confirming it. It's the same as PS5 and all the panicking was put to ease yesterday, when GS started sending out the waves of PS5 confirmation. Give it a few days and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Wonder where would best place be pre Order x box at this late stage ? Won’t have one till 2021 I presume if I pre order now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Got an email there to say I’d be getting one at launch

Mine was ordered 13th of September

Did they take the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

brady12 wrote: »
    Wonder where would best place be pre Order x box at this late stage ? Won’t have one till 2021 I presume if I pre order now ?

You can always try Argos at midnight I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Put my pre-order in Dundrum on September 12th, got confirmation just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Just got my Email there

Pre ordered late July in store and it’s confirmed for launch day allocation

At least I will be getting one in two weeks time Woop ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Jlynam wrote: »
    Did they take the money?

Not yet anyway. I traded in an Xbox one x and give them €70 or something. I owe them €200

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I need to stop checking my emails every 5 minutes. Its not going to happen at this stage��

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ShaunC wrote: »
    I need to stop checking my emails every 5 minutes. Its not going to happen at this stage��

You could end up getting a text message tomorrow. Still no email here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

What day did you guys waiting on an email order the console?

Sept 22nd here but I ordered from one of the Gamestop stores that has closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

I got in early on the pre order date and my order has always said 10/11.

If it is possible that I won't get it on launch day it has never been made clear in any of the communications I've received directly from them or when I ordered it.

It's a bit ridiculous if I didn't join the "queue" that I actually did join the queue but they didn't make that clear.

I have o real problem with them having the queue system once allocation was gone but it certainly was not the notice on the site at point of order for me on the morning of Sept 22nd.

Sweet, got a confirmation from GS that I'm in the launch allocation. It was an in store trade-in done in September.

DK224 wrote: »

Sept 23rd here but I ordered from one of the Gamestop stores that has closed

I pre-pre ordered on the 20th as I was going to be working on pre order day. I was told I would be moved onto the queue on the 22nd.
    I occasionally get emails from them that I don't want but now I want one, it won't come. At least tell us something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

DK224 wrote: »

Sept 22nd here but I ordered from one of the Gamestop stores that has closed

22nd as well. I never knew they were taking pre orders before that.

They called it something different then

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

I pre ordered very day consoles became available for pre order in store and no text/email, fingers crossed!

Me too, though Smyths would have been my port of call, I was told earlier this year they weren't taking pre orders so was waiitng for official launch of pre orders.

I'd prefer not to buy in GS if I can avoid it but hopefully in this case some further news would be good. I was under the impression I had a pre order as the notice on the site change after I placed mine to say all launch units had sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pre-ordered on the 16th Sept and still no sign of my email confirmation.
    Ordered from the Crescent branch in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Got email from gamestop It says that my order is included in our second wave due end of November. I paid on launch day so I am happy with that as I got email in regards to the ps5 I will be getting that so least will have something there to play and sure might be near to end of lockdown so might be able to collect it from swords store where I paid for it.

I'm just after recieving a note. Second wave also for the end of November.

• Advertisement

mikew1985 wrote: »
    I'm just after recieving a note. Second wave also for the end of November.

Same. Ordered on the 18th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Got email from gamestop It says that my order is included in our second wave due end of November. I paid on launch day so I am happy with that as I got email in regards to the ps5 I will be getting that so least will have something there to play and sure might be near to end of lockdown so might be able to collect it from swords store where I paid for it.

Second wave for me too. Minor annoyance in that I hadn't realised that I could have chucked in €50 in store at an earlier point. I waited until a launch date was confirmed before asking Gamestop. End-November is a bit vague.

On the other hand, the deal is good, so can't complain too much. I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Here least 2nd wave is in November so not the worse at the end of the day probably 2 or 2.5 wks later

Just got email. Also second wave. :-(
    Better than a slap of a wet fish across the face i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Second waver here. Hi to the second wavers above and below me :D

Plus I also have a fully paid off pre order with Harvey...

(I will be giving one of my two orders to the brother in law)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Here least 2nd wave is in November so not the worse at the end of the day probably 2 or 2.5 wks later

It's my difficulty in explaining to 6 year old why I've taken away the beloved One X to be replaced by some magic beans some time in November.

I was also a fool to say we'd be back in action in " a couple of weeks". Should never have taught him how to count!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Glad I went with Microsoft

tony1980 wrote: »
    Glad I went with Microsoft

And no more gloating..........

• Advertisement

I knew it would be a clusterfcuk with GameStop, unfortunately I needed trade ins for it to work financially seeing as I've a guaranteed launch PS5 in Smyths as well.

Will probably end up with the PS5 before the Series X arrives now.

Advertisement