Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

rm212 wrote: »
    That’s not what it means at all. RDNA2 is the name of the GPU architecture, both of the next gen consoles have GPUs on the RDNA2 architecture and the newly revealed 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT GPUs by AMD are also based on this architecture - also called Big Navi.

When Xbox says they have FULL RDNA2, they mean that every AMD RDNA2 feature has been included in their Series X GPU, whereas PS5 does not have all of them. This is primarily because Sony decided that they did not need some of them. For example, they don’t need RDNA2’s storage/SSD related tech because they have their own custom SSD/IO tech - so why would they put in the RDNA2 one at extra cost?

This blog post is essentially Xbox trying to sound like there’s something special going on here but in reality, both GPUs are using RDNA2 - Sony just trimmed some fat that they didn’t want. And I say this as somebody getting both consoles, who will be buying most third party games on the Series X myself.

And supposedly some of the new functionality added by Sony (aggressive polygon culling for example) might be making its way to RDNA3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Can I still order a series X from Microsoft that could get in second wave of console releases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mr.S wrote: »
    I ordered one of the shock blue controllers and it also has an arrival date of the 10th.

I ordered the same one :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NeilBreen

Has anyone received preorder message from GameStop Dundalk?
    Pre-ordered in-store September 21st but haven't heard anything from them

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Working on a theory on the Microsoft emails. Anyone who did not get the email does your email start with a number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Working on a theory on the Microsoft emails. Anyone who did not get the email does your email start with a number?

I haven't got the email yet, my email does not start with a number.

I made my preorder at 8.10 the morning they went live.

I haven't got the email yet, my email does not start with a number.

I made my preorder at 8.10 the morning they went live.

My theory is gone lol. But most people that haven't gotten an email seem to have ordered before 8:15 am which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I haven’t had an email yet myself and I ordered immediately on the morning, within the first 5 minutes or so I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My OnePlus Nord that I got this week shipped from Poland on Monday at about 3pm.
    I had it in my hands from DHL on Tuesday at about 2pm.
    I'm fairly confident in MS handling the logistics of this correctly.
    Secretly hoping they ship it early and we get it early too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

My theory is gone lol. But most people that haven't gotten an email seem to have ordered before 8:15 am which is strange

Just checked my email and I had the confirmation email at 8.03 on the 22nd Sept but I haven't received the latest email from MS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Interesting. My order went through at 8:05am that morning but still not received the email..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

fifth wrote: »
    Interesting. My order went through at 8:05am that morning but still not received the email..

8:23 for me and no mail here either. I reckon they are just sending them out in batches. Or maybe they are only sending to accounts that don't have all the listed information from the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

I was really worrying after so many received the email from MS & I hadn't but went into my Trash folder and it was there, I must have deleted it thinking it was Spam or something, thank fu*k for that!

I received my order confirmation 8.40 on the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Mr.S wrote: »
    My order timestamp is 8:01am - and I got an email. In theory they could only be sending the email to people in the first 'wave' (whatever that is) as they are guaranteed launch day delivery. Edit: as above, people far later in the hour are getting emails.

But more likely, due to the number of orders, they are just sending out the emails in batches. Or you just failed to get the email, delivery failure is common.

Just checked my timestamp and it is 8.03, no email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Does the Series X work with ultra wide monitors or is it just a stretched image like on the 1X? Was thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, am I right in assuming there's no way to avail of the Gamestop trade in offer for my XSX if the stores won't be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No possible way of it happening. Best bet is private sale

Logged in my bank app and I see a pending charge on my account. The app doesn't say what is for, but based on the amount its the Xbox Series X and accessories I ordered. Checked my order on the MS website and it is still pending, but the options to change things are no long available on either my Series X or accessories orders.

So I reckon they are charging people now.

wes wrote: »
    Logged in my bank app and I see a pending charge on my account. The app doesn't say what is for, but based on the amount its the Xbox Series X and accessories I ordered. Checked my order on the MS website and it is still pending, but the options to change thins are no long available on either my Series X or accessories orders.

So I reckon they are charging people now.

Definitely getting a bit concerned now... no email from Microsoft Store yet, no charge and I got order confirmation at 08:19 on the morning of pre orders...

Definitely getting a bit concerned now... no email from Microsoft Store yet, no charge and I got order confirmation at 08:19 on the morning of pre orders...

I would think you would be fine. My order confirmation was 08:04 that morning, so only a few minutes before yours. Maybe check your order online and see if you still have options to change anything. I don't have options on my orders anymore.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    I would think you would be fine. My order confirmation was 08:04 that morning, so only a few minutes before yours. Maybe check your order online and see if you still have options to change anything. I don't have options on my orders anymore.

Yeah I still have the option to change payment method or cancel the order for my Series X and the separate order for the Shock Blue controller... no email has me worried, seems almost everyone has that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

I got the email off Microsoft yesterday but haven't been charged.
    Hopefully it's just being done in stages

Yeah I still have the option to change payment method or cancel the order for my Series X and the separate order for the Shock Blue controller... no email has me worried, seems almost everyone has that now...

Ah, maybe they working through people in waves?

You bastard! In the same boat and wasn't worried but am now lol

You bastard! In the same boat and wasn't worried but am now lol

Well at least there’s two of us, makes me feel a little better

I will be furious if we don't get it in wave 1. Like yourself I had it ordered before 8.15 am

I just don't understand why we wouldn't have it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I will be furious if we don't get it in wave 1. Like yourself I had it ordered before 8.15 am

I just don't understand why we wouldn't have it

Well your in a better position than me. I will have to wait for retailers to get new stock before I can buy as I didn't pre-order anywhere.

It's my own fault really I wasn't too interested in getting one and that has now changed and I really want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

I got the email but I'm still able to cancel the order, no pending transactions on Revolut either, I'm regretting using Revolut now as I'll likely have to confirm the payment when MS try take it, Worried it'll happen during the night & mess up my order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Make that 3. I've no email or pending transaction either. Ordered at around 8:20am. My order is fine in MS site when I check it but can still change details. Hoping it comes through tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Also waiting for an email and can cancel/edit my order. Fingers crossed that some good news arrives within the next few days or else it's hit the bottle time and throw myself a pity party :)

Advertisement