Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Getting close to the release day now and I'm getting quite excited. I haven't played xbox since the 360 days and Halo 3. What games would be recommend to get? Have gears and the halo collections on my list. Also, Is it worth getting the xbox pass?

Just get gamepass and fill your boots with Gears and Halo then when you need a change or something different there are tonnes of games to choose from risk free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Getting close to the release day now and I'm getting quite excited. I haven't played xbox since the 360 days and Halo 3. What games would be recommend to get? Have gears and the halo collections on my list. Also, Is it worth getting the xbox pass?

Gamepass is great value, there are a lot of really good games on it and if you stack up to 3 years of Gold and upgrade to Gamepass Ultimate for €1 it's amazing value, even more so with EA play being added next week. You also get xCloud with it if you want to use that.

As far as games go I'd recommend the all of the below.
    The Ori games are excellent.
    Quantum Break is great, apart from the crappy final boss.
    Sunset Overdrive is a lot of fun once you get into it.
    The Outer Worlds is good.
    Forza Horizon is great and will get an upgrade for launch too.
    I enjoyed Crackdown 3 too but it's just an average game.

That's without even mentioning the likes of Doom, Dishonoured 2, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Rainbow 6 and a load of other great games on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

dor83 wrote: »
    Quantum Break is great, apart from the crappy final boss.

Still haven't finished the game because of that stupid boss and the instakill crap. Hopefully the load times are massively reduced on the Series X I might go back and end it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

dor83 wrote: »
    Mine says Paid with PayPal(email address) even though they haven't taken any money yet, I changed it to card earlier and it said Paid with Visa but again, no money has been taken for it yet.

I did the same as this and I now have a Pending Microsoft transaction on my CC. No value is linked to the transaction but seeing as I have bought nothing else from Microsoft with my CC, it has to be the console. Money may be taken in the coming 48 hours.

maximoose wrote: »
    Still haven't finished the game because of that stupid boss and the instakill crap. Hopefully the load times are massively reduced on the Series X I might go back and end it!

Yeah I am only missing the achievement for completing it on hard difficulty and the only reason I didn't do that was because of that boss, I might give it another run through when I get the Series X myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 NeilBreen

RB3anz wrote: »
    I've not heard anything either, it's so frustrating.

Which store? I'm waiting on any contact from Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I use BOI and got charged earlier today

I use BOI and haven't been charged. Does that mean anything :confused::(

Edit: Scratch that, I used Paypal which is linked to a credit card. There's no payment pending at all on my Paypal. Worried now

ZiabR wrote: »
    I did the same as this and I now have a Pending Microsoft transaction on my CC. No value is linked to the transaction but seeing as I have bought nothing else from Microsoft with my CC, it has to be the console. Money may be taken in the coming 48 hours.

Didn't work for me, I even reconfirmed the card a few times and nothing so I just changed it back to PayPal.

Synode wrote: »

Edit: Scratch that, I used Paypal which is linked to a credit card. There's no payment pending at all on my Paypal. Worried now

I wouldnt be, they are processing in batches. Its only the 3rd. I expect 99% of payments will be taken before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty impressive

Series X doing very well, as the 3080 (if you can get one), is like 200/300 more than the price of a Series X, on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Synode wrote: »

You won't see any pending PayPal transaction for a transaction such as this, as the pre-auth won't be shown on the account end until the payment is actually processed. I wouldn't be worried, as long as your Cards/Bank Account linked to your PayPal account, or the account itself has enough funds to cover the charge when it happens. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

wes wrote: »
    Series X doing very well, as the 3080 (if you can get one), is like 200/300 more than the price of a Series X, on its own.

It's going to be the generation of puddles, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RB3anz

NeilBreen wrote: »
    Which store? I'm waiting on any contact from Dundalk

I was supposed to be collecting it from the Midleton GameStop in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Anyone who ordered online with GameStop to collect in store still not heard anything? Got my order in long before it was 'join the queue' on the day of pre-order release.

I'd my order in at 8:05am on the 22nd, haven't heard a thing from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

I was on to Microsoft store they check my perorder since I paid with Microsoft credit he said my order was ok and should get delivered happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Probes wrote: »
    It's going to be the generation of puddles, isn't it?

We all saw how people reacted to Spider-Man puddle gate. Dev's know gamers loves there puddles, and if they dare remove them, they are in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Just got an email from gamestop Drogheda saying I wouldn't be getting mine on launch day and they weren't sure when they were getting more in. Very frustrating as I placed my order at 8:15 the day pre orders went live but I've since heard that gamestop had actually been taking orders for months! I'd originally planned to go with Smyths but their site was a mess that morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wes wrote: »
    We all saw how people reacted to Spider-Man puddle gate. Dev's know gamers loves there puddles, and if they dare remove them, they are in big trouble.

Puddles are going to be the next big next gen battles ground. Teraflops and SSD speeds ain't going to mean ****, it'll be all about those puddles....

Just thinking if you moved from PayPal to CC is there a chance of a double charge seeing as PayPal doing show pending transactions. Hopefully not :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

As a change of subject.

Any Apple TV+ users out there will be able to use a new Apple TV App from November 10.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/02/apple-tv-and-favorite-streaming-apps-available-at-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    Puddles are going to be the next big next gen battles ground. Teraflops and SSD speeds ain't going to mean ****, it'll be all about those puddles....

Yes the developers misheard the request for more puzzle games.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I got an email to confirm I was included in launch day last week. My local store is closed so they are to contact me in relation to payment and delivery. But not heard a thing yet since

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

R.F. wrote: »
    I got an email to confirm I was included in launch day last week. My local store is closed so they are to contact me in relation to payment and delivery. But not heard a thing yet since

Lucky you got an email, not heard anything still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

R.F. wrote: »

Same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Same boat as you.

Same boat, paid in full in store. Online in store transaction says 0.00 euro on it. No email, no text or anything.

I have heared on twitter people getting emails saying they not getting it and dunno when so still hope for no email but very slim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

ZiabR wrote: »
    Just thinking if you moved from PayPal to CC is there a chance of a double charge seeing as PayPal doing show pending transactions. Hopefully not :S

That'll be up to MS to sort out, but if you change to a CC from PayPal before the payment is actioned, then there shouldn't be any payment happening via PayPal anyway.

Using PayPal in this instance is different to a pre-auth on a credit/debit card, as you most likely have an existing billing agreement set up with MS through PayPal from previous purchases. So they will just initiate a payment through that billing agreement when the time comes, in real time. There is no need for them to pre-auth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Braytek wrote: »
    Same boat, paid in full in store. Online in store transaction says 0.00 euro on it. No email, no text or anything.

I have heared on twitter people getting emails saying they not getting it and dunno when so still hope for no email but very slim

Did you get an email last week to say you were in the launch allocation?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Did you get an email last week to say you were in the launch allocation?

No communication what so ever, so most likely not getting it. Would of being nice getting a sorry you haven't made the list email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Braytek wrote: »
    No communication what so ever, so most likely not getting it. Would of being nice getting a sorry you haven't made the list email

I'm in the same boat. Not sure when to even sell my One X now.

Advertisement