Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Limpar wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Not sure when to even sell my One X now.

I can understand the frustration for a lot of people, with lockdown and everything going on its one thing to look forward to and people just want to know when.

Fingers crossed where both playing end of November.

Funny enough women in gamestop told me Ps5 is many many times more preorders then series X which had me thinking shouldn't be too bad but they may or may not have oversold and on twitter (take with salt) saying some gamestop xbox going to friends and family cause staff get benefits?

No point in complaining about it I guess will get it eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

R.F. wrote: »
    I got an email to confirm I was included in launch day last week. My local store is closed so they are to contact me in relation to payment and delivery. But not heard a thing yet since
    Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Same boat as you.

AFAIK GS only contacted day one order customers, where the store will be open for click and collect. I'm sure they are still working on a plan for the closed store day one-rs. I'd imagine you'll know before the week is out.
    Braytek wrote: »
    Same boat, paid in full in store. Online in store transaction says 0.00 euro on it. No email, no text or anything.

I have heared on twitter people getting emails saying they not getting it and dunno when so still hope for no email but very slim

When did you place the pre-order? Regarding the 0.00 transaction, that's how it is for both XSX & PS5 in-store pre-orders. Nothing to worry about there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Anyone know what the story is with Harvey Norman, do we just rock up on the Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

murpho999 wrote: »
    As a change of subject.

Any Apple TV+ users out there will be able to use a new Apple TV App from November 10.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/02/apple-tv-and-favorite-streaming-apps-available-at-launch/

Nice, surprised I spotted this in all the panic posting! :D

I'll use the 7 day trial to watch Mythic Quest and leave it at that!
    Unless there's any other recommendations?

Anyone know what the story is with Harvey Norman, do we just rock up on the Tuesday?

The confirmation email says we'll get a ready to collect email, then we need to choose contactless click and collect option from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

marcbrophy wrote: »

TV+ gets a lot of hate but honestly the shows there, while there aren't that many, have been some of the best TV I've watched. Particularly Defending Jacob and The Morning Show I found to be incredible. Home Before Dark was also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

The only Apple show I have watched was Ted Lasso and it was probably my favourite new show this year, even if you're not that into football it's worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My order on MS still shows as pending but also as paid and no option to cancel or change payment method.

Looks like it's happening.

My order on MS still shows as pending but also as paid and no option to cancel or change payment method.

I think it shows as pending until they are ready to ship but once the option to cancel or change payment goes it has been paid in full, that's what I think it means anyway.

Series as mentioned above and also a new film by Sofia Coppola with Bill Murray.

I haven't seen it yet but it has good reviews: On The Rocks.

They seem to be getting bigger. You also get 1 year free if you hav a new apple product (phone, ipad , TV, Mac)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye....option to cancel gone from the consoles and accessories, though the Expansion Card is still unchanged from pending (has been charged though).
    Didn't happen all at once though, staggered over the last couple days - so they are getting to the orders, just gonna take a bit of time for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Both my s and x now in pending and cancel and change payment option gone. Paid with revelut, and used the change payment trick for my x for this who were worried about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Both my s and x now in pending and cancel and change payment option gone. Paid with revelut, and used the change payment trick for my x for this who were worried about this

Same here for my Series X. Pending but other options are gone. Its really real now. I actually didn't realise today week was launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

+1 on the above, used the change payment and the option to cancel/change is now gone. Now just to wait a few days to begin with the constant shipping updates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

+1 on the above, used the change payment and the option to cancel/change is now gone. Now just to wait a few days to begin with the constant shipping updates :D

Alas Christmas it is for me but to be honest having something to look forward to will bring some nice relief from this crappy year

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Just logged into my MS account, says pending like everyone else but also option to cancel or change has been removed too like you guys! Revolut payment, did the change payment trick lastnight.

It's finally happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

bazzz wrote: »
    AFAIK GS only contacted day one order customers, where the store will be open for click and collect. I'm sure they are still working on a plan for the closed store day one-rs. I'd imagine you'll know before the week is out.

Hope so, but a small clarification; I’m a day one email recipient where the store is closed (Stephen’s Green, which is kinda mad). I’m also living in another county, so I’m really interested in their solution!

antifyre wrote: »
    Hope so, but a small clarification; I’m a day one email recipient where the store is closed (Stephen’s Green, which is kinda mad). I’m also living in another county, so I’m really interested in their solution!

This is the worry really. At no point have they mentioned they are going to be couriering the consoles out to everyone. Initial allocation for a closed store could very well mean we'll be first to collect it post lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

This is the worry really. At no point have they mentioned they are going to be couriering the consoles out to everyone. Initial allocation for a closed store could very well mean we'll be first to collect it post lock down.

Yeah, I’d happily pay them something towards a courier, but I’m not going to fall over with shock it I don’t see it until December....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Before they closed the assistant in Gamestop Dundrum told they would be delivered, but that may have been hearsay among the staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

antifyre wrote: »
    Yeah, I’d happily pay them something towards a courier, but I’m not going to fall over with shock it I don’t see it until December....

Just wait till at least Friday and see if there's any news. It's a unforeseen circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I'm getting annoyed now that they won't take my money :D I just want it taken out and to know that Revolut won't block the payment and cause any issues. I've done the switching payment method trick too, no dice. I have a separate controller order which hasn't been charger either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I can no longer change how I pay, revolut and ms still says pending so that's good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Still no payment taken and can still cancel. Changed payment, still nothing.

Still no payment taken and can still cancel. Changed payment, still nothing.

Keep calm. I'd say it's being done in batches/waves etc.

Can still happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Keep calm. I'd say it's been done in batches/waves etc.

Can still happen.

I am totally chilled :cool:

Minutes later on a call to Microsoft support.

fcb150289ec1dabaf8d2c0083ba971c5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

My order with Microsoft now says pre-ordered "Estimated date of delivery November 10th". It's gonna be a long week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My order with Microsoft now says pre-ordered "Estimated date of delivery November 10th". It's gonna be a long week..

Mine too. I still won’t rest til it’s in my hands :)

Did it not say that before changing to pending? I thought it originally said that and then changed a while ago but I could be wrong. Mine says the same even though they still haven't taken any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

dor83 wrote: »
    Did it not say that before changing to pending? I thought it originally said that and then changed a while ago but I could be wrong. Mine says the same even though they still haven't taken any money.

Its the first time mine has said its due on launch day and mine was ordered on the 8th of October from Poland

Advertisement