Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

dar83 wrote: »
    I can't believe people still even use Gamestop....

Ah well, now you can.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Like I am wondering if GameStop will be offering us a discounted game with the Xbox ?

I know they where going to be offering cyber punk but that’s delayed so I am wondering could we be getting a Ubisoft game at a discount or something else now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TrivialArguer

bazzz wrote: »
    Seeing most are sh*t*ing on GameStop. I'd like to sing praise of GameStop Waterford.
    They've always been geniune gamers and never attempt to push anything, you wouldn't need.
    They've been like this for years, even though they've changed staff over and over.
    Big shout out to the regional manager Richie, a genuine good guy.
    That's all, cheers.;)

Reminds of when Djs on the radio read out texts from callers :pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Like I am wondering if GameStop will be offering us a discounted game with the Xbox ?

I know they where going to be offering cyber punk but that’s delayed so I am wondering could we be getting a Ubisoft game at a discount or something else now ?

AC Valhalla would be a good bet, the game and Xbox have featured each other in a lot of their respective marketing. They also release the same day...

I could easily imagine there being bundle deals

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

AC Valhalla would be a good bet, the game and Xbox have featured each other in a lot of their respective marketing. They also release the same day...

I could easily imagine there being bundle deals

Or we could see a discount on gamespass after all Microsoft and GameStop have that partnership now .....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Email received from GS yesterday to confirm the S on launch, preordered 22/09. Their pricing is nuts, but when they do trade in offers they can be hard to beat.
    Traded in my PS4 slim for Pro for stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone received emails from GameStop that is on their 'join the queue' list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RB3anz

Anyone who was supposed to collect an Xbox Series X at a GameStop at launch still waiting on an email/text from GameStop in relation to their order?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RB3anz wrote: »
    Anyone who was supposed to collect an Xbox Series X at a GameStop at launch still waiting on an email/text from GameStop in relation to their order?

My brother hasn't received his, though for some reason I think it may have gone under my account despite him using his own GameStop card to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Me. I got onto customer service yesterday, and they emailed me the following.
    I'll paste it here as it may be useful to others.

Hello **********,

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service.

As we are experiencing high volumes of queries at this time, we have compiled a list of FAQs regarding orders for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
    Please take the time to read through the information or jump to the section that is applicable to your query.

• Can I still place an order for the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S?
    Unfortunately we have now reached our allocation for all PS5 consoles and it is currently not possible to place a new order at this time.
    The queue for Xbox Series X/S can still be joined at the following link:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=40&rootGenre=27

• Will I have a console for launch day / When will I receive my console?
    We have begun sending out communications to all customers who have pre-ordered the new Xbox and Playstation consoles. These communications have been sent via email and also in some instances via text message.
    We would also recommend checking spam folders as this communication may have been flagged depending on your inbox settings.
    These communications will confirm whether you are in the Day 1 allocation or in the queue for further allocations of consoles to be determined at a later date.

• I have not received a notification regarding my in-store order. What now?
    It may be the case that no email or an old email was provided in-store when your order was placed. If this is the case please send the following information to the relevant email address regarding the console that you have ordered and your information on file will be updated.
    Phone number / First name / Last name / Email address / Console Type (Disc or Digital)
    For Playstation orders: ps5@gamestop.com
    For Xbox orders: xbox@gamestop.com
    Please note that you will not receive a reply from either of these inboxes once your information has been submitted.

• How do I pay the remaining balance of my console and how will I get my order?
    You will receive another communication in the near future which will include information on how to pay any outstanding balance (if applicable) and also the method of how your order will be made available to you.
    We hope that we have answered your query in this response, however if this is not the case please reply to this email and a customer service representative will be back in contact with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Customer service team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, still waiting. I ordered mine online two minutes after orders went live in September, still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I came to this thread to see if anyone had heard anything about the launch with GameStop being closed, and saw your post. Checked my emails and had one from yesterday to say I am included in the launch allocation.

I would have been surprised if I wasn't because I placed my deposit in August 2019! Anyway, can start to get excited about it again as I had lost confidence that I would get one at launch with the lockdown.

