Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

tony1980 wrote: »
    Glad I went with Microsoft

The trade in makes it worth it for me, even with the wait, TBF. Meant I could buy an Oculus Quest 2 with the savings. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,477 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Couldn't Gamestop have come up with a better phrase than "Second Wave" in the current situation we're now?

I wouldn't want to be part of the second wave.

Me too, I went to Gamestop on the Saturday before pre-orders opened and I found them very vague.

Couldn't give me a trade in price on a One X and also was pushing me to pay €50 to go on a list.

Glad I went with MS.

So let's see how that goes.

Wonder when we'll start to see shipments being despatched, what route they take and if we get them on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Pre ordered late September from Gamestop. Haven't received any email yet about which wave I am in. Anyone else receive nothing yet?

The 2 waves is surely down to logistics involved with mass deliveries. Its not like they are restocking within the 2 week period. I think they should be given a break here, they've come up with a plan to satisfy a sh!t load of orders that were meant to be for collection within a reasonable date range. They could very easily have told us all to wait till they're open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Pre ordered late September from Gamestop. Haven't received any email yet about which wave I am in. Anyone else receive nothing yet?

Nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tommyboy87 wrote: »

Same, have contacted customer care but they're now closed since 16:30pm.

Same, have contacted customer care but they're now closed since 16:30pm.

Contacted them myself and said they are contacting customers and make sure you check your spam box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hold your gloating until after we actually get them. Ordered a charger off MS recently, and they put the wrong Eircode on it. No idea why. Took a phone call and several days to sort out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »
    Couldn't Gamestop have come up with a better phrase than "Second Wave" in the current situation we're now?

I wouldn't want to be part of the second wave.

I know, right? It'd be like right after 9/11, they send you an email about your going "we're going to fly your order right into your house!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hold your gloating until after we actually get them. Ordered a charger off MS recently, and they put the wrong Eircode on it. No idea why. Took a phone call and several days to sort out.

There's something messed up between them and UPS and how their labelling works. I've had items disappear into Galway, despite been destined for Dublin, because the address they have for you on their system, it gets concatenated on the UPS label.

One misdirected package was exactly as you said, UPS had some Eircode completely unrelated to the city it was destined for. I had Microsoft read out the address they despatched it to, which was fully correct, but yet UPS had something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

murpho999 wrote: »
    Me too, I went to Gamestop on the Saturday before pre-orders opened and I found them very vague.

Couldn't give me a trade in price on a One X and also was pushing me to pay €50 to go on a list.

Glad I went with MS.

So let's see how that goes.

Wonder when we'll start to see shipments being despatched, what route they take and if we get them on launch day.

Yes, me too and didn't mean it to be gloating :P we could end up unlucky! I didn't go through GameStop as I have found my local one terrible with making up their own warranty laws no matter what I have said so I just said i'd never go there again!

I remember going into gamestop the Tuesday before lockdown and asked them if I could trade in my 1X before the shop closes and was told they aren't taking any trade ins til after lockdown. Read on this thread someone traded in their system on the Wednesday of lockdown.

They haven't a clue half the time.

Yes, me too and didn't mean it to be gloating :P we could end up unlucky! I didn't go through GameStop as I have found my local one terrible with making up their own warranty laws no matter what I have said so I just said i'd never go there again!
    No matter where you buy it from you can deal directly with MS when it comes to warranty. I never bother with the stores, just go straight to MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's something messed up between them and UPS and how their labelling works.

I've had the same experience. UPS lost my order from Microsoft last Christmas and its because of them that I was hesitant to order from MS directly again. Microsoft were sound and refunded me but how do UPS lose something with an eircode and full address on it? It's their one job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pcadhain wrote: »
    I've had the same experience. UPS lost my order from Microsoft last Christmas and its because of them that I was hesitant to order from MS directly again. Microsoft were sound and refunded me but how do UPS lose something with an eircode and full address on it? It's their one job.

They didn’t.
    It’s probably in one of workers homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I got the email for second wave too.

I put in my preorder a few days before the 22nd, that means that the allocation for swords was already gone before they should have started selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Just tried Currys again there ( been hitting the link randomly every day) and it finally went through to payment. It seemed to take the payment but had error after payment that preorder expired or something. But I still got a confirmation email that it's paid and to collect on 10th. Will check tomorrow if actually went off my card but no idea will I actually have a console now on launch day,.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I know, right? It'd be like right after 9/11, they send you an email about your going "we're going to fly your order right into your house!!"

Next email will be:

Your second wave order is locked down at Level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Seeing most are sh*t*ing on GameStop. I'd like to sing praise of GameStop Waterford.
    They've always been geniune gamers and never attempt to push anything, you wouldn't need.
    They've been like this for years, even though they've changed staff over and over.
    Big shout out to the regional manager Richie, a genuine good guy.
    That's all, cheers.;)

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    Seeing most are sh*t*ing on GameStop. I'd like to sing praise of GameStop Waterford.
    They've always been geniune gamers and never attempt to push anything, you wouldn't need.
    They've been like this for years, even though they've changed staff over and over.
    Big shout out to the regional manager Richie, a genuine good guy.
    That's all, cheers.;)

Thanks Richie.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I can't believe people still even use Gamestop....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

dar83 wrote: »

why not ? Have got myself a guaranteed Xbox Series X and a PS5 on launch day, cannot ask for anymore than that,

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

dar83 wrote: »
    Believe it, Gamestop have about 40 shops in Ireland which is good considering the amount of online options available to shoppers. I never see stuff cheaper with them but they are often the same price as online retailers. Also they tend to be good for console trading in offers

ShaunC wrote: »
    Believe it, Gamestop have about 40 shops in Ireland which is good considering the amount of online options available to shoppers. I never see stuff cheaper with them but they are often the same price as online retailers. Also they tend to be good for console trading in offers

Exactly. 2 OG Xbox Ones traded in for One S's with Fifa for €70, then those same two One S's traded back in for One X's for just over €100 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭BenK

Didn't hear anything from Gamestop yet but I did only preorder on the 2nd October so not too confident...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I have a series x coming from microsoft whats the odds of getting it delivered on launch. I was thinking of taking the day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    why not ? Have got myself a guaranteed Xbox Series X and a PS5 on launch day, cannot ask for anymore than that,

Will they be open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

ziggyman17 wrote: »

If that's where your bar is set, then I guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

druss wrote: »
    It's my difficulty in explaining to 6 year old why I've taken away the beloved One X to be replaced by some magic beans some time in November.

I was also a fool to say we'd be back in action in " a couple of weeks". Should never have taught him how to count!
    Tough that alright. Could be worse imagine it was a PS5 hmm 2nd wave 2021 or the likes. But yeah will b long but hopefully this time next month u have it there.

Advertisement