Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blazer wrote: »
    what was their answer?
    I see their twitter is getting the same questions and sod all about it.
    I wouldn't put it past gamestop to pull a fast one, have deposits for consoles and go into administration.
    They're guaranteed to do it anyway with their balance sheet.

Tbh there isn't much point in bombarding their twitter, they have nothing to do with the customer service.

Customer service isn't much better though, I've had an open ticket since Friday morning regarding my Destiny 2 CE which is fully paid. I can't re order off the website either as it is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Still no charge for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

recyclops wrote: »
    for those who had money taken out is your order still saying pending?

Yeah it'll most likely stay at that for a few days until someone is just about to put it in a box and slap on a shipping label.

I pre-ordered the Oculus Quest 2 a few weeks, charged on the Tuesday and no movement until it was dispatched the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tbh there isn't much point in bombarding their twitter, they have nothing to do with the customer service.

Customer service isn't much better though, I've had an open ticket since Friday morning regarding my Destiny 2 CE which is fully paid. I can't re order off the website either as it is sold out.

yeah I talked to their customer service and he told me that they can't see pre-orders for stores and to contact the store.
    I asked him what do I do if the store is closed and he said "to be patient as they will be in contact shortly".
    What a ****in farce. Knew I should have ordered from MS that morning.
    Hell I even had it in my cart but said **** it. I was trading in my xbox one x at gamestop for 180 and didn't want to end up with 2 new consoles and deprive someone of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah it'll most likely stay at that for a few days until someone is just about to put it in a box and slap on a shipping label.

I pre-ordered the Oculus Quest 2 a few weeks, charged on the Tuesday and no movement until it was dispatched the following Monday.

Do we know where these consoles are shipping from?

Interesting to see when they'll ship an what route they take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Blazer wrote: »
    what was their answer?
    I see their twitter is getting the same questions and sod all about it.
    I wouldn't put it past gamestop to pull a fast one, have deposits for consoles and go into administration.
    They're guaranteed to do it anyway with their balance sheet.

Ringing customer service didn't lead anywhere, was just put on hold. Didn't have the time to be stuck on the phone all day so sent an email, just got the usual reply we received your ticket and it's been reviewed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just called MS customer service and wasn't worth calling. Difficult to get an answer, was just told to wait..the payment would be taken at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I even tried switching from card to PayPal and no charge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's no need to panic if your payment hasn't been taken out yet by MS, it's only Tuesday and your orders are still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derek..

Got a pretty generic answer from the Microsoft store.
    The girl on the phone didn't even ask me for any details.

Just the usual wait a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's no need to panic if your payment hasn't been taken out yet by MS, it's only Tuesday and your orders are still pending.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

I contacted microsoft through the webchat and the girl said that all is in order and to make sure to have the funds in my account as the payment could be taken anytime.

Also said that the console should arrive at my house on the the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

wacky-waving.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just got around to playing that gif now, forgot this morning with all the panic. That's insane the world loads before the loading screen has a chance to display. Hoping its the same with all open world games. I've put off finishing Divinity Original Sin 2 until I have Series X in the hope load screens are much faster.

Do we know yet what the story is with gamestop other than the wave emails which mention "don't worry we have a plan and will be in touch soon"?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

On the phone to support atm, hes trying to take the money from my account but it won't work, my bank ain't blocking it either, no idea what is happening atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Do we know yet what the story is with gamestop other than the wave emails which mention "don't worry we have a plan and will be in touch soon"?

I’ve heard nothing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I've given up on it, myself. I regret completely going near them. Only thing that's kept me sane is Beyond Light is out next week and I can play it on the 1X.

An absolute mess from a logistical and customer service standpoint for the majority. The minority are very lucky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When will they ship?

gibgodsman wrote: »
    On the phone to support atm, hes trying to take the money from my account but it won't work, my bank ain't blocking it either, no idea what is happening atm

I had the same and was only by chance we copped my expiry date on card was wrong during the call. Dont know how that happened cos I've used that card before with no issues

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    1000% sure the card details are correct?

Your bank should be able to see any failed attempts, like incorrect expiry date or CVV, so make sure the main card number is correct (as well at the other details!)

100% correct, also have a working paypal linked, over 5k in the bank account too so not a money issue

Rang my bank, Microsoft did a check on my card last night but didn't attempt to take any money out of it, so its not my bank either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

For anyone still looking to get a new xbox series s, I ordered mine a few min ago on Amazon.es, hope it helps ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Mine say paid with Microsoft account xbox series x pending.I presume im alright does the people that successfully paid with bank card does it say paid with bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone who ordered online with GameStop to collect in store still not heard anything? Got my order in long before it was 'join the queue' on the day of pre-order release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RB3anz

Anyone who ordered online with GameStop to collect in store still not heard anything? Got my order in long before it was 'join the queue' on the day of pre-order release.

I've not heard anything either, it's so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Getting close to the release day now and I'm getting quite excited. I haven't played xbox since the 360 days and Halo 3. What games would be recommend to get? Have gears and the halo collections on my list. Also, Is it worth getting the xbox pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

rob808 wrote: »
    Mine say paid with Microsoft account xbox series x pending.I presume im alright does the people that successfully paid with bank card does it say paid with bank card.

Mine says Paid with PayPal(email address) even though they haven't taken any money yet, I changed it to card earlier and it said Paid with Visa but again, no money has been taken for it yet.

• Advertisement

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Getting close to the release day now and I'm getting quite excited. I haven't played xbox since the 360 days and Halo 3. What games would be recommend to get? Have gears and the halo collections on my list. Also, Is it worth getting the xbox pass?

100% recommend getting Game Pass. All the Halo and Gears games are up there and loads more to keep you occupied. Most of those games are getting polished up for Series X/S too

Advertisement