Game on!

Got the call from GameStop (one of the open stores) to allocate my XSX time slot, for collection.

I had the console fully paid off and went for the Cyberpunk bundle €40 extra.
    Then just paid the €40 via CC over the phone. They'll be doing the PS5 slots next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Nothing for me either as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Me. I got onto customer service yesterday, and they emailed me the following.
    I'll paste it here as it may be useful to others.

Hello **********,

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service.

• Can I still place an order for the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S?
    Unfortunately we have now reached our allocation for all PS5 consoles and it is currently not possible to place a new order at this time.
    The queue for Xbox Series X/S can still be joined at the following link:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=40&rootGenre=27

Kind regards,
    Customer service team.

They should definitely update that pre-order link bit saying [Not all pre-orders guaranteed for Launch Day] . There is no point really in giving people the impression that it is still "possible" that they might be getting a console on 11 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

druss wrote: »
    They should definitely update that pre-order link bit saying [Not all pre-orders guaranteed for Launch Day] . There is no point really in giving people the impression that it is still "possible" that they might be getting a console on 11 November.

I dunno, seems clear enough to me, it looks like they're flat out not taking any more ps5 orders as all units they expect to receive have been allocated.
    My take on the wording is that they expect more units of xbox consoles to become available as part of wave 2 / 3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got the call from GameStop (one of the open stores) to allocate my XSX time slot, for collection.

Then just paid the €40 via CC over the phone. They'll be doing the PS5 slots next week.

So you've to go back another day to collect Cyberpunk?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So you've to go back another day to collect Cyberpunk?

Probably yes. I'll have to see when I collect the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Glad to see they’re doing this to avoid long queues. Is it an hour window or what way are they working it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I dunno, seems clear enough to me, it looks like they're flat out not taking any more ps5 orders as all units they expect to receive have been allocated.
    My take on the wording is that they expect more units of xbox consoles to become available as part of wave 2 / 3 etc.

If i was looking at it, without already being sat waiting in wave 2, i'd be thinking "If I preorder now, I still have a chance of an Xbox Series X on 11 November".

It says it's not guaranteed, when frankly it's no longer possible unless they get a huge reallocation from somewhere.

• Advertisement

Glad to see they’re doing this to avoid long queues. Is it an hour window or what way are they working it?

Yes I think he said they are doing it possibly five at a time. I had a specific early morning time, I was number five.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got the call there now myself, had me down for 8:30 lmao no way I would be able to make it down that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

For people that ordered off MS. Reddit users seeing money being taken from bank accounts or pending transaction. Still saying pending on microsoft.com though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I got an email from them this afternoon, seems they're targeting delivery for the day.
    Dear Microsoft Store Customer,

Thank you for preordering your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S from Microsoft Store. Please keep the following things in mind to ensure you receive your new console as quickly as possible.

Your credit card will be charged up to 10 days prior to shipping to ensure that the console can be delivered on 10 November 2020. Please double check that your personal credit card information is up to date at: https://account.microsoft.com.

Once we start processing your order, you will receive a shipping notification. Please note this shipment notification is not generated until your order has left our warehouse. Please be patient, orders will be delivered throughout the full day on 10 November 2020.

To ensure delivery success please make sure your contact details, including phone number and/or email address is up to date on your Microsoft Account (https://account.microsoft.com) in case the transport company needs to contact you prior to delivery.

Thank you for shopping with us,

Microsoft Store Team

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

SNAP, damn near exact same post as Hurrache

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Checked my mail and I got the same email.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Sweet i got that email too. I wonder if its possible to add a landline phone number to the account as mobile coverage is terrible at my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've got that same email from MS. Great stuff.

Also see they're realy saying we'd get consoles on the 10th which is what I expected them to do. Think I'll take a couple of days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Got the same. Doubt I'll get it on launch day though, it's coming from Poland. Need to re do my address too, missing a letter from eircode. Don't want to give them any reason not to deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

No email for me :eek::eek:

I should stop reading this thread and live oblivious and not get worked up over something small ha

Advertisement