Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

rm212 wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you - I got my order confirmation 19 minutes after pre-orders opened. Absolutely nothing to date.

Same.. still nothing, no email, no charge. Tried updating my payment, nothing.. I have an X and an S on my order. Interestingly I had ordered two play & charge kits but removed them from my order later as I realised they were Xbox One accessories..

Wondering if that's complicated things a little. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

recyclops wrote: »
    ok so been on to both MS and Revolut with mixed messages between the two then the call dropped from MS. I called them back and the second guy was more reassuring he said he can see the payment going out and that they wouldnt go again and so long as the bank dont stop it I am good ( he did say arriving 12th/13th but I am ignoring that)

secondly revolut said they can see the payment and wont stop it as i have contacted them about it, they said its now sitting there waiting for MS to take it.

the status will stay at pending on both until the transaction is completed.

Thank you, that's a bit reassuring at least, reckon it would be worth my while doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

dor83 wrote: »
    Did you use PayPal? I haven't been charged yet either and selected PayPal as my payment method, I'm thinking they are doing cards earlier because it takes a while for it to clear but with PayPal they don't need to wait for clearance so it's quicker, meaning it won't show up until they do they full charge.

Nope, I'm on card. I've seen people say they have the pre-auth with PayPal too unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

491 taken from the Revolut this morning. (ordered way late from the Polish store)
    Was freaking out that Revolut would act up but thankfully no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

rm212 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm on card. I've seen people say they have the pre-auth with PayPal too unfortunately...

I don't know then, I'm still hoping they use my store credit but have been told by the support agent that they won't, either way I wish they'd hurry up and take my money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Pre-ordered in first batch. Still no change in status and had no payment taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    Thank you, that's a bit reassuring at least, reckon it would be worth my while doing the same?

maybe worth contacting your bank to make sure they dont stop it

how do you check if you chose priority delivery or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

If it helps, I went to update payment method on mine, didn’t change it and just hit save. That triggered the payment straight away.

I accept no responsibility if it breaks something, but I saw a few on Reddit that did the same so seems to work.

I chose PayPal. I went to my MS account and the option I have is "Change how you pay". I clicked this and just clicked "next". Got a message saying that has been confirmed and I am "Ready to go" but no charges on my PayPal account yet. I might just use the CC and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

how do you check if you chose priority delivery or not?

With MS?

Don't remember there being any options with that.

maybe worth contacting your bank to make sure they dont stop it

Just off the chat with Revolut, they won't stop it & say Microsoft has 15 days to claim it, hopefully all good on their side.

Just off the chat with Revolut, they won't stop it & say Microsoft has 15 days to claim it, hopefully all good on their side.

I had a similar situation recently when buying a phone directly through Google. Google said my payment had been declined by Revolut, I contacted Revolut and they said they hadn't and wouldn't block it. A bit later on, the payment came out fine.

I wouldn't expect Revolut to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Success, finally. Rang customer support and they said transaction this morning was rejected and they would try one more time and to confirm with bank that transaction was OK. At the end of call they offered me 3 months Game Pas for €1. I initially declined as I Game Share a sub but changed my mind and said to go ahead with it. Just as well I did, he tried to charge my card and that too was rejected. Told him the expiry date on card and he said that he had a different one on system, no idea how that happened. I had to add the card as a new card and once he updated that the Game Pass and Series X transactions both went through straight away. Phew

Edit: he said next step will be tracking details email and expected delivery date is 10th Nov. Options to change payment method are still there on site but I imagine they will update soon or are locked if you try change

Just finished chatting to MS support team.

"Thank you for patiently waiting, I have checked the order number and its for Xbox Series X. Upon reviewing the pre order. I found that the system already tried to charge you but was declined by your bank. No worries, the pre order is still on your account and what we are going to do is to contact your bank and have this clarified to them."

No idea why this would be. I've made sure I've had a balance to cover it the entire time. Kind of worrying. I'm with Ulster Bank, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

peejay1986 wrote: »

"Thank you for patiently waiting, I have checked the order number and its for Xbox Series X. Upon reviewing the pre order. I found that the system already tried to charge you but was declined by your bank. No worries, the pre order is still on your account and what we are going to do is to contact your bank and have this clarified to them."

No idea why this would be. I've made sure I've had a balance to cover it the entire time. Kind of worrying. I'm with Ulster Bank, by the way.

I was afraid this may happen to me and I don't think it's to do with your balance. Your bank might just be treating it as a suspicious transaction. Usually with large amounts I have to put in a pin so was thinking something might happen but mine went through ok. It might be worth contacting your bank yourself.

peejay1986 wrote: »

Were you on the phone to them or a web chat? I can't find a web chat with an actual agent anywhere, can only get the bot

Were you on the phone to them or a web chat? I can't find a web chat with an actual agent anywhere, can only get the bot

Just type in 'can I speak to an agent'. You can request a call back too

rizzla wrote: »
    I was afraid this may happen to me and I don't think it's to do with your balance. Your bank might just be treating it as a suspicious transaction. Usually with large amounts I have to put in a pin so was thinking something might happen but mine went through ok. It might be worth contacting your bank yourself.

Yes, just onto them at the minute. Fingers crossed they can add some clarity.

Spoke with an agent. Just type "speak with agent" in when you're chatting with the bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Just got my AnPost Debit card statement with the 500 taken out by Microsoft - woohoo, finally some good news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Money just gone from mine, week off work next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got my money taken too, probably the first time I'm happy to see that amount go out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Still nothing, tried live support no one answered for an hour, requested a call back and nothing either

for those who had money taken out is your order still saying pending?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd my gamestop order confirmed to be collect at launch but seeing as the storr is closed, I've got just the answer from customer service so far. I won't lie I'm close to losing it

Yep, still pending for me.

Yeah mine still says pending too but I'd imagine if I tried to change anything now it wouldn't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Still pending but the option to cancel/change payment method is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd my gamestop order confirmed to be collect at launch but seeing as the storr is closed, I've got just the answer from customer service so far. I won't lie I'm close to losing it

what was their answer?
    I see their twitter is getting the same questions and sod all about it.
    I wouldn't put it past gamestop to pull a fast one, have deposits for consoles and go into administration.
    They're guaranteed to do it anyway with their balance sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just checked my aib account and the 499 is deducted but marked as 'pending', I presume that means everything is ok.

Advertisement