Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you say that MS don't have the capability to process millions of transactions when that's exactly what they're doing?

Don't forget Xbox consoles are not their only transactions.

Payments is a complex business full of rules and regulations, country specific, revenue recognition rules too that realate to when product is shipped ,as well as dependence on third parties to process so I don't see why you think they're struggling with this?

Was just having a joke at their expense Murph, not meant to be taken seriously at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

CatInABox wrote: »
    Was just having a joke at their expense Murph, not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Your joke wasn't entirely wrong though, MS outsourced their staff orders to a 3rd party company

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Are you allowed travel outside your 5km radius for collecting something? I have the Xbox fully paid in Currys but I'm going to presume they're not going to get delivery in place with how shambolic the whole process has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

8 days everyone :)

Any recommendations for someone who’s first Xbox this will be? Got Game Pass.

Big RPG fan and looking forward to diving into Outer Worlds which I missed on PS, replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy and trying out the first two Dragon Age games and Fable series

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Big RPG fan and looking forward to diving into Outer Worlds which I missed on PS, replaying the Mass Effect Trilogy and trying out the first two Dragon Age games and Fable series

If you can hold off, I'd recommend waiting a while on The Outer Worlds. They promised a Series X enhanced version will be coming eventually, but it's not coming at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Are you allowed travel outside your 5km radius for collecting something? I have the Xbox fully paid in Currys but I'm going to presume they're not going to get delivery in place with how shambolic the whole process has been.

As long as it is your closest store for such goods you should be able to travel, hell not everyone lives within 5km of their local supermarket for groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

tony1980 wrote: »
    MS charged me this morning and order is no longer in a status of pending on the website.
    I paid with Microsoft credit and mine still say pending even doh they took the money off my account what does yours account say now?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Kingdom Hearts (some of them are on game pass) also so is wastelands. The witcher is there as well.
    Not Rpg but might I suggest Ori both are available on gamepass.
    Gears and Halo are also there

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Kingdom Hearts (some of them are on game pass) also so is wastelands. The witcher is there as well.
    Not Rpg but might I suggest Ori both are available on gamepass.
    Gears and Halo are also there

Thanks! Amazed that almost all KH is on it, will definitely replay at some stage.
    The Witcher 3 I started several times and just never got into.
    Thanks for the Ori suggestion, looks beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Thanks! Amazed that almost all KH is on it, will definitely replay at some stage.
    The Witcher 3 I started several times and just never got into.
    Thanks for the Ori suggestion, looks beautiful!

Tales of vesperia if your into jrpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

rob808 wrote: »
    I paid with Microsoft credit and mine still say pending even doh they took the money off my account what does yours account say now?.

I have no idea what's going on, it said completed on their site this morning and was showing as a transaction in my account. Now it's back to pending on the site and says pending in my bank too. I might have to ring the bank in case it's an issue there!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rm212 wrote: »
    If you can hold off, I'd recommend waiting a while on The Outer Worlds. They promised a Series X enhanced version will be coming eventually, but it's not coming at launch.

I'm actually lookng at this the other way. Play some of it on One X this week an then play on Series X next week to compare the backwards compatibility

Then hopefully compare again with Series X version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Outer Worlds ran terribly on the One X for me, I want to give it another playthrough but waiting for the Series X to see if that helps it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

rob808 wrote: »

My credit card was charged and my status is still pending as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    I have no idea what's going on, it said completed on their site this morning and was showing as a transaction in my account. Now it's back to pending on the site and says pending in my bank too. I might have to ring the bank in case it's an issue there!

Its likely the final precheck - they apply a test charge to your account to make sure you have the funds. thats put aside as pending by your back or credit card provider, and it likely won't be fully drawn down until the item is physically dispatched for delivery.

That makes sense! I gave up with the bank as I'm up the walls at work and the wait on the call went on too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Just got the pending charge on my account (PTSB if that matters). Order is still pending but that seems par for the course

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

By any strange miracle did anyone get an email from gamestop today?

Doomofman wrote: »
    Just got the pending charge on my account (PTSB if that matters). Order is still pending but that seems par for the course

I’m PTSB too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Has anyone been contacted by GameStop after the initial email saying you were getting it at launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Has anyone been contacted by GameStop after the initial email saying you were getting it at launch?

Got a phone call on Saturday to pay off the balance with a time for collection and an order number for when I collect it together with what’s needed on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

lfc200 wrote: »
    By any strange miracle did anyone get an email from gamestop today?

Nothing at all from them yet.
    I pre-ordered online with them minutes after they opened - really thought I'd be getting one at launch but losing hope now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Pending charge just appeared for my Series X on my bank account (AIB) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Hard to believe it's actually happening. I'm not getting a next gen console for a while. Have a few current gen and last gen games to finish first. But excited all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Pending charge just appeared for my Series X on my bank account (AIB) :)

Same as now... I assume i can transfer games from my Hard Drive to the Series X to save off downloading the games at launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Pending charge just in on credit card now I'm AIB as well. I've been checking every 10mins for the last hour I wont relax until I see the UPS truck outside the front door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

What's everyone's launch line up looking like? I'm getting assassin's Creed Valhalla and watch dogs legion. I was supposed to have cyberpunk 2077 as well but that's been delayed. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Pending charge on my AIB account... the relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone hear anything from Amazon? I just have a standard arriving November 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think I've checked open24 today more times today than in the last 10 years :pac:

Advertisement